The ride will NEVER end now. NEVER. EVER

techpowerup.com/240556/intel-acknowledges-higher-reboots-affecting-haswell-and-broadwell

>after the patch
>AFTER the patch
>after the "patch"
>after the ((patch))
>after the (((patch)))

Other urls found in this thread:

finance.yahoo.com/m/fde92557-1032-32cf-b0c1-580ce0145c6c/intel-admits-security-patches.html
youtube.com/watch?v=_bSEfx6D8mA
techpowerup.com/240566/intel-amt-security-issue-lets-attackers-bypass-login-credentials
youtube.com/watch?v=SPSlj-OGjFI
amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution
theregister.co.uk/2018/01/12/intel_amt_insecure/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WTF is a "higher system reboot"?

this
Did they mean higher rate? as in more frequent

It starts with One thing, I don't know why It doesn't even matter how hard you try Keep that in mind I designed this rhyme To explain due time All I know Time is a valuable thing Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings Watch it count down till the end of the day The clock ticks life away It's so unreal You didn't look out below, Watch the time go right out the window Tryin to hold on Didnt even know, I wasted it all Just to watch you go I kept everything inside And even though I tried It all fell apart What it's meant to be Will eventually, be a memory, of a time

CRAWLING IN MY SKIN

lol Intel deserves this

Probably higher reboot time (slower).
This is Intel's PR/marketing statement after all

dumb niggers can't even white like normal people. fuck

Oh no you don't:

>Higher reboots

what the FUCKING HELL is a higher reboot?

Highly likely system crashes way more often and reboots, after the """""(((patch)))""""".

something a pajeet in charge of posting """news""" articles wrote

finance.yahoo.com/m/fde92557-1032-32cf-b0c1-580ce0145c6c/intel-admits-security-patches.html

>surprise reboots
>surprise
>SURPRISE
>REBOOTS
>SURPRISE

youtube.com/watch?v=_bSEfx6D8mA

techpowerup.com/240566/intel-amt-security-issue-lets-attackers-bypass-login-credentials

OOOOOOO FUUUUUUUUUUUUG

So is it only Haswell and newer motherboards getting updated? Is this how Sandy Bridge finally dies?

Don't you get it, goy? BUY OUR NEW CPU.

mommy Su has a nice rack.

The systems are crashing and rebooting after the patch was installed

>bypass BIOS passwords
Finally Rajeesh can buy locked thinkpads

>To exploit this, all an attacker needs to do is reboot or power up the target machine and press CTRL-P during bootup. The attacker then may log into Intel Management Engine BIOS Extension (MEBx) using the default password, "admin," as this default is most likely unchanged on most corporate laptops. The attacker then may change the default password, enable remote access and set AMT's user opt-in to "None." The attacker can now gain remote access to the system from both wireless and wired networks, as long as they're able to insert themselves onto the same network segment with the victim. Access to the device may also be possible from outside the local network via an attacker-operated CIRA server.

So... it's working as AMT should?

Yikes...so glad I've dicking about with Linux on my Surface Pro 3 in the last week.

youtube.com/watch?v=SPSlj-OGjFI

epyc simbly epyc

>higher reboots
>they're talking about BSODs
hahaha, intel PR is unbelievable.

Just do what you can do as a customer to get them to go fuck themselves.
Do not ever, and I mean EVER buy Intel ever again. Let their ship sink so that we can get back on track with true CPU innovation.

Hahahahahahah where's your mobile cpu developers to save your ass again lmao

>Performance is hibing a bick wall, what shud we do about it :-DDDDDDDDD

>More sebeulative execubion :DDDD

>Ebin

INTEL IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT !!
INTELFAGS BTFO!!

THANK YOU BASED LISA SU

sameshit.
Please stop bumping this antisemitic thread.

i guess sandy bridge is already in end of support phase, and... ivy bridge too.

amd.com/en/corporate/speculative-execution

>While we believe that AMD’s processor architectures make it difficult to exploit Variant 2, we continue to work closely with the industry on this threat. We have defined additional steps through a combination of processor microcode updates and OS patches that we will make available to AMD customers and partners to further mitigate the threat.

Don't worry AMD shills, your performance patches will be arriving soon :^)

>MFW GLORIOUS AMD patch comes out and there's literally 0.000000001% performance "hit" after installing it

It means the systems can randomly BSOD/freeze after the update

yes, yes of course it will be! In fact it might be a 0.0000000001% hit!

It's a feature, goy

that is still only spectre retard, not meltdown

Where's the pajeet who was shilling my thread 2 days ago trying to prevent me from unistalling the patches?

From the 8th Jan Microcode tarball, only Haswell and Ivy Bridge-E/EP/EX and above have a microcode update.

Sorry~

Finally Sandy bridge days can shit up about their "perfect chip"

I'm still salty about how the salesman convinced to get an FX-6100 instead of the 2500k.

he was right in the end HA

Yea sure, but was it worth the 2 years of using garbage? Not really. Long live Ryzen. I keep telling myself my 1700X is perfectly fine, but I'll probably still be selling it used on eBay to get the 12nm Ryzen refresh. Potential for 4.4ghz+ clocks has me.

Yes my fellow shill! Its ONLY spectre! Nothing to see here!!

What about Intel AMT exploit?
You niggers haven't even gotten to that yet

>surprise reboots

it's a feature

It's not an exploit you dumb piece of shit.

THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL

cry harder cuck boy,

Yes my fellow shill! That cuck boy is just trying to imply mean things about our favorite company AMD! SAD!

Nobody on Sup Forums is affected by this.

They had to rollback the AMD patches because they were causing bluescreens.

Classic no drivers.

Intel has made me live in absolute fear for the last 2 weeks. I'm scared to even use a search engine at this point because who knows, a random fucking JS might just take over my entire PC.
This is beyond fucked up.

You can relax, its already patched in both Windows and Linux.

Windows, macOS and Linux are patched, the fear is for the lost performance.

I don't know what the fuck is up with Intel right now.

99 little bugs in the patch
99 little bugs
take it down
patch it around
over 9000 little bugs in the patch

I have the latest intel-microcode on Debian unstable along with a Haswell and I haven't noticed anything weird going on, so it doesn't affect everyone at least. Still pretty shitty though, not buying Intel again.

just because you installed it doesn't mean it was applied.
Double check that it's actually in use.

>mfw intel devd this shit with NSA
>NSA gets their backdoors for spying intlel gets a reason for old CPU hold outs to “””upgrade”””
>it gets out of control and suddenly intel is losing out on perf all over to mitigate the out of control exploit
>now no one wants slow and insecure intlel servers
>mfw intlel killed itself and gave the market share to AMD with one action

theregister.co.uk/2018/01/12/intel_amt_insecure/

>Security shortcomings in Intel's Active Management Technology (AMT) can be exploited by miscreants to bypass login prompts on notebook computers.

Can intel do anything right?

This is not a bug.
You people are fucking retarded.

Check out this buttranged incuck, cry more faggot.

Not an argument. Opt-out yourself.

>intel dindu nuffin he a good company

You're stupid, you know that?
AMT allows you do break system and steal data. Wow, you fucking retard, just like root access in linux. Your retarded logic suggests that somehow that's intel and linux fault.
If someone is too dumb to change MEBx access password then he deserved it. This is not intel's fault.

Yes it is, homo. :3

Amd still hasnt even patched specter lmao enjoy your insecure cpus. Coffeelake got its bios update days ago

I have a Dell Latitude with a ivy bridge i5 and running Win 7
What do I need to do to protect myself from the vulnerabilities?

w-working as intended!

Holy shit intel fucking sucks!

shoot yourself please
I know who you are.

DELET NOW YOU ANTISEMITE

No U.

What did she look like in high school?

Why defend Intel who are bullshit artists?

My 4770k with its totally unsupported motherboard with no updates since 2014 is a fucking timebomb.

I'm just saying the truth. I don't really care about jewtel and their shitty products.

>Crashing on a microsoft/ intel enterprise platform is known as "higher rebooting"

Yet you defend an Intel designed feature which a regular user may not understand or even know about, that has poor default settings. Intel passes the buck to the OEMs which is a total copout, because Intel could enforce the same.

>which a regular user may not understand or even know about
By default AMT is unprovisioned, you dumb cunt. So normal users ARE NOT AFFECTED.
Corporats are affected if their IT dept is too incompetent to change MEBx access password. Which, again, is fully deserved.

not to mention that most consumer class laptops don't even have AMT BIOS support, so there is no way to provision it.
Business class is another story, but AMT is still always not provisioned by default.

Agree to an extent, but it is a given that there is a large degree of incompetence at that level of IT support.

A sane design would mandatorily require the credentials to be reset, a mechanism used by pretty much every other security device and feature in existence. Handwaving pebkac flaws instead of accepting reality and adding trivial enforcements means living in a world full of pebkac flaws.

>A sane design would mandatorily require the credentials to be reset
last time I was trying to access MEBx settings in my elitebook it asked me on first login to change default admin password, and this laptop is already 5 years old. Of course this couldn't be bypassed and I had to think of at least 8 digit password that includes numbers, lower and upper case letters and special characters.
So I don't see a problem here.

I am willing to bet that a simple bios dumb will have that password in the clear.

>get hired as a cleaner
>enter company after hours for cleaning when everybody leaves
>open computer
>start dumb
>get password
>change password and AMT settings
> remote access assured
>.......
>profit

>default admin password

And there is the handwave.

bios dumb? the fuck?

a dump

Are you retarded? You can't do ANYTHING inside unless you change the password. This is why I said you can't bypass it.
Jesus christ what happened to this shit board over time? Are you all retarded 15 year olds incapable of reading? Fuck you and fuck this place. Kill yourselves you little shitstains.

FEAR IS HOW I FALL

How do you dump a BIOS, dum dum? You think it's as simple as disassembling PC, putting SOIC-8 clip on the BIOS chip and just reading it?
It's not even stored in BIOS ROM to begin with.

fuck fear
I hate fear

This is all stupid anyway, if you have physical access just install a hardware key logger, there is no point in rigging a machine when you can get the credentials you need from the person logging in anyway. In fact you can then use those credentials on another machine.

And how this keylogger is going to help you? Do you believe someone is logging into MEBx once a day?
You're still missing the point of this discussion, which was this pathetic hate on intel caused by your lack of knowledge and possibly lack of brain.
I'm done with this thread you little defective cum container. Saged and hidden. Kill yourself.

Wow u mad? You're too aspie to comprehend that a sane design would require a bios toggle to enable the shipped feature in the first place and upon doing so require a password to be set.Thus NO DEFAULT SHIT PASSWORD, very simple.

kek
Can someone make this?

>And how this keylogger is going to help you? Do you believe someone is logging into MEBx once a day?
Dip shit, you use OS level crenedtials, you are fucking retarded why the fuck would we need to use MEBx when we have the actual login.