Goldmont

>goldmont
>not even goldmont+

It's shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

liliputing.com/2018/01/intel-june-canyon-nuc-gemini-lake-coming-soon-intel-mini-pc-news.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also

>only 1 ethernet port

Barf

>Intel recently announced that June Canyon (the follow up to Arches Canyon) had started entering the channel in late December. It uses a Gemini Lake SoC and promises better performance compared to Apollo Lake.

Yeah, this review is just for brushing up on knowledge

June Canyon with Gemini Lake/Goldmont Plus SoC should be available on sale soon

liliputing.com/2018/01/intel-june-canyon-nuc-gemini-lake-coming-soon-intel-mini-pc-news.html

>no USB-C
why?

Because USB-C is a worthless cosmetic change only meant to sell you new peripherals and this is a shit NUC anyway so why do you care.

You fucking idiot, USB-C is the easiest way to supplement a DP 1.2 - 1.4 signal at this point. Most DP cables are complete shit.

My complaints about this:

>It's not Thin ITX
>No upgrades, except RAM and SSD
> No USB-C
>Has an ethernet port "for what purpose"
>HDMI
>Optical Audio
>19V for what you're getting
>VGA in current fucking year

Everything about this is complete shit. Just build a Thin-ITX computer instead with a M.2 Riser to PCI-E x4 with a x16 adapter to use a graphics card, you'll lose 1% of the performance as long as you don't do something nigger retarded like trying to crossfire/sli with 2 x4 slots.

It's already got TWO HDMI outs why the fuck would they bother putting a USB Adaptive mode(or whatever the fuck it's called) there as well?

i like the support for user-replaceable third-party lids
that's a must right there

I would unironically buy one but the computer I have at the moment works and I don't see the point in buying another one while this one works. They look super comfy, and as long as I have 4GB of ram at least and lubuntu I'm a happy camper. I can't wait until I get one eventually, my celeron laptop can easily support what I need to do as well but is limited by 2 Gigs of ram.

>comfy
do you even know what that means?
now please use "cuck" in a sentence so you can collect your retarded millennial participation trophy
go be 12 somewhere else faggot

You are not comfy.

> mfw I have 16GB (2x8GB) sticks hanging off in a nuc right now and an extra ssd laying around
> mfw super tempted desu

Does it come with gaping Intel security holes also?

> mfw I just checked the price of the RAM i bought in 2015
> 2015
> 2015
For my nuc and it's now, in 2018, fucking double the price..
TOP KEK
TOP KEK

>celery

2200Gs on mini-itx or go bust

>user replaceable lid
How is this even a feature worth talking about?

No one cares about the replaceable lid

Yeah, I don't think they can beat $149 for a CPU/weak ass GPU combo + mobo + case + psu especially not in a nuc form factor.

It will be interesting to see what they launch with.
My guess is X470 full size mobos and maybe mini itx. Given the price of DDR4/etc, for my needs I might just grab a second nuc and transfer some stuff over to it for a grand total of $150.

The lid gets scratched as fuck + these are used in various corp environments thus allows you to custom brand it.

>celeron
>hd graphics
>ddr3
>vga

How's 2010 treating you?

Like nothing in general use computing has changed. Oh, and it plays 4k video because all you need for that is add-on circuitry now.
> Web browsing, movies, general desktop use at low wattage... $150 Cheaper than the price of a stick of DDR4 ram

Actually, Apollo Lake can hardware decode HEVC Main10 8K videos, which Rypoo garbage can't handle

Gemini Lake adds VP9 10bit 8K hardware decode, which again Rypoo garbage can't handle.

$150 NUC embaress overrated Rypoo garbage in HEVC Main10 & VP9 10bit 8K hardware decoding

VGA needs to die.

>VGA
Nice.

>post-patch Braswell Pentium runs like complete ass
>pre-patch it was barely cutting it
Fuck this nonsense. Where are the Puma replacement, AMD?

>no thunderbolt
mfw the original nucs that did include Thunderbolt will have infinitely Superior graphical performance to any new Nuc for a decade as long as you're willing to drop an extra hundred for a nice egpu setup (300 or so if you don't already have an extra GPU lying around)

How this compares to raspberry pi? Can this run Playstation 2 emulator?

>IT HAS FEATURES I DON'T USE AND THEREFORE NOBODY NEEDS!

Please fuck off back to your iphone.