De-Google Yourself

For those that are willing, or those that are interested. It's time to "De-Google" yourself. This thread helps to serve as a guide to find alternatives to not only Google services, but any service that it out to take users information.

Other urls found in this thread:

images.apple.com/euro/privacy/d/generic/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf
replicant.us/
puri.sm/shop/librem-5/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Email
Google, Yahoo, and companies alike read your emails in order to display relevant ads on your inbox.

Use email providers that you can trust, based in countries that have better privacy laws.

e.g. mailbox, posteo., protonmail, kolab

Better yet, learn how to host your own email server!

>Search
Google, Bing, and other search engines record your searches.

Use engines that doesn't log traffic, doesn't display ads. and has no tracker

e.g. StartPage, searx, Qwant

>Cloud storage
Google Drive, Dropbox, and other cloud storage services cannot be trusted to holding your information.

Create your own server with Nextcloud, or purchase a subscription with Seafile.

>spacing

I need an alternative to Google Music.
It's just so convenient to have it all sync across my devices.
This

Makes

It

Hard

To

Read

RMA yourself, Shatner

...?

>de-google
lol'd
Why?

>Wants to be cucked

Aaaand refiltered

>ellipses

>de-google

no such thing retard. the big data center companies control almost all of the web traffic. anything you post online is public. deal with it

the only guarantee privacy is never uploading your data

Can I block google analytics at host level? A ton of webpages/software use it.

I need a good alternative to google translate. preferably opensource

>email
>relevant ads
I don't see any ads when using Gmail. It's so secure even John Podesta used it!

This is interesting. Hopefully this thread won't be turned to shite right away (who am I kidding? it will)

You can block at either the host level, or at the router level as well, although it depends on the OS and router

you don't see them when using gmail. Gmail is how they make all other ads you see appropriate for you, by going through your mail

>search
>no mention of YaCy
Add it right now!

any suitable alternative has to be subscription or purchase based, this is the only way i can trust something.

the true evil today is services pretending to be free - they will find a way to make money off of you, usually through selling information. if a service costs money, i can be more at ease because i'll know how they operate and what their business model is, so they won't need to resort to jewish sorcery to validate their business.

So onto the question: is there a subscription based web browser/search engine?

Does Yacy actually work well these days?
I liked the idea of it back then but absolutely no one was using it at the time so you never actually found anything.

Dont use Chrome or Chromium. Incognito does fuck all to save you from getting googles cock up your ass.

I do not feel that I am getting enough back from Google for them datamining me. They could at least pay for my cellphone or pay for my cellphone subscription. Damn it, free services are not enough!

Voice recognition?

anyone?

No there is no good open source translator at all.

You can make it work as a web scrapper so of course you got it to work, but yeah, the database is growing.

Three things here

1. "Free" things always cost something. Just switching to another won't fix things as it either cost you something else (possible something more valuable, or maybe just real money). Or has a parasitic structural relationship that will destroy the internet as we know it. (remember severs cost money to run)
*remember when Apple rerouted all of their Safari Google search results? :^)

2. You have no idea how large and structural this business model is. The overhaul involved in fixing this is mindbogglingly massive. So any FIX needs to be critically disruptive, and sustainable.
"You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."-Buckminster Fuller

3. Google and others don't get me at all. I have an abnormal internet presence. For years I avoided anything that would take my data, and it worked surprisingly well. But it got to the point I just gave up, however things didn't workout like I thought. The ads and things I now get make no sense. I have even filled out ad surveys to help me find a neat Christmas present to buy myself (as I couldn't think of anything) and these marketing bots had no clue how to sell me stuff. I think I am just too much of an outlier, but the system just don't affect me like it does everyone else. So it kind of a non issue for me personally, despite how scary it is on a larger civilization level.

How do you figure out how many accounts you have on gmail so you can change the email account assosciated with them to your non botnet account?

or should I just delete the accounts to further hide from the botnet?

it doesn't affect you now maybe,but the system still has your data so anyone who has access to it right now can abuse it for identity theft,fraud,blackmail etc etc

and maybe in 10 years when algorithms have improved they will be able to use all the data they have collected,from you and everyone else to pinpoint exactly who you are and exploit you for it

shit they may even exploit any children you have,by connecting the data they have on you on the small data they have on your son/daughter and then by using genetic research they have from 23 and me they will be able to literally influence your children from birth till their death

avoid the botnet user

Bing is better for Japanese

I forget what it's called but if you look up translations for Latin there is a website that isnt gtranslate

just get a dictionary and a grammar book

Look to recover your account. If it's recent where Google required phone numbers, you can find them through that.

Use Brave.

Use Syncthing, it works great

Will try this

Good luck finding anything, anything at all.

The heck is that pic?

A video

Yacy doesn't launch at all for me on arch so yeah...

Reminder that you must block all alphabet, microsoft, apple, and intel ip addressses in your firewall

Of what?
Don't tell me some shit like pixels.

I've been trying to limit my information to Microsoft only, but it's really not enough.

There is also the issue is that there is not a single smartphone out there that is not botnet and has long-term Whatsapp support so I can communicate with normies (I already don't have a Facebook)

A game

>Google Drive
Nextcloud.
>Google Calendar
Nextcloud.
>Google Mail
Host it yourself with Mail-in-a-box.
>Google Docs
Edit files locally with LibreOffice, and sync between devices with Nextcloud if necessary.
>Google Search
Use a better search engine like DuckDuckGo, StartPage, or Searx.

Is there anything else people need from Google?

YouTube
Android for using WhatsApp (and Whatsapp is botnet itself anyways)
Google Analytics is on almost every website
Voice Recognition meme maybe

get syncthing on all your devices and have them all sync your music folder you get new music on any device and it'll be sent to all of them

shiterusawako what's the first character and what's your trip mean desu

Hooktube
Force people to use something else
UMatrix
Voice recognition is garbage and a gimmic anyway

t. google

HOLY SHIT, SAUCE ON THAT GIF PLEASE

>Hooktube

Not the guy you're responding to, but without any simple way to track updates from chosen channels it loses most of its appeal to me.

There's not enough time in the day for me to visit every single channel I'm subscribed to individually on a regular basis to copy/paste their latest video URLs. I can't even remember most channels I'm subscribed to from the top of my head, and even if I made a list it would waste a hell of a lot of time because a lot of interesting channels don't upload often.

In theory perhaps it's possible to script a feed based off channel urls without requiring subscription or even an account, but I'm not aware of any. If anyone knows of any, please let me know.

the only thing i cant give up is youtube

i dont even use it that much. mostly for educational vids

> without any simple way to track updates from chosen channels
What is RSS?
www youtube com feeds/videos.xml?user=username
also works for playlist_id

God we need a sauce OP.

but i like the botnet

Search for Liru ( the one in the gif). It's a game or something.

>gmail
iCloud mail for critical services + my self-hosted read-only catch all email system for everything else

>Gcal
Apple Calendar

>gchat
iMessage

>google docs
Apple pages / iCloud apps

>google drive
iCloud drive, although I'm currently looking into self hosted options. I have a dropbox acct that I don't use and also looking to get rid of

>Android
iOS

>google search
No workable replacement yet

>youtube
Love youtube

Apple is bretty good. You can trust a company that would release a whitepaper like this:

images.apple.com/euro/privacy/d/generic/docs/iOS_Security_Guide.pdf

OP is a fag, so look up "with the wolf girl" and you'll get results.

i fucking hate the brush

Thank you so much

And with the next update the phone will be so slow that virus can't even download properly!

replicant.us/
puri.sm/shop/librem-5/

>shilling for apple in a opsec thread

seconded

Mega is probably the best cloud storage option right now.
50GB free upload, and you can be guaranteed that your data is secure because Mega is only allowed to exist under the conditions that not even the server has access to the unencrypted data.

It means that you can upload copyrighted content to Mega, and Mega isn't obliged to remove it because from a legal standpoint it's just random data that so happens to become copyrighted content if a key is provided.

this entire website only exists to force google captcha completion

don't forget to install AdNauseam.

i want to fug liru

Gmail?
>Protonmail

Google Search?
>DuckDuckGo

Android?
>iOS

>not using the benefits of the best botnet
Posted from my Chromebook

>Mail