Pocket laptop

Pocket laptop.

What kind of pocket laptop would you guys recommend for running tails or kali linux.

Interested

Yes, if you happen to know anything regarding this please share the info.

What's the one in your picture and is there anything wrong with it? The one with Ubuntu of course.

Not OP but that's a GPD Pocket

a better deal is the the very recently released GPD Win 2

GPD win i believe. Not worth it at all. Wait for the second generation.

OP here
Yup, you are right bros. These are not worth the money. And the keyboard layout is absolute shit. Am just looking for something compatible and can run kali, black arch and tails ( not all at once tho).

I'm still waiting for the Pyra. I know it isn't as expensive, but the up gradable soc, better overall design in terms of self-fixing and the community around it makes me want to wait for it. But the GPD pocket really was tempting me.

Thanks brother.

Im holding out on the 2nd revision of the GPD pocket. Theres so many tiny things it did wrong(keyboard layout, no SD expansion, no webcam[i dont care about it, but at $500, it should have one])

I figure if they ever manage to put a i3 in it, and possibly thunberbolt, it would be sufficient to be a dedicated machine. Pair it with a midrange external gpu(just something like a 1030, to run a few low spec games) and you're set for home use.

I was thinking the same actually. They could even put a mini version of ryzen APU with low TDP and voltage (was announced on CES 2018 BTW) . That would be rad.

Thinkpad my boi

If you're using Kali you're a retard that can't install your own tools and have no business trying to become "le ebin black hat"

>GPD Pocket Ubuntu Edition
>7inch 1920x1200 IPS
>and other good specs
Wow, it looks awesome. price?

inch 1920x1200 IPS
How that good for such a tiny fucking screen that you're going to be looking from a distance only slightly than the distance that you usually view your 4 times as large laptop display?

Pretty sure the Pyra is going to use an extremely locked down closed source piece of shit GPU called PowerVR. So fuck that thing

>external GPU for MUH VIDEOGAYME for a device that was never intended to be anything else that an elaborate e-mail machine.
i want Sup Forumseddit to leave

Huh? my 4 year old phone has a 5inch 1920x1080 display. Im sorry that youre a blind retard

>not just buying a bluetooth keyboard for your note8

You're not only stupid but apparently failed reading comprehension too.

The viewing distance of you looking at your chink goytoy is far lesser than the viewing distance of a laptop you type on.
This resolution does not make any sense whatsoever in this device.

let me spell this out for you:
higher resolution is better than lower resolution.
this remains true on a 7inch netbook
you know what would be better than a 1920x1200 7" display? a 2560x1600 7" display
if you disagree, you must have extremely poor eyesight. sorry about that, but dont ruin things for the rest of us

Just get an XPS13 or macbook or macbook air 11, they are small enough

Yeah let's just completely ignore the fact that hidpi scaling support on anything that isn't macOS (which you're not going to fucking use it anyway) and Gnome is shit all across the board.
Who cares about text legibility when I can watch capeshit in HD on the go amirite