Thinking of getting one of these for taking notes during classes

Thinking of getting one of these for taking notes during classes.

Good or not? Any recommendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

remarkable.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I recommend one of this

Get a Surface and the pen. You'll love having a non-mobile OS for notes
Sent from my Surface

Nah, tired of having millions of notebooks.

I agree. I'd love a Surface Pro with Windows, but it's a bit expensive.

I picked up a refurbished Surface 3 not too long ago for under $300 all fees included. The accessories were expensive but you can live without the keyboard and pick up the previous generation pens for a good price. Also, the older models (Non-RT) can be found for a good price if you want to search third party. May not be the prettiest but still viable machines today.

It's hard to say what would be good as far as note taking would go, but I own the Lenovo Tab 4 10 (not the plus one), and it works great for me.

I wish I could put a different, less bloated OS on it, but Droid ain't half bad once you disable all the bloatware.

Samsung Chromebook plus, you can run android apps on it and it has a pen

Where'd you get it?

You take notes with it? Using a stylus?

That is what I ultimately want.

No I have particular software that I prefer to run through it than my phone. That's why I said I couldn't speak as to its note taking capabilities, but I can at least say that it's a solid, well working tablet with a decent battery for a fantastic price (~180). That's not the plus model, though. However, as it goes to simply taking notes, going for the cheaper model would probably be better for you. It has a slower CPU, but that also gives it an overall battery life, and I don't see your note taking use requiring much more. I think the plus model also has better WiFi and LTE capabilities, but it doesn't sound like you'd need it.

Every other computing is not computing.

I picked mine up from the Microsoft store

I recommend one of this

Trips don't lie.

My IQ went up by 30 points as soon as I bought and put to use my first legal pad. Now my 110 IQ blows my professors away!

Make sure to use a quality Fountain Pen to improve your writing experience!
Joking aside, I actually use these with fountain pens for college classes, feels pretty good.

Take notes with pen paper, please. I tried typing once, and I was more focused on typing than listening.

The uni-ball Vision rollerball pens are my personal favorite.

I have a Galaxy Tab A 9.7" with pen. The pen is brilliant, better than anything fapple can offer, while not as good as the ones of microsoft surface.

Can pen fags vouch for Lamy?

It runs android and it's a tablet so it's sir and a waste of monero.

Geriatric boomers always making a stink because people use superior note taking strategies now and actually pass their classes

I wish I could rationalize buying one of these

What is that?

Henlo. I exclusively used a laptop for note taking for about three years. Just want to point out that disabling touch helps a lot to reduce headaches while trying to write. Only time touch ever worked well concurrently with pen input was on old drivers from a few years back where touch would be automatically disabled when the pen was used to write on the screen, and automatically re-enabled if you double tapped the screen with a finger. Very slick, but unless things have changed since then you will now have to disable the driver instead. This helps prevent the cursor from jumping around, accidental "pen" input, and mistaken window closings. Fun!
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

A $700 13.3" E-Ink Reader/Note Taking tablet.

Sorta. Nibs are kinda large/inconsistent compared to Japanese shit in the same price range. My safari feels a lot more scratchy than my metropolitan. For babbys first I'd lean a little toward the pilot

>Using a tablet to take notes

Why not a Chromebook famalam? It's made to take notes and shitpost.

I was too. I'll probably get a chinkshit chuwie with a stylus tho, because I only care about using it for mango, watching videos, and the occasional doodle.

I wouldn't recommend them. I feel like they aren't worth it for the price, hear the nibs are scratchy, use proprietary converters. For a starter fountain pen I would go with either a Nemosine Singularity as it comes with a converter, a few cartridges, and comes in a lot of nib sizes, stub nibs included which at the price of around $16 is really good. I have one in fine which flows really well. Or if you want a fountain pen just for around $30, if you are looking at the Lamy Safari, I would recommend getting a TWSBI Eco, as its a piston filler which can hold a lot of ink, and so far I haven't had any issues with mine I got in broad

upvoted

Do you genuinely believe he wants to type notes on a fucking tablet? Hint: it has a touchscreen.

All these years and all that money pissed away on marketing shit phones and whatnot stuff yet no one make an actually AFFORDABLE e-ink device bigger than 6" much less one with decent handwriting capabilities

>metropolitan
how are they? there's a store near by that sells them.

remarkable.com/

$599

but fits everything else

I'm looking into something like this too.
Was thinking of buying a 50$ drawing tablet and use that, since i plan on using it at home
I just don't want all this fucking paper laying around

this or Tab S.

get the yoga tablet then one that has a note pad attachment.

buy this acer chromebook 14

how much do you have to spend i grabbed a thinkpad yoga 460 on ebay for like 650 gbp you can probably grab one of those cheapper though and it comes with a stylus

Get a GPD Pocket

I know it's probably meme tier, but I like the Fisher AG7

Don’t buy an android tablet.

Seriously just don’t. Even if you’re usually an android guy, android tablets are dog shit and lose support after a year.

Get an iPad for 320$ if you’re looking for something cheaper, or an iPad Pro if you want the best.

I have the HD version of this and it's fucking great. It's the most luxurious shitposting experience I've ever had.

I wouldn't recommend it for taking class notes, though, unless you are a fast typist. A tablet with a stylus would be better - one of the Samsungs with a pen is probably the optimum balance of features and price.

>blowing your professors
women in stem jajajajaja puta pendejo

What would you need support for? It still reads books, shows movies etc.

I don’t know, maybe you want to browse the web without fearing unlatched security exploits?

Maybe you want the latest OS features?

>Maybe you want the latest OS features?
No?
Android got even worse with new versions.
>maybe you want to browse the web without fearing unlatched security exploits
Browser is still updated.

>meme pen
this is the real thing

I have a Nexus 9 running a stripped down LineageOS, no gapps, I bought a random stylus, I wear those gloves to stop me from inputting on the screen, and I use this as my daily driver. Got split screen, have a PDF of a textbook, and a writing app or a typing app. I mostly write, and the handwritten shit is vectored, can be exported into PDF and it works great.
Takes time getting adjusted to it to, it was quite slow and annoying in the beginning, but I'm doing fine after 4 months.

The problem is software and actual usability.

I like my yoga book, but for actual note taking I prefer pen and paper

>wear those gloves to stop me from inputting on the screen
The memes are real

Does anyone here own this? Does it send everything you write to their servers? Is it actually any good at all? I kind of want one for class/office work.

>replies with a meme pen
It's shit.

Welp, initially I was hovering, but I write much better with my hand resting on a surface. I got a glove, and shit runs great. I get looks, sure, but I get my shit done in an orderly fashion, everything is digital, and I have it available on demand.

>I got a glove
Wait - just the one glove? You seriously wander around wearing one glove?

Unironically a Thinkpad, because the keyboards on them are brilliant. Even the newer chiclet ones are IMO best in class.

No, I just put it on when I need to write a lot.

I have an 10" iPad Pro, and I'm genuinely surprised how useful the thing is. Sure I can't do things I can do on a desktop, but the thing is great for taking notes and browsing documents.

How can other tablets even compete?

You put on one glove? A singular glove?

Yep.

Jesus Christ dude

I'd love to be able to afford a Sony digital paper and have all my shit on it and just go, but I travel 26km every day and I stand most of the time, I do NOT want to have to carry anything I don't need. Writing on the tablet has been a life saver and this meme half-glove gets the job done.
Sure I got a few "Look at this guy" comments, but I really don't care because it serves its purpose.

>I'd love to be able to afford a Sony digital paper
Maybe if you didn't purchase a single glove you'd be able to afford one

>Maybe if you didn't purchase a single glove
Came with the stylus.

This.
>muh need technology for taking notes
Fucking bullshit. You just want to fuck around on the internet during class and pretend that you're taking notes.

Makes sense why you were able to afford a single glove only, the stylus pumped the price to the sky

Post a picture of your actual hand wearing the glove

I thought u were just memeing but holly shit...

No sir, quite serious and I don't even feel bad about it.
晚安

>let me reference old notes from previous semes-

Oh wait they're at home

I feel like I am less likely to forget stuff that I write down on a paper, vs a PC.
I will wager that on a tablet it will be even worse because of the inefficiency of the input method.

>The absolute state of murrica's education system

Can't speak for note taking, but I've got the 8inch version of that. As a a tablet I'm really enjoying it. Very comfortable to hold, great screen for reading and watching on. Bought it on sale for 150 bongdollars though, I wouldn't have paid the full price (200) for it though. At that price it's only a little more for something with a better screen.

Leaving previous classes notes at home?

Ok buddy.

This, I have the 10.1 with s pen, got it for under $300 def worth it.

soy boy hand desu

>
>I don’t know, maybe you want to browse the web without fearing unlatched security exploits?
using a browser that gets regular updates a few times a month ex. Firefox, Brave, Chrome, Samsung browser etc
>Maybe you want the latest OS features?
what is flashing?

this OP you don't have to worry about apps checking up on your notes because some privacy policy bullshit, just come to class with a regular notepad and a pen to just take notes
also looks good

If you want one to take notes you probably want to make sure there is a keyboard that works with it.

Why? I use it everyday works fine

Probably buy you can get.

110 WPM here.
I still prefer a fucking pen and paper.

This -- Especially if you're already in the Google botnet. Gmail, Calendar, Google Keep, Google Docs. Really everything you need.

Nice trips but mine fell victim to the shouldersurf exploit so I had to dban it.

As a gay man I have all the profcock I want. Fish on suicide watch?

Unironically, get one of these instead.

I have a Samsung Tab A 10.1 inch with the pen.
Shit's convenient.

Then a Glass screen protector for 8 bucks.

i have only seen people diagnosed with mental disabilities use those

I use technology to take notes and I don't fuck around during class. It's very useful. Let people that do fuck around waste their money and fail. Fuck professors that ban technology.

Tbh taking notes on a tablet saves paper

Is there a paper shortage?

>notes on a computer
Absolutely worthless, you are missing 99% of the point by doing this
Just bring pen and paper

>you can live without the keyboard

But why would you want to? The Surface keyboards are so nice.

>The absolute state of murrica's education system

Not having a keyboard is fucking dumb.

I'm buying a lenovo tab 4 10 for my mom, the tab 4 10 plus is 70% more expensive for an upgrade from SD425 to SD625. Not really worth it imo.

>he can't ctrl+f his paper documents

>tablet
>class
Are you fucking stupid?

Buy an X220.

distraction nonsense, you'll never make it

this is beautiful, would purchase.

I'm kind of a doofus about this, but why is it that there's so few options in windows tablets? Some windows equivalent of an ipad or ipad mini form factor, for basic email, communications, note taking, calendaring.

Because Intel is pulling out of that market and they only have ancient CPUs with unmaintained drivers. Atom couldn't complete and is almost dead.