>>64285660

normal compuetrs work with 1 and 0's now rad this shit. sci-hub.hk/https://www.nature.com/articles/35071024

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lattice-based_cryptography
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grover's_algorithm
sci-hub.hk/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Some magic wizardry with qubits that can be 1, 0 or anything in between.

Why the fuck do those look like oversized steampunk props? They can make one atom thin shut in CPUs but they can't size this shit down?

Not really. qubit can be 1, 0 or superposition of either. You can fit 2 bits into 1 qubit.

Quantum computers are faster then normal ASIC's at calculating the PoW puzzle however
>solve puzzle first
>get the reward
>difficulty goes up
>quantum computer now only mines on normal speed
Not worth it

quantum computers are at the same stage of infancy digital computers were 30 years ago

>30 years
More like 45.

I want to know why they can't physically size that shit down. Back then we didn't have machines that could make such tiny things as we have now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lattice-based_cryptography

So long as there are difficult problems that our machines cannot solve, there will be methods of maintaining privacy.

i meant to put 40 but im phoneposting

Probably because they’re focusing on making shit that actually works first

I learned about this in a Cryptos course
A cryptosystem based on the closest vector problem is promising as a way to be quantum resistant

Pretty sure Quantum computers would drop the value of all non Quantum resistant cryptos to 0

You have to go back.

> could someone explain me that all quantum
Not easily, actually.

Quantum computers can compute CERTAIN (not all, like many people seem to parrot) problems faster - many of the conventional problems you want computed will NOT be faster.

Not quite. Take the most widespread thing, AES or other symmetric ciphers in widespread use. Last time I checked the best theoretical speedup from using quantum computers is halving the time it takes to find a key.

Yea, that's like one iteration on moore's conjecture. Not breaking them in a practical sense. Bump your key up from 256 to 257 bits (silly, I know) and it probably compensates if you even feel you NEED compensation.

>Yea, that's like one iteration on moore's conjecture. Not breaking them in a practical sense. Bump your key up from 256 to 257 bits (silly, I know) and it probably compensates if you even feel you NEED compensation.
You got that wrong, it can halve the amount of bits. So an 256-bit keys can be cracked on a quantum computer like a 128-bit key
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grover's_algorithm

>sci-hub.hk/

what the HECK is this site user?

why did I know about this

>Not breaking them in a practical sense. Bump your key up from 256 to 257 bits (silly, I know) and it probably compensates if you even feel you NEED compensation.
You could just use a cascade with two different keys

>to you
Those that can afford to get them first will make bank

Hm. I stand corrected.

Either way, so far it seems like it's not practical to break. Apart from that you apparently need a lot more qbits, gates and so on to actually do this computation than the 128 or 256 or whatever bits the AES key has. I wonder if anyone actually will have them soon in a workable setup.

Basically, some algorithms for decrypting AES, SHA, and RSA run in super exponential time on normal computers. However, some computer scientists starting in the sixties came up with theoretical algorithms that would use the then entirely theoretical quantum computers to solve these problems in polynomial time.

Basically, if quantum computing were to explode suddenly, all current crypto would be worthless because it would be super easy to mine and thus the supply would far exceed the demand. Basically bitcoin and ethereum turn into dogecoin.

HOWEVER, because quantum computing is so far off in the future, and is so highly publicized, it would be trivial for the bitcoin devs to actually change their method of cryptography. In that case, all ASICS will be defunct, and GPU prices go up (until new asics come to market).

> some algorithms for decrypting AES, SHA, and RSA run in super exponential time on normal computers
> some computer scientists starting in the sixties came up with theoretical algorithms that would use the then entirely theoretical quantum computers to solve these problems in polynomial time
Nah, the speedup on most symmetric ciphers is merely quadratic.