Intel creates quantum computing

>intel creates quantum computing
>amd continues making more chips with spectre "feature"

"advanced" microprocessor "development" was a mistake

>quantum computers

i have yet to see one of these things work. do they even exist ? or is it just a meme

It's a meme in the current year. All "quantum computers" are not true quantum computers.

its still a meme

is that just an array of laptop wifi antenna connectors?

>All "quantum computers" are not true quantum computers.
proofs it :&)

Solid gold coax connectors and it's somehow controlled via microwave signals or something

yup lmao jewtel isn't even trying to hide their scams anymore

a fucking meme.
This shit smells like bad branding to sell shit like "cloud", and doesn't seems it will be viable anytime soon for us.

All this money put on this shit should have been put into OS research so we could have something better than what currently exist.

Quantum computers will be useful for specific mathematical tasks, for everything else it will never be good.

>into OS research
People don't want anything without binary backwards compatibility so it's a lost cause

>That sounds like a lot until you realize that many experts believe quantum computers will need at least one million qubits to become useful from a commercial standpoint.

>The superconducting qubit architecture involves loops of superconducting metal that require extremely cold temperatures of about 20 millikelvin (-273 degrees C). One Intel “stretch goal” is to raise those operating temperatures in future systems.

useless

>specific mathematical tasks,
so like a gpu

Intel's going after AMD and Nvidia's attempt to lock in the Many Core Compute market. Intel also has released news on their neuromorphic chip work. Things are about to get spicy.

I'll decide who wins.
- Indigo

From what I understand,they're no better in terms if how powerful the processing is but theyre stupendously (in theory) good at concurrency. Therefore its a necessity for big data algorithms with orders of growth greater than O(N^2) or so. Im not certain though. Definitely the future for really big graphing tasks. Probably not much of a future for it as a regular consumer product.

Google bough prototypes back in 2013 and tested them. They really do work you just need a task they are built to handle

More like genome research, non linear machine learning, and encryption being the first.

They exist. Intel isn't the first one to make one. It's highly impractical to use because it requires a complex cooling mechanism and tons of power to run. They also aren't necessarily better because of the way they work. You're better off combining many cpu like ryzen and just optimize code for it, at least for now. Legit quantum processors won't be decent anytime soon.

can't I simulate physics for muh gayms

You forgot to say it needs to be in extremely low temperatures, as many hundreds of times lower than literal deep space which not even liquid nitrogen does the job they need some weird helium isotope witchcraft for it.

Reminds me of China's military and their "quantum" version of a bunch of things.

With quantum chips, you'll be able to leak all of your data simultaneous.
>not speculatively running all your branches at the same time.

never really understood the practicality of being able to use quantum computing principles reduce the strength of symmetric encryption by half.

Ieven if you could do those calculations so much faster would you not actually have to check if the output from a block is non random e.g. a hit for each possible key.

The amount of memory you need would be insane, but this is probably just my limited understanding of the principle.

Just can't see the theory really be put into practice.

>PhysX btfo

>intel can't make secure products even after 45 years of rehashing the same product
>expect us to believe they can secure a total paradigm shift.

>then next year, huge flaw discovered in quantum chips too because Intel put a coprocessor at the ring -3 level for "security"

Quantum computers aren't general purpose processors you fucking retard bumshit, try learning your shit from a better source than fucking big bang theory.

fuck off

>qublets
when will they ever learn

exactly this. I'd like to think everyone learned from this giant fiasco that intel once again has created. But, no one will, or least not enough people.

all "quantum" processors sold commercially simulate qubits in silicon

>please ignore that spectre was amd's fault