Is this upgrade worth it?

I heard they fixed the root/password retarded issue so that part dosent put me off anymore.

Regardless another fucking security problem appears with meltdown and spectre.

Is there any reason to stick with Sierra versus this?

They patched the Intel bugs in 13.2

I hear the Metal 2 based WM was a steaming pile of buggy shit, but I dunno if they have fixed it yet. HS sounds like Mavericks in terms of everything getting broken. I'm still on El Capitan as it has been very stable for me. I would wait till 10.14 if Sierra is working fine for you.

>fagOS

>tfw still using Mountain Lion on my 2011 MBP and still going strong

Yes, it is rather bad.

You could also do the same with APFS encrypted volumes at one point, too.

>any reason to stick with Sierra
It works and is still getting security updates.

>Mountain Lion
Last security update was in 2015...

That's not even true (anymore)

*blocks your path*

oh shit! someone with physical access to my machine can turn off automatic update checking for my apps! fuck! whatever shall I do?

never mind that if someone has physical access to your machine, you're fucked anyway. that may not excuse applel fucking up and making their job easier, but once someone has physical access to your machine and the desire to get at your data, it's just a matter of time.

A mactoddler has defended this.

>reading comprehension
the absolute state of Sup Forums

lmao wtf

The brief history of High sierra updates according to my understanding and short memory
>Bug allows login as root without password
>Patch causes network issues
>Patch for network issues undoes the root login patch
>???
>Meltdown & Spectre come along
>Patch reintroduces one of the earlier issues
yakety-sax.alac

Other than docker constantly crashing, it works fine for me

> Boss is a huge macfag
> Wants me to back up his 128gb iPhone 7S into his 128gb macbook air
> Try to explain to him several times why backing up a phone with over 20k images won't fit on the macbook
> "What if I delete some pictures"
> Yeah, that would work, probably
> "Ok I deleted like 100 pictures, can you do it now"
I just want to find a nice bridge and jump off of it
It took three fucking days before he finally agreed to my original idea and use one of the work computers with a 1tb drive

Why not just dump it all to the company file server?

Runs Linux and I have no fucking clue nor the desire to find out how I can make an iTunes backup on Linux
I used one of the sales reps computers since they have a 1tb file and use it only for word and excel.

>but once someone has physical access to your machine
... it's no longer your machine. If he can't get access then it's less of a problem. Remember when the original IBM PCs came with key-locks on their cases and power switches?
That's why REMOTE EXPLOITS rae so much of a problem.

I dont think hed like it if he knew one of his ungrateful employees was talking shit about him on a chinese imageboard...watch out kid

fight me irl faggot

>After like a decade ZFS has no true contender.
>Even BTRFS is sputtering
It wasn't supposed to end like this.

/thread

>it's no longer your machine

Exactly. Like I said, it doesn't excuse apple's sloppiness at all, but once they've got physical access it really doesn't matter what OS you're running or who made your computer. It's done for.

I just set up a new hackintosh. Tried to use High Sierra but Clover just refused to see the installer. Oh well. Sierra is fine for my needs.

>keeping password in plain text
>keeping password in memory

Also, the bug isn't in Sierra. I'm using Sierra too, fellow Hackintosher.

>fagintosh

Sure thing buddy.

>AMD hackintosh
How much trouble was that? Was it worth it?

How will mactoddlers EVER recover?

At first it was very troublesome. It took me days being clueless, watching YouTube videos, making mistakes, and eventually I was able to install it with the help of a well known AMD hackintosher. By default, clover boot loader doesn't support ADFS, so you have to disable it from converting in the installer terminal. When you install Mac OS, it will convert Mac OS Journaled to ADFS, but if you disable it in the terminal, it will not convert. This only applies to Mac OS High Sierra. Sierra doesn't convert to ADFS. After that, I was able to boot into the desktop and install Clover. I then installed the Nvidia drivers for my version of Mac OS and build number, but when I would reboot it would default back to the Mac OS drivers. I found out that I needed to install EmuVariableUEFI as my motherboard needed it and when I did that, my computer wouldn't boot into Mac OS. I had to go back into the installers terminal and delete the Nvidia web kext. After that I would be able to boot with no graphics drivers. Eventually, I found out that I needed to use HDMI instead of VGA/DVI-I, after trial and error. After that I was able to boot with Nvidia drivers installed. Once I had all the proper kext placed in the EFI/EFI/clover/kext/other/ folder I was able to boot fine. I was told to update and run the post install script in the installer terminal, and I was able to update High Sierra, however, I had to update the graphics drivers, but when I did that, I couldn't boot into Mac OS. The person helping me for 2 days told me to switch to Sierra as it was less buggy and he uses it as his daily driver and it worked perfectly for me. I was able to update it and everything works. Graphics, network, power, sound, iMessage, Appstore, Siri, updating (followed by install script), etc. and it works flawlessly. It took me a few days to do, but I'm newish to Hackintosh. Now I know how to do it and I hope to help others achieve it by not making the same mistakes as me.