W-what now?

w-what now?

Other urls found in this thread:

mobile-stream.com/easytether/drivers.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Install it again.

Now install it for real and not on a virtual machine.

Install it for real

Get a username

use a better screenshot tool that doesn't fuck up in rectangle mode

there's ridiculous screen tearing. I'm going to try to set up a vsync-enabled compositor.

Install gentoo

Replace it with funtoo

This was actually a CloverOS install.

So I guess the next step really is install it again (but for real).

me too user
i want to install it for real on my t430 but at the moment i'm reliant on some usb tether app for internet access that only has debian and fedora packages

What's stopping you from extracting that to /usr/local or making an ebuild that extracts the rpm / deb? Too many dependencies?

well I don't have any ethernet, so it'd have to be available before i've even started installing, and it's closed source so i'm not sure whether there's any network config I have to set up or make available that gentoo doesn't have by default, or if it's just sort of a low level standalone thing. on debian it shows as not connected to wifi or ethernet when i'm using it so i'm leaning towards the latter, still too lazy to go shuffling between laptops again as i've only just gotten debian set up properly

Maybe you should get a laptop that isn't shit.

it's not the fault of the hardware i just don't have ethernet or wifi available to me for the time being

Have you tried wrapping yourself in foil to absorb the microwaves and become your own Internet?

what's the name of the tether app? also do you use it to tether with an android or iOS phone?

easytether on android
mobile-stream.com/easytether/drivers.html
this is the page for the linux PC-side program

looks like it requires systemd so i couldn't run it anyways unless i wanted to deal with that

looks simple enough, there is even an alpine package. just add it to a remastered arch boot iso or any other liveiso or download it to a second usb stick and run it from the live media

When would one need an app to usb tether?
Legit question. I've never used it but I tried it on my phone and I just needed to switch USB tether on settings and it just worked.

Use Arch then. The ABS can natively install Fedora and Debian packages as if they were Arch packages.

Install it on real hardware.

when you are an american and buy a cheap AT&T prepaid where the carrier has disabled the option to tether and locked the bootloader so you can't root
it's extremely retarded especially when i pay for """""unlimited""""" data (which they throttle to 350KBps down after you've reached 22GB, and isn't much faster before then)

I'm fine with debian for the time being, I will just postpone switching to gentoo until I finish moving and buying ISP service and thus can just use ethernet like a normal person

You can install gentoo straight from your debian as long as you can make a partition for it. No need to boot into any installation medium, just follow the general guideline of the handbook

move to the next step and install lfs

What terminal font is that?

Luxi Mono with pixelsize=14