Is there a single digital 'x' to analog VGA converter in existence that can do over 1920x1080 and over 60hz...

Is there a single digital 'x' to analog VGA converter in existence that can do over 1920x1080 and over 60hz? I would pay virtually any price for such an item. Everything I've tried so far gives a distorted wavy image which is unacceptable.

Other urls found in this thread:

delock.de/produkte/N_62967/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en
hardforum.com/threads/24-widescreen-crt-fw900-from-ebay-arrived-comments.952788/page-376
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector
ebay.com/itm/Delock-62967-0-2m-DisplayPort-VGA-D-Sub-Black-video-cable-adapter-62967/391959843942?epid=27006803062&hash=item5b42a09466:g:w84AAOSw8W5aV586
grooves-inc.com/delock-delock-62967-displayport-vga-sub-black-video-cable-adapter-delock-adapter-cable-pZZa1-2097981290.html?language=en¤cy=USD&utm_source=froogle_us&utm_campaign=froogle_us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4rHquaPU2AIVRwaGCh0CvwxtEAkYASABEgKwk_D_BwE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a limitation of the VGA connector, you idiot, why would pushing more stuff through the connector change anything?

Also, nice bait.

Sorry @n0n no such cable exists. Maybe upgrade your monitor?

this desu, the VGA can't handle it

>limitation of the VGA connector
it literally isn't though

No good monitor on the planet supports only VGA. Get a new one.

You're right; it's a limitation of external digital to analog video converters in general, which all produce garbage signals because the last good converter chips were discontinued many years ago except for at the professional end.

>using adapters
Get the right cable. Get the right monitor.

i'm guessing OP is trying to use a new, vga-less graphics card with a nice high end 1600x1200 or higher CRT monitor
since that's about the only situation this makes sense

VGA is an analog cable, you can pass anything you want through it, there were monster 2048x1536 CRTs back in the day. The only limitation was whether the display could handle that resolution (and to a smaller extent if the cable was good enough quality to transfer it without interference).

Most digital to VGA converters top out at HD quality because they are cheap Chinese made clone circuitries that can't handle higher than 1080p digital input due to the circuitry they use. Possibly a limitation in the pixel dot clock.
If you can get higher resolution than you are already using a better set, I couldn't get 1920x1200 through the cheap converter I have, despite trying it with two monitors that are confirmed to handle that mode (one lcd, one crt).

The highest quality digital to vga converter I know of is the HD Fury Nano GX, which costs $100 but supposedly can do 1600×1200/100Hz or 1920×1440/60Hz according to their product page.

In that case he should be going from DVI-I to VGA.

like i said, a lot of new graphics card only have DVI-D/HDMI/DP
personally i have an HD7850, which does have DVI-I, and i have a pin adapter from DVI-A to VGA, which i use to connect it to a CRT television
something like this could be an option for op if such a card is powerful enough to run what he wants to run

I'm not OP, and I wanted to let you know that he's not baiting or going off the deep end.

Old top-end CRTs had max pixel clocks beyond 1080p60. E.g., 1600x1200@100Hz was not unheard of.

So if you have one of these old CRTs, no decent GPU made in the last 3 or 4 years has a VGA or even DVI-I (analog supporting) output, and none of the dongles with RAMDACs with enough bandwidth, so you're kinda fucked.

Though I thought I heard a rumor a year or so ago about some company putting out a high end part to do this, so maybe you'll be in luck, OP.

Nah, while it is technically possible, most are cheap Chinese shit and only have ~300 Mc DACs

>HD Fury Nano GX, which costs $100 but supposedly can do 1600×1200/100Hz or 1920×1440/60Hz according to their product page.

the page does say that, but it also says it has 3x 165 MHz DACs, while 1600x1200@100Hz should require something along the lines of 200MHz DACs (or 600 MHz in the old parlance of summing each RGB channel).

> except for at the professional end.
Therein lies the rub, OP wants a no-expense spared part.
This includes tv and production gear.

I still came up trumps though.

iirc Kepler is the last from nVidia and Tahiti is the last (highend) from AMD.
Maxwell and Hawaii killed VGA on the highend.

I'm looking for a garden hose I can attach to a fire truck. I would pay virtually any price for such an item.

that's a poor example, considering the display op is using is natively VGA
he's not doing anything it wasn't meant to do
the problem is that high end gpus don't provide vga anymore, and there's a lack of high end adapters to suit late high end crt monitors

>crt monitor
an active adapter will add delay so the only meme advantage of that is void too

Except for the almost infinite contrast in a dark room...

>what are colours and contrast
pro mastering studious are still holding on to their CRT's because no lcd can even begin to compare.

don't the actually use good IPS? i'd rather have crispiness over possibly better colors. plus there are oled monitors
open the curtain neet

and the fact they don't suffer from any light bleed, dead pixels, shit viewing angels, or any other of the numerous, endless problems that plague lcds. But who cares about any of that right?

>IPS
>Contrast
Hahahahhahahhahahahaha.
ahhahhahhahhaha.

Good one user, I needed a laff.

>That's a limitation of the VGA connector, you idiot, why would pushing more stuff through the connector change anything?

vga is can only do 720p at an ok level, anything higher is a mess.

a good ips won't have any of that...

I run my CRT at 2048x1536 at 85Hz from my 980Ti

My adapter outputs 1200p easy VGA can go way higher than that

I'm actually using a professionally calibrated $1200 IPS right next to my CRT right now and I can tell you, yes, the IPS STILL has poor viewing angles, and poor contrast comparatively. I'm not even just nit picking here, it's blatantly obvious.

Yes they will.
Light bleed is inescapable until Panasonic finally release their new bonded IPS panels (which will require some fucking hefty backlighting)
IPS has the best viewing angles of all LCD types and it's still shit - that is the nature of polarizing film.
They also have terrible motion and still incredibly slow B to W response times (worse than 8ms still)

here you go, OP:
> delock.de/produkte/N_62967/merkmale.html?setLanguage=en

some [H]F nigger basically worked with them to get it made:
> hardforum.com/threads/24-widescreen-crt-fw900-from-ebay-arrived-comments.952788/page-376

DVI-D is cancer, there's no reason not to always use DVI-I.

There's no reason to use DVI any more anyway.

>There's no reason to use DVI any more anyway.
One connector for both analog and digital video, not to mention the millions of DVI monitors in existence.

Living in the past.

No, there presently are millions of DVI monitors.

that probably also have HDMI and/or Displayport.
both of which are better options if available.

I'll suck your dick if this thing works.

The number of people who still have decent CRTs is vanishingly small, and DP is strictly better than DVI-D, so people need to start letting go.

Even the number of decent DL DVI monitors in the wild is shrinking to zero.

I've seen quite a few DVI monitors with neither HDMI nor DP. And let's not forget about analog monitors that DVI-I also supports

>DP is strictly better than DVI-D, so people need to start letting go
If only you could have more than one video out port on a GPU.

the problem is that DVI ports either take up the space of almost two HDMI/DP/miniDP ports on the first PCIe slot cover or chew up almost half the vent capacity on the second cover.

Man, if only you could daisy chain DP.

> daisy chaining magically doesn't reduce GPU port bandwidth
> DP MST switches are free
> nobody owns anything but 1280x1024 monitors with shit tier bandwidth requirements

Not through vga you dont

Man, if only there could be multiple GPU models, maybe some with DVI and DP and some with more DP.

Yeah, I do. It works. Look up your shit.

try it and make a post if it works for you.

I have an old Iiyama Visionmaster Pro 510 in storage (130 kHz h-sync, 160 Hz v-syn, 360 MHz bw = 1600x1200@100Hz) that I might pull out again if it does.

Wont waste my time because i know the vga spec

Will do, just ordered it so it says it should be here at the end of Janurary

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VGA_connector
>The same VGA cable can be used with a variety of supported VGA resolutions, ranging from 640×350px @70 Hz (24 MHz of signal bandwidth) to 1280×1024px (SXGA) @85 Hz (160 MHz) and up to 2048×1536px (QXGA) @85 Hz (388 MHz)

The original spec doesn't provision it, but SVGA does.

You just got cunningham law'ed my dude.

oh no, what ever will I do?

I dont think you understand what it means

from where and for how much?
only listing on google for me looked far too good to be true.

ebay.com/itm/Delock-62967-0-2m-DisplayPort-VGA-D-Sub-Black-video-cable-adapter-62967/391959843942?epid=27006803062&hash=item5b42a09466:g:w84AAOSw8W5aV586

It's that, only 1 left it seems

I was actually seeing it here for only $20, which seemed just nuts:
> grooves-inc.com/delock-delock-62967-displayport-vga-sub-black-video-cable-adapter-delock-adapter-cable-pZZa1-2097981290.html?language=en¤cy=USD&utm_source=froogle_us&utm_campaign=froogle_us&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI4rHquaPU2AIVRwaGCh0CvwxtEAkYASABEgKwk_D_BwE

I guess you could try, just see what the return policy is