/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

The smiley with a carat nose edition

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7
google.com/search?q=what do i use my raspberry pi for
github.com/Floens/Clover/wiki/Building-Clover
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Technologically speaking, is it possible to become 2D?

How do people pick up expiring domains without auctions and ridiculous resellers pricing it for hundredss if not more? I hear people are able to pick them up but My experience involves being cockblocked by the auto renew or a domain reseller

Yes, I know the perfect place to flatten trash like you.

my little brother wants me to get him a videogame, so i checked piratebay but it's sparse in its vg uploads
are there any other vg resources?

What media player is as good as or better than VLC?

I'm really disliking VLC lately because I can't click the screen to pause or no button to switch to next video or can't have webm thumbnails.

Not MPV though. It feels like a half-baked player. I don't want to have to edit text files just to get the video to repeat.

skidrowreloaded, nosteam.
if you want fast download speeds use turkdown.com, google translate the website, sign in, follow instructions and click through the ads. it's worth it.

mpc-hc is popular but is no longer being developed

Yeah that was my previous player but since its abandonware I needed to switch to VLC

>forget google password
>would you like to try another way to sign in? well will send verification code via sms :^)
>get code
>doesn't tell you where to enter it
>google how to use it
>all results say it's for two step verification and you have to enter it AFTER you enter your password

kickass dot cd

ok
i'm just checking out skidrow since it seems to be the most straightforward to use
there's no magnet link, only torrent?

this just seems to be a less functional piratebay
same content except with a broken layout
i'm clicking the comments button and nothing happens

What is the point of an audio interface?

What AI would you recommend?

????? Anyone

...why?
You miiight consider switching a year or two down the line when VLC adds some new feature or support for a newly-created format that MPC will never get. But if current-VLC is worse than current-MPC, stick with MPC.

is working on my side, also check
fitgirl-repacks dot site

because MPC can't handle newer filetypes 100% sometimes webms and mp4s are corrupted yet VLC can play them. also it doesn't feel as native on windows 10

umatrix seems to be blocking the comments on fitgirl, that's the only issue with it
the domain "referrer dot disqus dot com" is blacklisted

Buying some case fans soon. At effectively identical prices, who's more trustworthy, Amazon or Newegg? Both are pretty solid obviously, but which one packages stuff better so it comes in one piece, and doesn't fuck me over on returns in the case it doesn't?

Amazon has much better return policies than Newegg

i need something to edit videos with so i can whip up some halfassed memes to sate my autism

avisynth and ffmpeg
if your editing isn't entirely done on the command line or in a text editor, you're a filthy casual

Is it bad to drink coffee when I have the flu?

Got this headache that won't go away so I'm kinda tempted.

is it possible to download apps on ios11 without creating an apple id?

google's account recovery system is so retarded it is actually mind boggling

I don't think so.

Though I've never really owned an iPhone and only occasionally helped friends/relatives troubleshoot on them so I could be wrong.

How much CPU usage will be reduced if i got a GTX 1050Ti to play 4K VP9 content?

What is the difference between windows 10 ltsb and windows 10 ltsb n

Amazon it is, then. Thanks mate.

i drink coffee when i have the flu all the time just usually less than normal. for instance if i typically drink 20 fl oz. of coffee a day, i will drink 10 fl. oz of coffee a day when i am sick.

maybe its broscience but i feel like avoiding caffeine entirely would just upset your body and make recovery more difficult. in my uneducated opinion its fine to give your body its caffeine fix but dont drink an excessive amount. just drink lots of water.

I recently built a computer and I'm running it on windows 7 because my build has an R5 1600 and it was very easy to boot it up with this
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

However, I'm starting to realize I don't like w7.
How hard is it to switch to a linux OS?
Are compatibility issues with vidya and programs (such as adobe premiere) a real thing or just memes to scare away novices?
Where should I go to start looking at which linux OS suits me best and how to switch to it?

>Are compatibility issues with vidya and programs (such as adobe premiere) a real thing
Yes. In many cases, it can be worked around, but that ranges from minor nuisance to major pain in the ass depending on the program. If you're comfortable installing an OS on your own, though, I'd say give it a shot. Back up your shit and switch over to Linux full-time for a bit. See if you can get your stuff working to a satisfactory level. If it doesn't pan out, no big deal, just install a fresh copy of W7 and you're back in business.
>Where should I go to start looking at which linux OS suits me best and how to switch to it?
Personally, I like Manjaro. Other than that, Xubuntu is a solid choice.

All versions of windows have a european "N" edition. They're just like their normal counterparts except that they cut out a couple minor things to comply with european anti-competitive law. Main thing is no media player.

What else besides a spoofed User Agent field do I need to wget off of nhentai.net? I know that the image serving domain i.nhentai.net isn't blocked off entirely as I can get to the image directly in browser, but using the same UA as my browser through wget, I still get the 403 forbidden error, telling me it's checking for something else as well.

What would that be?

>just drink lots of water.
Best advice you will ever recieve from anyone on this website ever

install gentoo
But seriously, if you can work with computers at all you could install arch.

What's rufus equivalent on Linux that's not dd?

So I'm thinking my ssd just failed (it won't boot anymore although it is being detected by my bios however windows doesn't detect it in disc management or when I try to reformat it)

Now I've checked the health of this hard drive, give it to me straight. How fucked am I? Can I do something or is replacement soon the only answer?

Well, I haven't really installed OS's on my own before besides the one I just did, and that was basically baby-mode, I just let the rufus program set up my USB and then it did its work as soon as I left the BIOS. I suppose I can try though, I've got my stuff still backed up on my old computer.

I do well with computers usually, but I've never done anything outside of windows in the past, and the most I've ever done computer-wise is html and javascript. Looking at linux now, everything seems a bit overwhelming.

Why does Sup Forums X/StyleChan keep messing up like this sometimes if I load the page? I'm using FF Quantum.

Dat uncorrectable is pretty bad. I'd check your warentee and see what's covered.

should I be worried?

obviously

what should I do I don't want to reinstall windows 10 again and I can't install windows 7 because it's kabylel

My CPU is quite weak so my best option for streaming is using the videocard with the Shadowplay/Share streaming thing.

But this doesnt give me nearly enough options for streaming
Is there any way of using my videocard for streaming without having to use shitty geforce experience?

check if windows defender is scanning

nope

What is bitcoin mining?

Where does the money come from?

I got really high on amphetamines and started thinking bitcoin miners are secretly a covert method of ai deep learning run by google and apple the most evil corporations known to man and thats why its getting more and more difficult to mine bitcoin. Probably not 100% accurate but the question still stands.

>Where does the money come from?
Nowhere, it's an illusion. Bitcoins only have value because people think they have value. Kind of like USD, except it isn't even backed by a state.

Most bitcoin mining software is open source, so you can look at that if you really need to know. The gist of it is that it solves complex hashing problems (not really anything malicious there).

Ideally, Bitcoin IS the money, but we know that isn't really true. The only value bitcoin has comes from people who buy into it thinking the value will only go up. Pretty much everyone gave up on the idea of Bitcoin as currency last year, and it still upsets me.

>Probably not 100% accurate
You are too high. It is difficult to mine because it is supposed to be. Mining doesn't "create" the coins, they are produced as a reward for being a node for the blockchain. The mining workload is designed to reward less per unit of workload as the overall network has more work done in it. The point is that no one person can be a disproportionately large part of the network, so they can't take over it.

The value of the coins is whatever people can get from them, the same as with any currency. If tomorrow everyone decided bitcoin was worthless, it would be worthless.

yep, the reason "USD$10" is worth what it's worth is because other people consider it so
the reason people accept any form of money is because they're assured they will get the same value from it as you did
it's not like the $10 note itself literally cost $10 to manufacture, it's value is based on other factors, which can change

igg-games is a good one. So is oceanofgames

Where can I get the Office 2016 without signing?

How do i block these from pi-hole?

I want to install w10 to my sister's laptop. Should I go straight installing w10 with kms toolkit or would I be better upgrading from win7 to get permanent license?

Better to have a license. That way you don't have to worry about MS or the KMS people being dicks in the future.

Can I use a headphone splitter to merge 2 incoming signals into one for my speakers?
Wouldn't it potentially cause damage if one of the 2 devices creating audio is turned off, and then gets current in over the audio port from the other device?

Are 40mm fans any good? I'm thinking of buying one to cool the VRM heatsink

forgot to change my DNS, nvm

Is it at all feasible to attempt to repair a broken graphics card, or would one need training in that kind of thing to even have a chance of success?

Shoving them in the oven to "reflow" the joints used to be a thing, and capacitors can be replaced in some cases, so minimal repair attempts can be made

Whenever i start up my computer my stomach usually gets upset and two minutes in i get diarrhea and headaches followed by a really weak feeling, ocassionally i throw up whatever i ate within two hours prior.
When i drink a half liter bottle of vodka under an hour and then boot up the computer i usually don't feel any different from normal but i get a sudden urge to cook a vegetarian meal and repair my broken stove.
Why is it like this?

I can use any version of win7, right? Hope I still got my old installer.

>used to be a thing
Why isn't it still? Does it not work on newer graphics cards?
>capacitors can be replaced in some cases
If I don't see any parts of the card that are obviously burned out, would I just have to replace all the capacitors?

Conditioned yourself to drink vodka when you boot computer

Yes, but you need pro or ultimate if you want win10 to be pro.

pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

If the capacitors have no obvious faults then it's probably not the caps, I'm saying it used to be a thing because my information is a tad dated and I assume modern GPUs are more sensitive than older ones, just google GPU oven reflow, it is absolute last resort though.

what do i use my raspberry pi for?
I already have a server with nextcloud and mail on it.

Any good uses you guys have for it? Pi-Hole?

google.com/search?q=what do i use my raspberry pi for

ah, you're that type of drug user..

how do build clover apk?
github.com/Floens/Clover/wiki/Building-Clover
I got the apk but it crashes the moment I run it

:DD
you forgot lmgtfy.com memeboy

but what does it have to do with the meal and the broken stove when i boot up the computer, i usually dont return back to the computer until several days later with the same results every time and it feels like i'm wasting a lot of time on something that's not progressing anywhere.
I'm a smoker, does it have something to do with the brand of tobacco i smoke?

I have no idea what you're talking about

Most likely it's because when you start drinking, you'll feel nostalgia to your childhood ideals where everything was good.
Your current life is shit.
But you know how to live a life where your ideals can still be followed.
To support this life you need to eat healthy and want to fix what's broken.
While vegetarianism isn't necessarily always healthy, it does ease your mood about the globalised slaughter of animals

Thank you for helping me you are right

What's the difference between all the versions of Raspberry Pi's? I know some have high cpu clock speed, different number of cores, etc, but is there a point in buying the Pi 3 if I just want to run RetroPi on it? Or could I get a different, less expensive, Pi?

Godspeed to you user

bump

probably not, but you're super paranoid, you could place a diode in line

file picker?

how?
Anybody have a link? I don't want KDE, I have gnome/gtk based gentoo

Has there been a price drop because of used intel hardware flooding the market yet? I keep reading that companies might replace all their shit because spectre and meltdown.

Hiro's new malware is incompatible with 4chanx.

Why can power by keyboard be done only through ps/2 and not usb? I thought usb also gets sum voltage when rig is off.

is it worth upgrading my i5 2400 to an i5 2500k for £60?

My Sandisk 128GB micro sdcard snapped inside my tablet.
I just recently bought it a week ago, costed me around 50 europoints.
FUCK that's lots of money.
Can I still claim the warranty?

Somebody please help me getting a better file picker in xubuntu :^)

You need to multiply your RAM speed. E.g. if you have 1600 MHz DDR3 memory, it runs at 800MHz ('Double' Data Rate "scam"/"troll"). So multiply that with something like e.g. 4 to get 3.2 GHz.

Overclocking 101, don't bother with the web 2.0, they don't know jack shit anymore and need Sup Forumssync as compensation in vidya etc.

ayy lmao
u mad?

if 50 europoints is a lot of money to you, don't spend it on electronic toys

It can, Apple Computer Inc. produced lot's of machines with that feature.
Apple Inc. is too imcompetent.

I dont even understand what you're on about. They both use the same RAM.

My gigabyte mobo says only ps/2 allowed, albeit I have not tried usb because I don't have usb keyboard.

My moto g has been running terrible, apps not working properly and crash.

Then I found out hot to clear the cache partition and it's running much better.

Any other less known tips to improve performance on old android phones?

Ok, richfag.
But before I buy another one, can I still return it and get new one for free?

I run my stockspeed 3.3GHz 2500k at 3.2 GHz (sometimes at 4.0GHz because 800MHz * 5=4000MHz) right this moment, as it is faster like that. My RAM is running at 1600MHz (800MHz in reality, hence I explain it using these values, if you have other speeds adjust it accordingly). Try it using videogames or when scrolling up and down on a webpage using middle click slowly and watch out for microlags or microstuttering.
Yes, I am running 100MHz less than stock speed to get an even multiplier and enjoy higher/smoother speeds. Dunia engine in Far Cry series is an example where this behaviour is extreme. At stock speeds it's a shitfest of screen tearing, with 100MHz is buttery smooth.

I will not spoonfeed you at what clocks you need to set your PC. Get a scientific calculator and learn basic computing or buy a laptop.

Long story short: You can get a PC that seems quicker by reducing clockspeeds by a few percent. So maybe try simple maths first.

with 100MHz less* fml

That's all fine and dandy, something I'll look into IF I get it. My only question was is it still worth going from a i5 2400 to an i5 2500k...

If battery performs bad, it's almost always an app being awake when it shouldn't be. Check battery/app stats. Factory reset of phone can solve this.

Yeah, answer yourself by starting to calculate speeds and test results. 2400 can be underclocked.

my 3.5GHz cpu gets a bit iffy past 3.9GHz
would it be worth bringing my ram down to 780MHz (3900/5) instead?