Useful Proof of Works

Any ideas?

I've been trying to think of something that wouldn't be a complete energy waste...

if your crypto doesn't use proof of stake it's shit

similarly, making a new crypto instead of just waiting for ethereum to shift to PoS means you don't actually care about the tech, just an excuse to get rich quick, in which case you can die in a hole

every crypto should either be Ethereum or a token built on top of the Ethereum blockchain for the sake of some service

get out of here Vitalik

Can someone PLEASE explain to me how transactions are verified before they're put into a block???

How does the network know people aren't putting in fake transactions

just ask if dey no de wey

There was Primecoin. I'm not sure if it's still around, though.

you don't have the ability to sign with their private key

The Ethereum CEOs are pro-pedophilia communists who have declared they will alter the Ethereum service to disable its use by anyone committing wrongthink.

I miss the days where Sup Forums was openly into Loli.

I miss the days when this was a guro board.

Eth Shill here, the tech is pretty kewl and Vitalik has achieve more than you ever have
kthxby

Ethereum is the systemd of cryptocurrencies.

I hope it will still use proof of work for 3 more days so that I can complete mining my 0.05 eth and it gets transferred to mah wallet

back to

Bought ETH at $300 and doing pretty well...

good for you, I was considering it, but didn't in the end

There could be something like gridcoin which uses BOINC workloads like Folding@home as the proof of work.

Every node checks every transaction to see if it is valid (signed by the senders private key and only spends money the sender had available). If a miner tries to include invalid transactions in a block he mined, the rest of the network includes nodes and miners, will reject that block and disregard it. Therefore the miner will lose the revenue from that block. So there is an economic incentive to play along with everyone else.

Vitalik my balls bro

Eth feels like a scam and Ark seems to be superior

>Eth feels like a scam

lmao, in what way?

The scammy icos based on it, the scammy games based on it, vitalik my balls holding the vast majority of eth.

>Vitalik my balls
kek

Find big prime numbers

The ethereum language sucks balls

[citation needed]

hah
bought at 5$ & 100$ still hold

just like your mom

That's like saying the internet is a scam in the 90s because there are shitty companies being created around it.

they are not verified before putting into a block, anyone can generate a bogus blockchain, but you need to have enough computation power to keep up with other legit blockchains. once your bogus blockchain falls behind, yours get invalided.

>ark
>superior
HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
*breathes*
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

solidity is only one of the choices, stop being retarded

>muh ethereum
Fucking why? Because it was "there first?" I think that's literally the only thing you're basing your argument on. If something has better tech then it has better tech, period.

the problem is that no other crypto has better tech for what ethereum aims to accomplish

I have two dads.

PoS by itself is a shit. Either use PoW or a combination of PoS/W

>been ignorant about crypto for a long time
>buy some shit in early december for 1000 Euros.
>Cashed out 2k Euros and kept 1k euros invested in certain coins
Jesus Christ, this has been the best thing to happen to me in a long time. My shitty job made me about 600 Euros after taxes. I mindlessly held onto my shitcoins and made triple that in one month. This is fucking amazing.

fuck off

Ok...so someone COULD fake it if they have someones private key... I see...and the only other way for someone to "fake" it would actually be creating a fake transaction from them to someone else, which would be retarded

Thanks guys