AMD or Intel?

yes

Lemote

ZiLOG.

If you want to use your computer, Intel.
If you want to spend all of your waking hours on Sup Forums false-flagging about imaginary shills, AMD.

Neither

t. bluepilled

Man, didn't take the shill long at all to show up

VIA Tech.

Sup Forums is a blue board.

/thread

there are not pills, these are rectal suppositories

Intel if you want to stay warm and comfy during the cold months.
AMD if the Epyc Ryzen Threadrippers make you smile.

shit or shit

like a clockwork

>There are people who think that AMD is some sort of freedom fighter that is looking out for them
wew

Seriously though, who other than a shill would recommend to buy from a company best known for their line of defective processors?

Currently on Intel. I might try AMD for my next build. My brother's Athlon II from 2009 is still kicking in.

I use to be all into Intel when I was an idiot who only thought that performance mattered. AMD works better with open source drives and Intel's management botnet engine is disgusting and I don't want it any near my systems.

>g-g-guys, tick tock was our idea

>do you like minix?
Intel
>are you not okay with big bro's cock in your life?
AMD.

>2018
>intel
????

Intel still has the highest performing processors of any kind on the market. Also, even with meltdown and spectre, Intel products are proven the MOST secure digital processor products per capita. Delete your life OP.

>
>>>
>Anonymous 01/13/18(Sat)12:37:47 No.64293078▶
> >do you like minix?
> Intel

>Intel products are proven the MOST secure digital processor products per capita
If you don't mind sharing everything you do with Intel's financial overlords. You shills are so mouthfucked it hurts to read your posts.

delicious pasta

fuck off shill

Quick rundown on how to get the latest Microcode on Windows for old CPUs:
Microsoft is unlikely going to release a OS-based firmware, and the VMWare tool loads the firmware too late.
This guide is largely applicable to Desktops.
Modding laptops is not recommended, but techniques are similar.

1) Ensure your CPU is at least Ivy Bridge-E/EP, Ivy Bridge-EX(IvyTown) or Haswell. Older CPUs does not receive the new microcode (yet or never).

2) Think twice before modding your BIOS if you are running Haswell/Broadwell due to the reboot problem.

3) Proceed to win-raid forums to download UBU, and MMTool 5.0.0.7 (regardless of whether your Aptio is V4 or V5).
MMTool have to be downloaded from external sources. The CRC32 hash of the program is 614319D4.

4) Move the MMTool application into the UBU folder.

5) Proceed to read warning/additional steps if you are on the X99 platform. Anyway, refer to Step 2.

6) Proceed to download the UEFI file and extract it. Place the firmware into the directory of the UBU.
For .CAP files, you need to use the corresponding DOS flash program or Asus USB Flashback to flash because they are protected unlike .ROM files.

7) Run the UBU and select 7. Afterwards, select 1 twice. The tool automatically updates the firmware and rename it appropriately for you; there is no need to download anything from Intel.

8) Proceed to read "[Guide] How to flash a modded ASUS-ASRock-Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS" in the win-raid forums to load the modded BIOS into the motherboard.
For Asus Flashback button, there is an error if the button only flash for ~5 seconds.

9) Start(Asus Flashback Button)/Restart the computer(DOS flash). The computer will now either fail to POST or boot up with the new Microcode. If you have a SPI flasher or Asus Flashback button, you can retry.

10) Run get-speculationcontrolsettings and you should see all greens.

I recommend you download your firmware twice, and run both on the tool. Afterwards compare the hashes to check for corruption.

>not the A11