Why Sup Forums doesn't support mp4? Fucking annoying to convert everything to webm

Why Sup Forums doesn't support mp4? Fucking annoying to convert everything to webm.

I remember back in 2001 we only had gifs on Sup Forums. You kids are so lucky with your webm garbage now.

Because this is an imageboard and not video sharing platform.

I'm glad this is the case, I sometimes go on /gif and /wsg/ and everyone seems underage with little understanding of board culture.

Board culture is the best thing.

>25 sec, not even 640x800
>almost 2 mb
bro just post the gif. it's the same.

Sup Forums should have adopted APNGs instead of this video format monstrosity. Everyone here should have been using Firefox anyways.

Then why have you posted a video?

/gif/ and /wsg/ are both a complete mess because they’re the obvious place for Sup Forums and Sup Forums newfags to browse when they inevitably get tired of their shit boards. If every board had audio webms, then /wsg/ would be desolate (it already kinda is).

I'm more worried about there is not vp9 support

I lurk /wsg/ because I got tired of Sup Forums
Bord culture really isn't a thing but thread culture is.

I want to suckle those pointy nips.

Am I the only originalfag in their 30s that doesn't have a fucking grandpa mentality?

explain yourself, late twenties here

nobody even uses apng format

A thing called royalties.

Hosting an MP4 itself does not cost money, but using a tool to decode h264 to a thumbnails WILL cost you money, which is why Sup Forums doesn't have it.

if there's no audio stream it is just an animated image

8ch has it.

fucken died laughing

>just an animated image
That's what a video is, yes.

>offloading processing to Sup Forums servers
It's almost like you want to give reasons for Hiro to Jew you out of money.

so you are telling me that a gif is a video as well

If it's animated.

skelly bird woman

Someone tell the MPEG-LA that they didn't pay for a license. :^)

Why people are using this retarded syntax? Learn2English ffs. I hate 3rd worlders so goddamn much.