How can Gnucucks even compere?

How can Gnucucks even compere?

How indeed.

Do you really need both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of python2/3?

Lol, not enough packages. See pic related.

how otherwise can you solve compatibility issues?

You shouldn't have compatibility issues between architectures in a python script.

Unless you mean distributing python interpreters to run your program. Say what you want about "Gnucucks" but windows is the only one where every application needs to ship with almost all of its dependencies.

i just use a text editor and a compiler for the few languages i care about

So I see vs finally got a package manager, something open source software had for very long time now. Congratulations, now that you don't need to manually download and install every single package, Windows programming is not such an astronomical utter fucking shit anymore, in visual studio specifically, not in general. Still subpar to what you get on Linux.

>total install size 52GB
we have the same functionality in < 1GB, we sure can't compete with you in bloat

>select almost everything
>all emulators
>HHUUURRR 50GB TEXT EDITOR xDDDDDDDDDD

finally?
it was there for 8 years already

Base VS is >15GB you retarded shill.

By actually developing software.

Welcome to 2018.

> it's not 15gb it's 570mb
> and everyone knows 570mb is still fucking acceptable for a glorified text editor with a compiler

Show me a text editor that has the same feature set as a base install of visual studio.

MSVSC is inferior to both Clang and GCC, by a very large degree, in many expects. The only people who don't know this are the people that do not know either of C or C++.

Congratulations, you're now left with a shitty editor that takes ages to load, doesn't properly support anything beyond two languages and the only way to make it usable is to pull dependencies that make it go to the good old days of VS being 15GB monstrosity.
Meanwhile in the land of freetards, we have editors that are better out-of-the-box in few MB than your 570MB shit, and with plugins they turn into much better tools than 15GB (or 57GB) bloat from MS. The only good thing about VS is debugger, everything else is done better (and without the bloat) in the land of freetards.

Minimalist Text editor + compiler combination is best combination.
That or the emacs operating system.

what's this distro? please tell me

GNU/Emacs

>the good old days of VS being 15GB monstrosity
Assuming I'm measuring it correctly, my installation of Visual Studio, which I use for C++, C#, Python and Windows driver development is no larger than 7GB.
Most of it is static libraries in different configurations and architectures.

Last version of VS i used was VS14, with C#, C++, F#, ASP and Azure support. The installation was over 17GB and took about 2 hours (might have been because we had shit desktops at work). Last year they finally allowed us to use whatever we want for development so i'm using Emacs (which out-of-the-box beats VS with 17GB of "features" for me), but from time to time i still fire up VS because the debugger is just too damn good.

>VS14
That's one version before they revamped it.

Why is that a bad thing?

By having the same thing better. For the whole OS, not just one IDE.

this just show how out-of-touch with reality GNUcuck is

>52.71 GB
holy balls, that's almost 4x the size of my OS and everything i have installed

Great, you no longer have to install 17GB to have a usable IDE. So how big would VS15 be if i wanted it for ASP, Azure, F#, C++ and C#? If it's not significantly less than 17GB, why would it be relevant whether it's revamped or not, my emacs.d is 35MB (32MB of which is proof general and most of the rest is swap files) and except for debugging, which takes about 5% of my schedule, it's superior in every aspect- even on Microsoft stack.

>oops there's a bug in this TLS implementation.
>better ship a new version to 30,000 different programs separately, each with a different update manager with the buggy TLS in it.

>52GB

>60 gb is enough

it's like windows UI went full way to nowhere and then suddenly decided to be Gnome 3