Poorfag here

Is getting a used M3710 tower for $62 worth it? Looking to use it for ps3 era gaming, watching 1080p vids and making my own SFMs.

Specs:
-core 2 quad Q8300
-Nvidia 9200
-2GB RAM DDR2
-320gb storage

Thinking about getting a GS 450 later. Is it worth it bros? I tried planning to build my own PC but parts are retarded expensive and will shoot my budget to the moon.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RlNrjO50ssU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If you want PS3 era gaming why not just buy a $50 PS3 that can be hacked? You'd need a new GPU and probably motherboard if it can only support DDR2. Then you'd either have to gimp yourself to have the same socket or get a new CPU as well

Sup Forums is over there but, I am kind of feeling generous. The 9200 is integrated so forget gaming, you will need a card and considering those cases came with 230-300W chink power supplies and you are a poorfag? Not gonna happen. 2GB of ram won't be enough and those machines usually put 2 1GB sticks because that was cheaper and you only have 2 ram slots on the motherboard. I wouldn't even take the fucking thing for free.

>If you want PS3 era gaming why not just buy a $50 PS3 that can be hacked?
I dont have a TV and cant afford HDMI monitors.

>You'd need a new GPU
Yeah Im thinking about buying a cheap old low end gpu. GS450 is pretty cheap i think. Theyre like $20 each

>and probably motherboard if it can only support DDR2.
Is there a big difference between DDR2 and DDr3 and the likes? I found a place where they sell DDR2s for 2 dollars per stick and i heard DDR4s are skyrocketing due to mining.

If you can't afford an HD monitor ($50-70) I don't even PS3 era gaming is for you. Just get a PS2 or Wii and hack them. You're seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel where having nothing is arguably better than this tier. DDR2 is massively slower than DDR3, yes. But if the mobo has DD2 then it likely doesn't even support DDR3

You can get adapters, you'll end up with a spaghetti set up but I was able to get it to work on an old LCD monitor I got for free. I forget exactly how to do it, but you should be able to google it

If you gave up your shitty gayming hobby (and the GPU) you could get a more pleasant performing machine with a better CPU that you could upgrade later once the bitcoin ponzi scheme crashes.

The thing you posted is not worth the money at all. While it's a desktop it doesn't offer any upgrade possibility down the line whatsoever. And buy getting a motherboard this old you're shooting yourself in the foot. DDR2 is humongously more epxensive than DDR3 and DDR3.

I've been looking for cheap hackable ps3s for a while and all I find are super slim models with FW > 3.70. where could I get a jailbreakable PS3 for cheap user?

there are plenty of i3 / i5 builds out there in sff for cheap as fuck.
>company buys computer
>used by idiots
>100 toolbars
>malware running in background
>OH NOES COMPUTERS ARE SLOW AS FUCK
>LETS SELL THEM AND UPGRADE
>sells to computer recycle company
>puts on ebay for cheap as fuck

pic related

eBay, Gamestop and Craigslist should be able to get you one for $50ish. I know Gamestop is definitely at that price point
>Fat models = will work everytime
>Slim = check the model number
>Super Slim = avoid for now

Also this, if you really want a desktop then $60 isn't a huge loss but if you're looking to upgrade in the future then this rig offers almost nothing. I'd disagree about DDR2 RAM though, you can get 4GB from Goodwill electronics for $10 (or cex UK for like 6 bongs)

btw. i3 2120 with the cheapest new graphics card. gtx 1030 can even play pubg at about 30fps
> youtube.com/watch?v=RlNrjO50ssU

Fat models will work every time really? What about those with latest fw for example?

Get a first gen i5 system, can't be that much more expensive.

this.
OP go for used xeon lga775 workstations/towers

You can get hdmi-dvi cable and output sound through that ps3-rca cable, you know?

Hmmm
What is a decent budget for a gaming pc that can btfo the ps3?

Need at least 3gb for normal usage these days.

>first gen i5 cheap

Oh no. Not at all.

I have one from 2010.
I did a 'crazy' upgrade last year, 24 gb ddr3 ram (really cheap) and a 200 eur rx 470,undervolted and underclocked because the pcie 2.0 mobo shuts down at full power. Tested with witcher 3 and tomb raider at ultra settings w/o problems.

I was planning to upgrade my i5 750 with the i7 870, but i didn't find one under 50 euro, except the xeon equivalent ones.

Well,a couple of days ago i checked the pices of 1st gen core i7 again... fuck, they sell at 100 eur even from china. 100 eur also for used 1156 motherboards!

Fucking hell,even a ryzen 3 with a cheap entry level mobo is cheaper than a 8 year old 1st gen core i series and probably performs better.

What's wrong with the Personal Computer World?

If you're that poor, stop playing games and work more, Op!

You should be able to find one with a sandy i5 for around that price.

NOPE. don't look for anything older than a used sandybridge (i7 2600k). these go for $50-100 nowadays.

You can get better for the price. If you live in a city, check Craigslist in the computer for sale section and the free section.

I had to pass up on 30 Dell OptiPlex that ranged from Core 2 Quads to First Gen i5s with Windows 7 on them along with 5-10 LCD monitors because I dont have room for all of them. This was posted in the free section.

Another time, missed it by an hour someone was giving away Dell Servers (2004 to 2008 year range, DDR, DDR2, DDR3), A few custom built servers, IBM P4 Desktops, Cisco Switches, etc.

But its a hit and a miss and fuckin scrapers are always liking at the free section.

Dude, I got first gen i5s and i7s for free. I would never pay for them. Also got some AMDs from that time range of the I5/i7s for free.
>eur
Ahh, I see now.

Spare me one , then!