pastebin.com/Bs5kyfLZ
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/NiCfGaW7
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/e3yMyn6F
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Other urls found in this thread:

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2023
amazon.com/Varmilo-Bluetooth-Switches-Printing-Mechanical/dp/B01GJ5QP0I/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=mechboard-20&linkId=05da09021b81bedacd37d9d0c2b0d824
amazon.co.jp/dp/B071HDL1RM
ebay.com/itm/331877953785?ul_noapp=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wow. If that was the ANSI layout it'd actually be pretty good.

Nordic keyboard layout is fucking awful for programming or cli stuff. {, /, |, ~ and ` are all in ridiculously inconvenient places.
I've seriously considered switching to a US layout.

pic related is actually a p. neat keycap set that has dedicated legends for Denmark *and* Sweden. It feels like a fucking unicorn set and I'd love to order it just to show support for more localized layouts, but I can't justify it when they won't even fit my current keeb. Thinking of buying them for a DIY project later though.

sauce is kbdfans on aliexpress btw

Are they going to sell the Race 3 with low-profile switches from the get-go? What's the ETA on that?

If I could've gotten this instead of regular reds by waiting a few months I'm going to be pissed.

>finally dropped the bullshit 1.5u keys

Based.

I have a FC660M at home and work. First topre: HHKB or FC660C?

brap

I prefer the HHKB

i wet myself looking at this layout

bought this one

I know this is a dumb question but I'm dumb so it's all I have.
"Mechanical" keyboards are distinct from, say, the regular keyboards that come with your computer in that they make the glorious "takka takka" sound right?

If not I'm not sure I'd want one.

>takka takka
nope, thats the sound of a typewriter, a mechanical has a more elegant sound and much more variety of sound and feelings, some have an internal click, other a bump other nothing , then you have those with mushy switches like silent reds or topre switches that have a sound similar to eating chicle.

Oh.

who is that artist looks great

Cool, now we just have to wait for the chinks to make clones that don't cost a shitton.

this hobby aint for poorfags

speaking about low profile, are the pg1442 switches from kailh compatible with current laptop keycaps? if yes i could just buy some broken keyboard for cheap keycaps

What color Aluminum case should I get for my TADA68??

Any suggestion ?

Budget: under 200$
Brown switch
ANSI layout
80% form factor
Wireless
Not ugly.

gray ^_^

What is the biggest keyboard there is that isnt some stupid old people with huge caps

w222222222wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww222222222222222222aaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssssdddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeedwwwwwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeddddddddddddddddddddddddddddsssssssssssssssssss

Oops, I was changing my key caps!

Any grey pics?
Also how hard is it to replace a case

get the TADA68 Pro whenever it will be released

No F keys unfortunately.

F keys are overrated, program Caps Lock as a FN key and you can use the numbers as F keys very easily.

I would prefer not to for what i do.

why browns user?

Good for gaming a bit right ?

Just got my Vortex VIBE I'm gonna use for work.
>tfw it's got these legends
I mean I can buy that we get the NO/DK ÄÖ but WHY OH WHY is the Å not full sized?!

Oh are you an epic meme shitposter?

No. i just like my F keys.

Basically a TADA68 would be perfect with F keys.

There's a keyboard literally like that, can't remember the name though

:/

mechanicalkeyboards.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=2023

or

amazon.com/Varmilo-Bluetooth-Switches-Printing-Mechanical/dp/B01GJ5QP0I/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=sl1&tag=mechboard-20&linkId=05da09021b81bedacd37d9d0c2b0d824

Recommend me some mechanical keyboard for clicking

between 50€ to 100€ if you want , thx :)

mainly for programming and coding.

the Filco looks better, floating switches look dumb

>abs caps vs pbt caps

literally kbd75

fuck them both, get a leopold with doubleshot pbt

To the fucks that recommended me get a tada68, FUCK YOU.

Enter key barely even presses down, like wtf :|

you got memed buahahahahahaahahahahaahhahahahahahhahahaha

And this is why I ordered my keyboard from filco. I rather have a swedish layout as a norwegian, than a pan-nordic one. I don't get why they ship their keyboards with replacement WASD and windows keys, but don't bother with the 5-6 keys that are differen't between the nordic countries. I rather have proper legends than a gamer windows key.

Its strange, might be software since it doesnt register all the time in facebook, but in word it works all the time.

factory doesn't have the mold/printing for fullsize Ä

but isn't all SA's made of SP? Because they have fullsize Å (and ÄÖ) for the double shot SAs (these are just printed on the top)

(they're dye sub)

If they can't do it justice, they should't even bother. Using blank or UK keycaps is better than pan-nordic crap.

ehh no? I rather have this than the wrong keycaps

Hey Sup Forums,

I'm investing in some new hardware the coming weeks including my first mech keyboard.
I'll be mostly using it for recreation: some videogames, some photoshop/illustrator, etc...
This ducky appealed to me because of its straightforward design, in contrast to all the "g4m3r-branded christmas decoration" out there.

Having no experience, I'm just not sure which type of switches to include. Still doubting between red or brown cherries... Any guidance is welcome.

bind caps to swapping between nordic and us

Why'd the last one die? Is this the end times?

What do you think about this?

amazon.co.jp/dp/B071HDL1RM

Its al ow energy thread that no one posts in it, its over /mkg/ is done for no one will post in this threads any longer

POST YOUR BERST KEBS !!
for a last time

Are there any good premade cases for a let's split / nyquist
I'm looking for a split keyboard but I'm not a fan of the plate / sandwich cases

can someone explain me whats the point of having a key that you wont be able to press because it has a fucking sculpture 3cmm big on top?

For style/flare, they are generally on less used keys but it's not like you can't press it.

Tacky/10

ABS Maxkey or enjoypbt?

Massdrop Preonic arriving next month anyone else order one?

The latter

SA profile is bad, Maxkey's doubleshotting is low quality so you can feel the edges of the legends and they mold the caps in pre-shined ultra high gloss

pbt always

>literally just ordered an ISO-N Race 3.
>Race 4 with unfucked layout and low-profile switches is immediately announced.

Do I stick to the Race 3? Do I cancel my order and wait for Race 4? H-hold me /mkg/

are you me?

the low profile really tempts me tho as its the biggest drawback of the RACE 3

but im not sure if i like the new switches

any news whether we get the layout and profile with regular cherry switches?

I bought a blue switches keyboard as my first mechanical and I'd like them a tad quieter

Are there keycaps that can achieve this, or should I solder new switches?

you can buy o-rings that dampen them

origins wont do much difference do

Haven’t checked out mechanical for a while. Are they still extremely noisy?

Thanks, I'll buy a set.

Is Ajazz AK33 /mkg/ approved? I don't care about its non-standard layout, and I won't use custom keycaps or anything.

>Ajazz AK33
approved if you are pour

the legends look like shit and make me want to shove my vortex core up my ass and pull it out sideways

same, just tapioca'd in my fuckin jorts

Any of you Sup Forumsuys ever tried to repair a keyboard. Pic related is my keyboard, and next pic is the keys that don't work. Has anyone ever fixed a discontinuity on a keyboard circuit before? I figure one of the traces cracked or something, but am unsure of how to fix this.

I trash picked this keyboard.
I have already taken each keycap off and cleaned everything with soapy water.
Seems the capacitor was already changed by previous owner, I know this was a common problem.

I only figured out it was broken after I put it back together because I didn't have a pc with a PS2 input at my house at the time when I was cleaning it.

These are they keys that do not work (With the red dots on the image). I figure the traces that connect these columns of keys are broken, but am unsure.
If anyone knows, please share some insight.

My plan would be to test continuity of the traces, try to find a discontinuity, then solder a wire bridge over the cracked piece. Idk if this will work though.

Sorry, forgot image.

I'm more interested in why you were dumpster diving for keyboards

As I was walking to the bus on my campus, I saw it in one of the Electronics Recycling bins. I often can grab older HDD's, sticks or ram and other useful misc tech stuff. As the uni gets new stuff, they just throw out whatever they had.

In working at a tech support company which allows me to get Logitech keyboards at cost price. Are there any decent mechanical keyboards from them that aren't gaymer shit?

Compact, basic and good to type on.

No.

Are you able to let me know the cost price of "Logitech G610 Orion Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard (Red)"?

14$

I'm looking at getting a mechanical numpad possibly a DIY kit for it. What are some good options?

Well cost price for NZ, $124nzd ($89usd)

Browns or blue MX for typing? :thinking:

How though, it's currently selling on amazon for 89 usd

New Zealand cost price, so plus shipping/ import tax etc

How does /mkg/ feel about scissor switches? They're my favorite desu.

>decent mechanical keyboards from them that aren't gaymer shit
nope

What's the "xiaomi piston 3's" of /mkg/? (Best balance of all things) I've been typing on this microshit for 2 years and I hate it

The only good switch is capacitive buckling springs.

anyone have info on this?
ebay.com/itm/331877953785?ul_noapp=true

Rubber dome

is the magic kb 1 still worth it to get this day and age?
i managed to find one claiming to be 'new' with plastic wraps around it for $25
i tried to nego to $20 but he won't budge.
should I just go for the magic kb 2 instead?

leopold
dedicated arrow keys