jupiterbroadcasting.com/121292/redhat-with-brandon-johnson-ask-noah-44/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anime. No processor, just the girl.

arm

The one without the silicon bug, duh.

Intel because you can disable the ME with the HAP bit

ANime Media Devices of course

Do older AMDs have PSP?
Intel c2d/c2q was a choice to escape Intel ME government backdoor, but spectre and meltdown destroyed that path.
What's the status with AMD regarding this?

Nice try kike. Go die in a shintel dumpsterfire.

Not planning to buy a new computer or processor but if it happens, AMD for sure.

i want to fuck amada

You made this thread yesterday.

Neither. I'm going with Baikal. Russian botnet > Jewish botnet.

Already chose AMD last year, it was the best decision I made tbqh OP

risc-v
fuck x86

fx8350 is the best CPU without a backdoor

is Arm-chan kawaii?

seconded

The one that isn't overrun with SJW in its management.

Don't know yet.

IBM Power 9, obviously

I got some bad news for you...

> Not Opteron 6286SE sixteen core with librebooted motherboard

Cyrix

Why should i choose the anime gril when i already got my waifu?

Quick rundown on how to get the latest Microcode on Windows for old CPUs:
(The VMWare tool loads the firmware too late.)

This guide is largely applicable to Desktops.
Modding laptops is not recommended, but techniques are similar.

1) Ensure your CPU is at least Ivy Bridge-E/EP, Ivy Bridge-EX(IvyTown) or Haswell. Older CPUs does not receive the new microcode (yet or never).

2) Think twice before modding your BIOS if you are running Haswell/Broadwell due to the reboot problem.

3) Proceed to win-raid forums to download UBU, and MMTool 5.0.0.7 (regardless of whether your Aptio is V4 or V5).
MMTool have to be downloaded from external sources. The CRC32 hash of the program is 614319D4.

4) Move the MMTool application into the UBU folder.

5) Proceed to read warning/additional steps if you are on the X99 platform. Anyway, refer to Step 2.

6) Proceed to download the UEFI file and extract it. Place the firmware into the directory of the UBU.
For .CAP files, you need to use the corresponding DOS flash program or Asus USB Flashback to flash because they are protected unlike .ROM files.

7) Run the UBU and select 7. Afterwards, select 1 twice. The tool automatically updates the firmware and rename it appropriately for you; there is no need to download anything from Intel.

8) Proceed to read "[Guide] How to flash a modded ASUS-ASRock-Gigabyte AMI UEFI BIOS" in the win-raid forums to load the modded BIOS into the motherboard.
For Asus Flashback button, there is an error if the button only flash for ~5 seconds.

9) Start(Asus Flashback Button)/Restart the computer(DOS flash). The computer will now either fail to POST or boot up with the new Microcode. If you have a SPI flasher or Asus Flashback button, you can retry.

10) Run get-speculationcontrolsettings and you should see all greens.

I recommend you to download your firmware twice, and run both on the tool. Afterwards compare the hashes to check for corruption.

Still trying to decide between Ryzen 2700 and Ryzen 2700X. Do I want the cheaper /w included fan, or keep using my AIO and push the 2700X's superior silicon? We'll see.

>superior silicon
Only for 2800X to a lesser extent, and future TR to a larger extent. So save the money and get the 2700.

>2700X
Has raven ridge been announced already?

How fucking behind are you

I know it was announced at CES but have the specs of the processors been confirmed yet?

Good goy.

Im sure in a few months time someone will exploit all the bugs found in Intel processors as of late to hack the microcode of intel cpus to unlock hyper-threading or multiplier overclocking on any cpu.

Who cares about processors when you have Amada-chan?

Actually seriously considering making my next build Power9 based. We have a Debian build. If worst comes to worst I can just kvm up some x86_64 vms.

RISC-V

I have already ordered my dev board

I'm not buying anything until these security issues disappear. I went Ryzen in July and I'm furious about this Spectre shit. Granted, it's a better scenario than what's going on in the Intel camp, but the anxiety this is causing me is ridiculous. It'll be years before we get a secure chip from any of the vendors.

This is why free hardware is going to hopefully be the next big thing moving forward, people need to known just what it is they are installing.

dude stop being a pussy

AMD and Intel are both vulnerable
Intel came forward admitting they were, AMD lied about how they weren't
Intel released updates to protect their users, AMD barely did any and claimed that these crucial security updates were "optional"
Intel worked together with OS maintainers, AMD didn't even bother and caused BSODs on Windows

I think I'll stick with the more trustworthy brand

Hopefully. I really fear what is going to happen shortly if we don't get an alternate solution. If these exploits get weaponized, all hell is going to break loose. WannaCry will pale in comparison when you consider how many unpatched machines there are going to be connected to the internet.

um, they tried to downplay the seriousness of the issue and tried to take down AMD with them. There have been anonymous reports of employees within the company deliberately including these as backdoors...Intel are literally owned and run by jews... How are they trustworthy in the slightest?

No one is going to hack you

You're irrelevant and are unimportant in the grand scheme of things

>they tried to downplay the seriousness of the issue and tried to take down AMD with them
Spoken like a true AMD shill

I don't really think I'm being unreasonable here. I've yet to see a satisfactory explanation of the situation from any of the individuals involved in these so-called "patches". So far, I haven't seen anything to imply any level of confidence that these fixes will be effective for any length of time.

Really? You should tell that to anyone running a server that gets hammered with hundreds of break in attempts a day. It's literally a warzone out there.

dude you have an AMD chip, you're safe. Get the new ryzen coming out early this year and you'll be set mate. Apply the patches, stop fussing. AMD + NVIDIA are the new meta and are not run by jews. We all should have realized this a long time ago.

ayymd 4 lyf

Spectre is still an issue. Anyways, listen to this: jupiterbroadcasting.com/121292/redhat-with-brandon-johnson-ask-noah-44/
You don't have to listen to the whole thing, just pay attention to the guest from RedHats comments. He quite clearly goes out of his way to commit to anything resembling a staement of confidence. The guy is obviously nervous as hell, and can barely piece together a coherent sentence.

>He quite clearly goes out of his way to avoid commiting to anything

>jupiterbroadcasting.com/121292/redhat-with-brandon-johnson-ask-noah-44/

have confidence in amada chan sempai, she will make sure the new processors have counter measures at the last minute

WOAH i didnt know amd had a really cute anime mascot, im definitely buying amd next time i build a computer now
intel just cannot compete

top fucking kek

2700X if you want to keep it stock because of the XFR, or 2700 if you want to overclock it

No, they're speculating based on current Ryzen lineup. There should be more info on those in a month or two. And there's those leaks already.

This desu desu

where's my RADE-ON! ?

This can't be real, can it?

Why wouldn't it be real?

is this real or photoshopped, looks like shopped for me
this would be cool box compared to the xxxultragaymerxxx shit we got though

shitposting on my pentium-D
geforce1100

win 98
90nm wafer plates
./kill the whole thing,
big L2 cache is late
100 stacks, spend 50 on a CDR
5 on a JNE; OOB make it bounce back

dear god, it's beautiful!

Just bought an 8700k, hoping it will last as long as my 2500k.

Unless something vital dies, I'm only planning on upgrading when VR becomes affordable for me.
I'll probably get an APU to have a decent GPU for the Host system when running a VM.

I will keep on using the PC I built in 2014, and using the GTX 960 I bought a bit later.

I continue to choose my old trusty FX 8120