Vpng/ VPN General - 3rd Edition

This is a general for Virtual Private Networks
>A VPN extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Applications running across the VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_private_network

>Beware of False Reviews, Shills, Marketing, and Affiliate Programs:
Do not trust a single review to tell you the whole story. Find someone reputable or someone you personally know and ask them about their experience with the company. Almost no one on the internet is impartial.

>Detailed, shill-free, honest comparisons of almost every VPN provider:
thatoneprivacysite.net/vpn-section/

>Useful testing resources:
ipleak.net
dnsleaktest.com
speedof.me/

>Why You Should Be Using a VPN
lifehacker.com/5940565/why-you-should-start-using-a-vpn-and-how-to-choose-the-best-one-for-your-needs

>How Do I know If My VPN Is Trustworthy?
lifehacker.com/how-do-i-know-if-my-vpn-is-trustworthy-508866499

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/QudtAB2W
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pastebin
pastebin.com/QudtAB2W
Previous

You might want to join in on the next /cyb/ and /sec/ general when it appears, assuming of course you guys have not been collected by the white dry cleaning vans meanwhile.

I am using Airvpn for a few years, seems that it's a Fourteen Eye country. Is this really a risk? Privacytools seems to not care and recommends them anyway

> join in
What do you mean?

Here on Sup Forums there is a cyberpunk/security general thread running every now and then. And VPN is a recurring topic. I think you will reach a wider audience there.

I am working on a FAQ for /sec/ so I appreciate the efforts you put in.

thoughts on cern vpn app

im using torguard.

$10 month

comes with sock5 proxies for torrenting and lots of servers to connect to if you only care about the vpn aspect of it.

Also has free encrypted email service. You can add your own domain to this.

idk what else really, i like it. I feel like i'm shilling?

Is there a VPN that will work on Sup Forums n McDonald's WiFi.....

All VPNs work on Sup Forums with a pass, even VPS + OpenVPN needs a pass.

Pass kinda defeats the purpose of VPN?

Not really, why do you need a VPN for?

The pass let you post without filling captchat and avoid range blocks like the ones on VPN/VPS providers and some mobile internet ISP. But it doesn't mean you cant get banned.

I also use Torguard and like it a lot. Plus they
accept a multitude of cryptocurrencys.

anyone used Mullvad before? its 14e but looks like it doesn't log much if anything

You're a moron. A VPN doesn't give you any privacy.
gist.github.com/joepie91/5a9909939e6ce7d09e29

i'm rolling with vpn.ac since 3 years now.
haven't had problems at all.

what i don't get is, how a vpn provider can give you a trial vpn acces for a mont with a cap of 4gb when he claims zero logs? how do i maintain my service and prevent or even identify attacks on my infrastructure, when i don't have logs.
why are you blindly trusting companys starting with a lie, having zero logs.

Did you even read the comments?

100% spam, or retards, or retards spamming.

The fact that they are Italian based isn't really relevant, 99% of the end points/servers are elsewhere (maybe they have something in Italy with Aruba) and they devoted some efforts to shield themselves legally. autistici is Italian too and it's praised as a privacy-conscious provider nevertheless (except they don't have servers in Italy at all IIRC). Some of Airvpn endpoints are in "Fourteen eyes" countries, some are not. It's good only for the intended purpose: avoid scareletters and ISP throttling/filtering. That's the very origin of Airvpn, somehow connected with the TNT forum.

they need more larpers to keep their group going

PIA is the best :D and TunnelBear :D

Yes, really.

Bump