Phone cameras

Post what phone you're using, and take a picture you took with it.

Pixel 2 xl

Samsung galaxy s7

Moto G4 Play

cheap shit phone, camera sucks

I use a real camera user.

Do you mind, If I post my dick?

Let's have a night photo.

>Meizu Pro 7 Plus
Noise reduction on this phone is incredible.

And I'm using my imaginary convenient smartphone point and shoot camera.

Moto X Pure

Well that depends.. Is it feminine?

It's compressed because the file is 9mb. Shot on a ZTE Axon 7

no matter what android phone i go with, no phone quality has been able to match the latest iphone.

What the fuck does apple do with their post processing that others can't do?

Well you're wrong seeing how the pixel 2 objectively has better cameras, and the mate 10 pro is the same or better too

maybe its just samsung.

Contradiction

LG G6 US997

>he doesn't know

Samsung s8

Not bad for a $100 phone honestly

Currently have an LG G6, but this camera sucks balls compared to my old Nexus 6p. I've been contemplating going back to it for the camera alone, but the battery is going

Nexus 5

Honor 5x
Where my broke bois at?

Your house looks comfy

>btw

Nexus 6P

Redmi note 3

7p

BlackBerry Classic

Took this in my bathroom.

Why are phone cameras so big, when the actual lens is so small?
Is it to trick the consumer into thinking the camera is better than it actually is?

Ive got a lg g5 and its camera is total trash, it got this wierd ass effect that makes the image very blury with a wierd noise effect! And i cant change many settings like image size and such!

iphone x

iphone 5c

>I don't understand what a lens is

No good. It clones white trucks

I mean I know that they distort the light for a bigger field of view and all, but in some phones the front lens is like 5 times as big as the one immediately behind it, what purpose does that serve?
Looks like they just want to add a big black circle around the camera so people think it can compete with a dedicated camera lens

Welcome to Texas

Where is this?

use the other camera, also a small crack can fuck it up and dust gets under the lens very very easily (I have this phone)

also, to add to the topic, here's a picture taken with this camera: It's a Blackberry KeyOne.

I live in Michigan 40 min from Detroit it's just how it be

Note 8

Another one, I was just testing how well the autofocus works, I didn't photograph any interesting objects yet

How do i use the second camera, its just ultra wide and its even worse

have you tried not taking pictures in low light

Galaxy S4
underexposes pretty much any scene so I don't really take pictures with it

Yep, doesint help

this is still low light lol

you need to fiddle around with the professional/advanced(or however it's called for your phone)-mode man. automatic always gives shit results
play around with the exposure time and ISO

The same reason that on the highest quality cameras have lenses that comprise half of the entire camera's volume.

Pixel 2

Not that sharp, but the dynamic range is beautiful

I'm not criticizing real camera lenses, because their entire front is visible glass and is obviously fully used.
What I find weird are the phone camera lenses that have a huge glass lens on the front, and the second lens is only like 10% of that size.
In order for all of that light to enter the second lens, the first one would need a huge bulge, yet it is completely flat.
It gives the impression that most of the black area is not even used, see this pic

iPhone SE

the second lens just looks smaller because you are looking at it under a lens that distorts you perception of space.

Well that would make sense, but I have the phone right here next to me, and no matter from which angle I look at it, the black area is immediately under the glass and doesn't seem to serve any purpose other than to look black.
Meanwhile the much smaller lens in the middle changes its perspective a lot when I look at it form another angle.

Pic related, a side view of what I see. Already googled it many times but no luck

Sony xperia xz1 compact

Great phone but terrible camera.

Mi 5s with ported Pixel hdr+ camera

iPhone X

cute blushing lense

oh god now I can't unsee it either

Pixel XL

Independence, Texas. A nice town about an hour north of Houston.

Pixel 2

Samsung Galaxy Pocket

redmi note 3

Bro what are you doing at Thermal Shield??

Canon 80D

sweet commieblocks

>ITT shitty photos taken by modern phones
so many blurry photos even when stationary, and you wonder why photos of big foot or UFO are so blurry in this modern day and age
repent on your sins

brace yourselves, Cubot Rainbow. Standard chink 13mp with bad zoom, extreme shaky videos, slow shutter speed and low quality images in artificial/low light.
Basically you get bad picture with 4mp almost every time if you don't have serial killer hands and assload of light.
>Pic related - perfect conditions

Pixel 2

can you spare some pc user? seems like you've got a whole bunch of them

>with 4mp
with 4mb size

iPhone SE

>Let’s have a night photo

iPhone SE

moto g5 plus

Lol find your own! I found more than 3 in the the trash, sadly there realy old 512MB Ram useless!

Huawei P9

I was jogging but I stopped to take a pic

>Huawei
holy fuckin shit
is this a joke?

those lab desks look familiar
I think the pic looks pretty decent btw

Is that gorilla glue

it's a faculty in Serbia, and yeah, that was taken with HDR mode, no hand shaking and perfect light, so it looks good

Huawei P10 Lite

I think I know that station, user.

Are you near Budapest?

yup, it was taken at a nearby city

Shit man.

I remember going past it on the train from Komárom, I see that they have finished the renovation work from summer.

ugh..is ugly as fuck user

very nice!

LG V20

what should I do with all this meta data I collected?

Note 8

Galaxy s4, its pretty bad but cellphone pics are all varying levels of shit anyway

>and you wonder why photos of big foot or UFO are so blurry in this modern day and age
I wonder what happened to the pics of UFO and bigfoot since everyone now carries a movie camera.

Google Pixel 2

Made a photo of my SP4 with my 1+ 5T

Another one

And one made outdoors

Sell it on eBay.