Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

What ultraportable are you currently using?

Other urls found in this thread:

adafruit.com/product/1601
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

A laptop, since I'm not a manchild and need my computer in my pocket

A smartphone

a fucking phone

I love the design of that shitbrick, is so comfortable to use with both hands, unlike the Pocket.

So jealous.... sorry user

Nobody is jealous of your 3 hour battery life and uncomfortable thumb-keyboard

I'm not using it right now but I've got a VAIO VGN-UX180P

Well, 7 hours battery life for me personally, with wifi and full screen brightness.
Extremely comfortable to thumb type on compared to a smartphone with a touchscreen or a laptop on a lap if you don't have a table.

Stay butthurt. I love it (not you being butthurt, but the device)

don't say that user
people liking shit other people don't will only make them more mad

I can get 9 hours of light use from my gpd win. Web browsing, emulators, etc.

A Toshiba Portege X30-D 121
It's pretty good

Nice! I get 5 hours with GameCube emulation

speaking of portable gaming devices are there any worthy successors to the Dingoo A320? had one nearly a decade ago in high school, but have since given it away

my mobile telephoning device

GPD Pocket

It's also dated now but the Caanoo was a nice upgrade. I've still got both, the A320's broken and I need a charging cable for the Caanoo

GCW-ZERO
Runs opendingux 1Ghz MIPS 512MB
Also mostly dead, but has a lot of game/emulators
and is a MIPS Computer running linux in handheld form
Vanilla buttons are very good
Still use it daily thought

the whole gang

What is the most demanding game you can play on it, can it play neps?

I put fallout new Vegas on mine and so far that's about all I've used it for.

I wish I could be where you are, doing what you're doing.

You have the best game on there. There is nothing left in to do.

When traveling on plane or bus, you don't really have the room to use it while traveling just only at the airports and bus stations. Traveling by train you have a bit more room to use it.

Plus at the bus stations all the fuckin outlets are used to charge peoples fuckin cell phones. But most buses have outlets now.

Limited use, small screen, not a friendly keyboard for a tall person. On long trips they suck and have limited use.

>uncomfortable thumb-keyboard
Better then a cellphone on screen keyboard.

64296889 here i played the total war warhammer today, the actual battles run @ 7fps strategy world map game plays fine

I don't know why people hate the GPD Win so much.
It's only 300 bucks and pretty nice to use, is it another "stop liking what I don't like" shit?

My MacBook.

>inb4 mactoddler

It grinds my gears to no end that gamertoddlers destroyed this market segment. Guess they'd be the only ones dumb enough to pay the exhorbitant retail rates for this shit.

still waiting for my Pyra

Is this bait? Sure seems like bait. I'mma pull the string a little.
What market? What game toddlers?
UMPCs where always a niche.
Retro gaming is suddenly game toddlers? Bullshit.
Get off your high horse.

Why? It's shit. It's not actually 100% free, that would have been the biggest point to it. I see of no reason getting it, it's not 2009 anymore like when the OpenPandora came out that it was actually a good option.

please tell me how to make that screen in the middle

how do you guys feel about the pyrabox?

with GPD why would you want it at all? the GPD comes in three flavors
>android
>win10 with controls
>win10 without controls
and the pyra looks like dated trash.

>I'm not a toddler, I'm a RETROGAMER! Stop belittling me!
You're right, that's even more cancerous. Do you use the word "comfy" unironically, too?
With the technology available to us in 2018 we can build some pretty nice, professional ultraportable devices, instead we get a bloated Winshit-powered DS with god awful input devices and ugly space-wasting controls so toddlers can play shitty old Steam games away from their desktops.

You can actually run GNU/Linux on it fine.

its a raspi adafruit.com/product/1601

is there a umpc with a sim card? ie a phone replacement for people with aspergers

Why are you mad at people who like to play old games on the go just because nobody does devices you personally want?
The device was more of a advancement of the OpenPandora to play emulators, not even Steam games. OpenPandora did the same design.

They also made the Pocket and probably will make a Pocket 2 now that they got their shit together.

If this is just bait and you're actually not a mad retard but just a retard, congrats, it's highly effective as people dislike shitty posts only full of complaining.

Because you faggot hipsters pushed them in a terrible direction.

>stop liking what I don't like!!
it's getting old

because GPD is a piece of shit and pyra is modular.

>When traveling on plane or bus, you don't really have the room to use it
Not even the user you're quoting.
Only poor people and niggers devote relevant amounts of time to traveling by bus, so much they really have to work on something that isn't a smartphone. And only poor people and niggers travel on such shitty planes they don't have room for their laptop.
Besides, universal productivity "on the go" is even a bigger cancer than the universal availability 24/7 social media/phone/whatsapp dictates on some of us.

I'm glad it makes you so mad. Enjoy your butthurt while I enjoy my niche devices in the future too.

>implying any ultra-portable device was ever good on its own.
every ultra-portable device was shit because it was always way underpowered with shit battery life.
the DIY community would always have to mod it to make it remotely good.
i do miss buying shit Chinese mobile devices and spending hours and hours looking at forums on how to modify said device.
>did it for my 2006 portable media player (with a/v out, could play divx, xvid, almost any format at the time)
>did it for my WD TV gen one media player (NZBGET SERVER, FILE SERVER MODS...would've been a decent server but the CPU was so damn underpowered that i couldn't download more than 2MB/s)
did it for my gen 2 WDTV live.

EvilDragon already fucked it up
The modularity will be one or two planned SoC modules and that's all, the device is in development Hell, you think any modules won't be?
They didn't even account for the SoC sizes and cooling, EvilDragon screwed himself over by promising better SoCs modules than the GPD Win without even thinking that cooling would be a factor than

GPD Win is chink shit at it's fines at least, good grade components and solid build quality for the price, even with Pyra being cheaper, but not as cheap, it does not even come close

no arguments? just calling names? lame

lol I remember when GPD win was announced and evildragon was SURE it will never work or come out in time boasting it all over his own forum

does GPD make anything that can run Windows 7? serious question.

Arguments are there, for those who want to read.

why though? ltsb 2016 is fine, stop believing Sup Forums memes

i actually miss using my WDTV gen1
released in 2008
could only playback videos/music
that is it.
installed WDLXTV
>turned it into a linux server
>web server
>file server
>internet...youtube/movie trailers (with usb-to-ethernet adapter)
>samba client (never used it)
>torrent client (never used it)
>ir remote (to map out and accept buttons on any remote...in case you lost the original WD remote)
>simple web GUI REMOTE control app (loved that feature when i lost my remote and didn't know about the IR remapping function)
>plex style GUI (best thing about the mod)

with that mod enabled, that device was about 8 years ahead of its time.

An iphone u autist

>autist
>owns an iphone

Reminder that Win 2 IGG launches tomorrow at 6pm PST

what do memes have to do with the question?

I'll be getting one as I love the Win, but I do dislike the new button/stick layout.

My cell phone.

GPD Pocket and my Chinkphone.
It's pretty comfy desu.

> gaymen buttons directly attached any computing device you carry around in public

I would buy one instantly if keyboard layout were better.

that disgusting keyboard layout

seriously is this a thing

there is no benefit over 7 when compared to ltsb 2016
if any it's actually better on weak and portable hardware

install linux if you want something else, Intel does not have drivers for window 7 for that soc

I didn't buy it to type at 120wpm, I bought it to type comfortably on a physical keyboard without being subjected to shitty mobile Bluetooth shit.

You can thumb type which is how I mainly use it.

Why are you getting so triggered by a device people like?

Thanks user, does it just work out of the box?

what if it was detachable?

You mean like the Nintendo swishswash?

>You can thumb type which is how I mainly use it.
should have just gone with the win for that

Who cares, they hate everything to do with "muh gaymes" because they are bitter "old men" who have better things "to do".

Smaller screen, less ram, space wasted on gamepad, no type c, should I continue?

everyone needs someone to shit on and feel better than
just how the ego works

Can't we just shit on ourselves?
Works for me.

>no type c
how the fuck am I using a type C dock with mine than?

Not how anonymous image boards work. You have to shit on people liking things that are popular and/or you don't like.
Somehow this makes the person shitting on it "cool" (usually in their own delusion).

Ye, even homeless people can find something to shit to feel superior to somebody, like which shopping cart is best.

It's amazing how mad it makes you that I enjoy a device that I can use to play old Nintendo games with on my couch or balcony whenever I feel like it.

>Better then a cellphone on screen keyboard.
Worse than a laptop keyboard.

can't hold a laptop up with two hands and thumb type and use a the cursor that way

I have my Ipad :^)

pyra is slow
shitty screen
shitty battery life
bulky
shitty speakers
WAY more expensive
limited potential because linux

How would the GPD pocket or win shape up for some light development work?

It would just be uncomfortable

This

My bad, got it mixed up with the micro USB on the XD.

But still, smaller keyboard, less RAM, also 720p screen.

But you see my point, I hope.

an Acer ZG5

>sucks to be poor

I see your point, it's all valid
Just saying that if you mainly thumb type, the Win wouldn't been that bad either if the smaller screen and less RAM won't been a problem

rca cambio, x86 version

>not building a freeplay zero in a GBA case from aliexpress
Shame

Pixel C

I'd be okay with using the Pocket for some light development work (shell scripts etc.) but nothing heavy. I'd use the Win as a paperweight whilst doing some serious work

Didn't linusshilltips show off a gpd xd 2?
Where the fuck is it?
I think it's easily the best of their 3 devices

It's Android, it's not remotely good for anything else than 8 and 16 bit games

I almost did buy the win for some comfy otg emulation but nah I'm happy with my pocket.
Just wish it had an SD slot...

It's running a hexa core Mediatek SoC with 2 big A73 cores, it'll be good for emulating.

Yup, I hope they make a Pocket 2 with Win 2 guts and M.2 slot like the Win 2, that would be very nice

I'm planning on selling my pocket and getting a win2

Sure it might do Dreamcast and even Dolphin with some games, but it's still pretty much emulation only without any additional PC features
The Win is actually usable for comfortable shitposting for example

>He can't shitpost from mobile