Help me, Sup Forums. You're my only hope

Help me, Sup Forums. You're my only hope.

I'm trying to install w7 on HP laptop via usb stick but I'm getting load driver error.

>"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing"

Removing and plugging the usb flash drive doesn't help. Plugging it in a different port doesn't help either. Not really sure what else to try.

Other urls found in this thread:

codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the format of your USB stick? Also, try using a CD install instead.

Which step is this? I would guess this because your hardrive driver is not there.

Try to change SATA to IDE on your bios setting.

usb 2 or 3 stick?

Don't have cd-rom drive on my laptop. The usb stick is fine. I installed w7 on my pc with it.

It's the very beginning. Right after you select language, time and keyboard input and press "install now".

it's your harddrive driver, so you need to change the setting on your BIOS. SATA to AHCI, screenshot your BIOS here.

Sometimes you can fix that by putting the USB in another port. Otherwise you have to find a program to load win7 onto the usb with can include the drivers.

look if there's similar to this.

> this is two picture

try disabling usb 3.0 in the bios

Virus please contact support

load the AHCI driver of the laptop into the install.wim and boot.wim using dism. Try again, this time it should work.

> sata native mode change to disable

Windows 7 didn't support USB 3.0 out of the box, and i guess your PC only has those. Do this, format the harddrive where windows is going to be installed and load it with the manufacturer USB 3.0 drivers. When the installation shows this message, select said disk with the drivers. It should work.

There's nothing wrong with USB3 as long as he can boot windows installer, usually USB3 will downgrade automatically to USB2.

No it wouldn't in terms of Windows detection of what the port is. The only thing that downgrades is the speed. Hence, slipstreaming the USB 3 driver together with the SATA drivers using DISM into the wim files would be the best solution.

There's nothing in the bios. Boot options is pretty much the only thing you can configure in this setup. Fuck HP.

>No it wouldn't in terms of Windows detection of what the port is
umm, let's say port1 is usb 2.0; port2 is usb 3.0, then his USB device is usb 2.0 that he plug on port2, wouldn't this automatically downgrade to compatible with the USB device?

>slipstreaming the USB 3 driver together with the SATA drivers using DISM into the wim files would be the best solution.
if you've prepared and have 2 computer/laptop, well I agree. If not, just change the hardrive to AHCI on BIOS settings.

Screenshot please. another solution is slipstream that another user has mention

Only the speed. The reason you can use it normally on an operational computer is because the USB 3 drivers are already loaded.

According to OP have multiple computers so that should not be a problem.

Do this mah dude. Easier than using DISM.

Basically that's it, there's nothing else. Anyway to unlock more settings in the bios setup?

Okay, I will try that.

what's on diagnotics, let me see.
and the main also.

Get a shit ton of USB3 drivers, even if they aren't your manufacturer's to avoid having to search for more again.

That only works if Windows 7 have the AHCI drivers for the laptop. If OP's installer lacks both drivers, then DISM is the only solution.

The DISM method also prevents one from doing extra work during subsequent installs.

The guide to DISM is here: codeabitwiser.com/2014/03/how-to-install-windows-7-with-only-usb-3-0-ports/

OP only needs to do this once. All future reinstalls will be using the enhance image.

Make sure there are only the installation files in the usb and you didn't put anything else after flashing, happened to me once