RMS appreciation thread

>tfw there will never be another RMS
How can one man be so based?

>atheist jew
>based
pick one

i wish people appreciated tech and RMS the way i do.

Kids these days will never understand the importance of the simple things. All they care about is making the next facebook or making their new mobile app "user friendly"

What happened to the quality. It used to be about science.

>"atheist" kike
>against private property
>willing to force his twisted ideas into others
>condones pedophilia

fat fuck who literally hasnt done anything for the last 20 years except eating shit from his foot

Fighting for your freedoms whether you appreciate it or not.
The hero we need, but don't deserve.

>based atheist jew
There I picked one.
Go be an angsty christfag somewhere else

>except eating shit from his foot

He warned us and we didn't listen. We're all fucked.

>>willing to force his twisted ideas into others
>>condones pedophilia
Where do you think you are?

I admire his passion for something that he seems to truly care about, however, I wish he would occasionally temper his zealousness with a realisation that people live in the real world

Nothing wrong with this. The man is comfortable being who he is. It's like when you pick your nose and eat it because you're comfortable around your wife. When somebody does something like this around you, you should feel a closer bond with them. They clearly trust you.

Imagine being this naive.

>A scorpion asks a frog to carry it across a river. The frog hesitates, afraid of being stung, but the scorpion argues that if it did so, they would both drown. Considering this, the frog agrees, but midway across the river the scorpion does indeed sting the frog, dooming them both. When the frog asks the scorpion why, the scorpion replies that it was in its nature to do so.

>It's like when you pick your nose and eat it because you're comfortable around your wife
user, don't lie - you don't have a wife

yeah that's just you two being disgusting and lazy together (theoretical wife)

Imagine being this naive.

Not the guy you quoted, but I had to use freedom breaking, proprietary software every year of university, and then again at my job almost exclusively. I dont have the luxury of people paying me to talk, and I can't eat freedom, or use it to keep a roof over my head.

numbers confirm truth

Hookers say the same thing.

thank you, Raymond Milton Stillmein

>symbols of windows and apple
>elegant, well-dressed and fit
>rich
>intelligent
>great women all around

>symbol of free software
>wearing the same clothing all the time
>poor as shit
>absolutely unable to do anything; begs people for js scripts that let him use free wifi in mcdonald
>only sexual interest is avians

This man speaks the truth, I'd use GNU software all the time if my day to day life consisted of being driven around on canoes, speaking to people who have no intention of using free software / don't even speak the language I'm speaking whilst eating my own toe skin, and playing the recorder with a parrot on my shoulder. Unfortunately, I don't have that luxury, neither do I have the luxury of deciding that something isn't important just because there isn't a GPL licensed version of it available - if there is, I'll use one, if there isn't I'm not going to feel bad.

Fuck this fatass
>muh free software
>proprietary waa waa

thanks based rms

GNU and Linux never had decent marketing, That's why we failed.

Just look at Apple or Microsoft marketing, they have the best ones. Instead, we focus on the important, which no normal person will ever care about.

it's just ease of use and perception. No one wants to learn to program just to run an OS, and that's the perception. It'll never catch on as long as it's sold as a version of linux. It's basically like if microsoft sold windows as Dos forever and always bragged about capabilities in cmd prompt compared to in windows desktop. As long as you keep the perception that the command line is more powerful than operating from a desktop GUI and linux fans can never stfu about all their 1337 skillz then selling the desktop version is like trying to sell a 3 legged dog next to the showdog you can't stfu about. no one is going to purposefully buy what you keep pointing out it's flaws and putting down right in front of them.

linux already won, it's industry standard for servers and has been for a long time
more and more developers use linux to benefit from the superior tooling, so linux gets more and more software
windows has basically begun its transition into a proprietary de by embedding linux, and microsoft is also transitioning from a software vendor to a cloud hosting company

>RMS will die in your lifetime
hold me ;-;

Literally Jesus of computers. You can't be more based.

>based

>people call him an autist because he adheres by principles

I sent him an email when I was 13 but he never responded ;-;

Everytime I watch a speech I'm feeling like I'm listening to Jesus. I love this man.

Literally rms is a underrated god

>about to cross the street
>RMS: "hold on, user, a car is coming!"
>(You): STOP TELLING ME WHAT TO DO

Richard Stallman is a Jesus walking on earth right now. People hate him because his pureness and truth is inconvenient, but when time has passed, they say "Stallman was right", "RMS warned us". In 300 years, when owning something without DRM is legal again, people will start writing books about Stallman. In 2000 years, when people left earth already because some hacker nearly destroyed the whole mankind in order to take down the botnet controlling all cyborgs, cyborgs will visit low tech churches, sharing their source codes, so they can improve themselfes and keep an eye on it, an eye on freedom

A human being and a real hero.

He is obsessed with freedom and doesn't realize that temporary compromise is often necessary for success, but I can't deny that his cause is just, and he turned out to be right about basically everything. Although I don't completely agree with his ideologies he has my full respect.

When did he ever condone pedophilia? Source for this claim?

Stillman never tells you to feel bad about using proprietary software himself. He draws the line at recommending it's use to others.

If ewe didn't have people upholding the extreme end of free software, the movement would be dead.

I believe he has musings on the subject of consent in his archived correspondenses.

>If ewe
Is that an attempt at a subtle sheeple joke, because wow, that's sad

I bet he's feeling sheepish now

Would you be so kind to provide me with a link, in case you have it saved somewhere?

Yup, in fact, if I remember correctly, he said in an interview:
"I don't think people who use proprietary software are evil, I just feel sorry for them".

>if I remember correctly
you probably don't though

What do fuck are you talking about, he is not the first communist jew trying to force his totalitarian ideology into others and certainly will not be the last.

>le epic alt right
you belong on reddit, son

>freedom is communism

I think I might have the chance to ask him a question when he speaks at my Uni. What should I ask him?

Ask him if he still condones pedophilia

I respect him.
Wish his voice was deeper and less whinny though.

Stallman is a hero

Ask him who will replace him. But don't do it in front of a crows if you can help it.

There is literally nothing wrong with being a pedophile.

>But don't do it in front of a crows if you can help it.
Why? Can Stallman communicate with crows? Will he have them attack you if you upset him?

he's self sustaining