/BST/ Battlestation Thread

Post em up guis
R8
H8
Masturb8

Other urls found in this thread:

keyboardco.com/keyboard/filco-majestouch-2-camouflage-r-tenkeyless-nkr-usa-keyboards.asp
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I just masturb8

Man I really like that bg, share?

Sam & Max title screen!

So much poor lighting....enjoy your eye fatigue

Its pretty well lit, it just looks dark cause of the wall color.

Is that how eye fatigue works?

/bst/ - "Will I ever get around to replacing that failing file storage HDD or will I procrastinate until it's too late and lose all of that sweet sweet data? ... Find out next time, on /bst/" edition

>got bullied into changing wallpaper

ye

It's a contributor.

>G710 branded as a G710+
I thought I was the only one that had it.

Will you guys help me figure out how to lay out my room?

Its tiny

Heres looking into the room.

And here is looking out of the room.

Excuse mess, battlestation rearranging in progress. That white piece of shit desk is temporary

What are your specs user i'm curious

What kind of desk do you have/plan on putting in? L desk I'd put into the corner with both windows, or have a wall to wall desk along the left window wall.

Put main computer desk and display under the octopod. Place floor speakers on left and right of main desk. Plan on small lounge seating across from main desk and display. Use the file cabinets as a side table or place in the corners to support ambient lighting

Man I really need a headphone stand

You could put a new desk against that window, and store the computers underneath your desk. You can route the cables from your router in your second picture along the white thing (what the fuck are they called?) on the lower part of your wall to your setup. The desk along the wall should be enough to accompany both monitors in the picture, your phone, etc. You can try to put the file cabinets under the desk if your desk is tall enough.

Hopefully this helps, user.

Sadly those shit filing cabinets are apart of my makeshift desk.. for now. I plan on getting either a 60" or 72" standing desk from evodesk unless anyone has better suggestions. Heres a pic of the shitty makeshift desk (ikea)

The white thing i think is moulding? Is that what you're referring to? Thanks again user

>white thing
Skirting?

I think a desk the same length of that wall where your current desk is would be pretty neat.

It's nothing too special. Built it in 2013, and upgraded the GPU last year.

The Seagate drive is in the process of taking a shit. :(

I didn't realize how handy they are until I got this one.

I think you're right except I dont want to have my back to the door :(

r8 yall

is that i3 bar on the bottom?

It is

disgusting
hidden bar is the truly patrician choice

Old one died 2 young, didn't check for any you's :<

Will rate again :DDDD
Will also say Reddit tier when the setup kind of feels like it belongs there, no offense meant.
Cozy, Reddit tier, maybe you could setup a second station on that right side.
Little cramped but still comfy.
Shiny, kind of reddit tier, I still like it anyways. Love the big desk, way of mounting headphones and colours.
Reddit, tier, works gets done, way 2 casual for my personal taste.
Not good at giving tips, but just put it howq you like it for now, and change it as time goes by. This is what I would do anyways.
CD guy, still like yours :3
School Days guy, also love yours, no CRT anymore tho?
I won' t say anything till I see you're Detolf.
Cozy, but that calculator makes me think of school. What systems are you running?

Not when you need it to monitor resources in a more compact manner than htop.

I collect calculators and like the hack them to do cool shit lol.

Honestly so many its gonna be impossible to list them all in a compact manner. My dev runs a xeon W5350 with 24gb of ram and a GTX 760 (Computer picture) using xubuntu (need stability), then the big white monolith (main) runs a AMD FX-8350 with two GTX-660ti's in SLI and uses OpenBSD. Then I have a clone of that same setup that I used to use as my main that runs void.

I want to see more of the computer graveyard you have in the back.

What resolution is that vertical monitor?

Just 1920 x 1080

Or wait, it's 1200, not 1080.

Well everyone has a hobby, I might try putting some games on my TI 83+.

Those are some nice machines, also props for no Wincuck.

Not a graveyard. All used. The top is a server. Then an i5 in an old Aptivia case used for Web browsing, then a NAS under that.

Well if you look at the top image there's win7. But that's for work, I never use Windows unless I have to.

>Reddit, tier, works gets done, way 2 casual for my personal taste.

Lol I do feel ya. I try to keep it pretty low key so as to mask my disgusting inner-weeaboo these days. I will say though, that very little actual work gets done as most of my downtime is spent browsing Sup Forums and playing vidya.

There once was a time where I did actually have a somewhat less casual, even if disgraceful setup going.

Nothing fancy but it works for me.

Where are your guns?

Nice guns.
What handguns do you have?

I really love your wallpaper (on the actual wall) - are you from EU?

no, Midwest US

Remington 1911 R1 .45acp
Walther PPQ 9mm
Walther PPS 9mm
S&W SW99 .40s&w
Sig P938

Cool. Good job user

wtf r u doin with those bass traps

There isn't really space for the left one in the corner so I had to put it there.

I really like it, and it's your setup so whatever works for you :3
It's just that I like degenerate setups a lot more.
This looks so nice, are those NES & SNES hooked up as well?

My shitty laptop setup after moving

Fourth times a charm?

Yes they are. My setup looked a lot cooler before I had to take part of it down to replace my windows.

Don't have any. I have a big stick instead.

Believe me, my friend, I too love the comfortable homey feel of a room such as yours.

I would have no qualms whatsoever about going right back to my overtly gluttonous, slothful state of being. but societal norms and behavioral expectations demand otherwise. :(

I have no problem hiding my past from the very people I identify most with, though. Oh well...

>no problem hiding
Derp. I meant "no problem revealing"

Been a little over a month. Hello Sup Forums; hope all is well with everyone. No significant changes here.

- I'll bet that vent by your feet is really nice on a cold winter's day.
- Nice clock, and efficient use of a small corner space.
- I *love* how tidy this is. Great job user!
- Cozy with that dim lighting. What kind of music do you work on?
- The room itself has potential, but you haven't really done anything with it so far. So many wires everywhere!
- OK... I would 1) get a real desk, 2) position it on the side wall where the squid is between those two windows. Maybe get a couch or lounge chair for one of the corners. But it depends on what you want to do aesthetically.
- CDs! Decent corner setup.
- I like gummi bears too!
- Looks nice desu. I keep my headphones in a drawer and pull them out when I need them as opposed to having them out all the time.
- Unless you're already used to it, don't go for the standing desk meme. They are prone to failure and are relatively uncomfortable for long periods of time. Despite what people tell you there is nothing wrong with sitting.
- Looks comfilly cluttered.
- Kinda mess desu senpai. But in my earlier days I probably had a station similar to it, but with less weabo stuff.
- Needs cable management, but other than that this looks great and professional.
- Nice guns, but the mess makes it look kinda squalid to be honest. That futon looks comfy though.
- Laptop stations are tough to love, but we've all been forced into them before. Good luck getting a full desktop set up soon user!

>Nice guns, but the mess makes it look kinda squalid to be honest. That futon looks comfy though.
No doubt it was squalid at the time. That is an old picture.
was a current one.

>Cozy with that dim lighting. What kind of music do you work on?
I don't really know how to categorize it, really... A blend of electronic, orchestral, jazz, rock instrumental stuff. I really want to compose scores for soundtracks.

>having your back to the door

That's just asking to get raped.

EXACTLY, thats why i wanna switch it. I swear i've already been penetrated.

>Nixie tubes

Fuckin awesome. If it wasnt for the fact it's only one monitor, i'd say thats the comfiest thing i've seen all day

fucking normie, can't even install debian

Take a new one without dog hair on your knee.

where do you keep your charging station for your quads? mine takes up half of my god damned desk..

Any tips on finding right color for rgb keyboard? No matter which combination I try it's either ugly or just annoying. What is optically best color for readability? Red is supposed to be one according to military but to me it looks like a christmas tree.

rgb anything is a meme

I found a solution: purplish color on very dim seems to create visible contrast but not too heavy on eyes. The issue on my particular keyboard is that the buttons should be more matte but now they are bit shiny (it's Corsair meme mechanical keyboard so I know it's shit please don't mock me).

which keyboard? strafe?

>k65 lux
I was supposed to buy one from keyboardco.com but because I mostly do vidya at home I delayed my purchase and got cherry red memeboard.
I'm going to get either cherry clear or blacks from keyboardco.com though.
keyboardco.com/keyboard/filco-majestouch-2-camouflage-r-tenkeyless-nkr-usa-keyboards.asp
I love tacky shit though.

I mean for work I'm going to get something more professional than memetastic chinese plastic shit.

Never. Dog hair is part of the aesthetic. It's inescapable

So do you buy those to trade or what?

I have seen your room before. However weapons should be inside locked case, you don't have any idea about security or discipline.

>Don't have any.
What? Why?

>Sig P938
Noice.

You look like a sad man living with his mom.
Get your life together.

>However weapons should be inside locked case, you don't have any idea about security or discipline.
You're fucking stupid, you know that?

>excuuuuse me sir nigger burglar, give me a minute to get to my safe, open it and load a magazine, I'll get back to you.

The point of a gun is to be available to use.
And also, if you want to make your room "child safe", you simply have to put the ammo in a safe, without ammo a gun is simply a piece of metal.

No sir, there are laws regarding firearm handling. Let me call police to check your apartment.
I think you are on wrong board as well. Sup Forums is that way

You are a brainlet. No, you are THE brainlet.

You are the reason why Americans shouldn't be allowed to travel abroad. You should stay in your country and surround it with a wall.

r8

So I bought a meshify C that I built in and most of my stuff's pretty quiet but there's all these little generic computer noises that are pretty annoying ever since I put the computer on top of my desk. How do you guys deal with this stuff? I love the look but even if it's pretty quiet, it's so close I hear it all the time.

Collect mainly, I have a few I trade up and have traded-up in the past. Now I'm just saving money to build a house.

Why? I would totally agree with you if I lived in a bad area, but there has been zero crime where I live. The window is barred and the door has multiple locks. l do want to get a nice safe eventually but I don't see the need for it.

Also not to mention that I live in a gated community, have security cameras, have a sensor for my office door that sets off an alarm if opened without permission, all my neighbors have security cameras. I don't advertise I have guns on social media nor have any social media presence, live next door to a fucking FBI agent who is married to a local deputy. I do want to get a safe in the future, but I see zero need for one now.

damn that looks great. I have LEDs on my desk but they only go 100% or nothing so it's too bright for my taste. This is just the perfect brightness I'd want. So soft. Also I'm stealing that white ESC key that makes your keyboard pop.

1/2

forgot to post the other picture but yeah this is me

Faggotry aside that woodgrain is comfy as fuck

Why do you keep the boxes tho

In case i want to move or like the one on the top right is Fucking nice as hell

>tfw there will never be another Deus Ex game made in your lifetime

new picture when

A carpet under your battlestations would make it a lot more comfy desu

top comfy

SWE??

>Not Murican
>Don't have an actual need for one
>Can borrow buddys guns or tag along to the range for fun shootings
Thats why, plus my Jeep takes all my spare money. I wouldn't have enough left over for a proper gun after everything else.

how do you sit without arm rests? I can't even imagine taking them off.

#3dprinterlyfe