Discord Bots

hey Sup Forums

Lets have a discord thread for a bit and see where it goes.

>what's your bots name
>what does your bot do
>what's makes your bot special

>do you have a problem in the code? if so, post it

My problem is this:

ReferenceError: prefix is not defined
at Client.client.on.msg (D:\discord\alice\alice.js:97:28)
at Client.emit (events.js:159:13)
at MessageCreateHandler.handle (D:\discord\node_modules\discord.js\src\client\websocket\packets\handlers\MessageCreate.js:9:34)
at WebSocketPacketManager.handle (D:\discord\node_modules\discord.js\src\client\websocket\packets\WebSocketPacketManager.js:103:65)
at WebSocketConnection.onPacket (D:\discord\node_modules\discord.js\src\client\websocket\WebSocketConnection.js:330:35)
at WebSocketConnection.onMessage (D:\discord\node_modules\discord.js\src\client\websocket\WebSocketConnection.js:293:17)
at WebSocket.onMessage (D:\discord\node_modules\discord.js\node_modules\ws\lib\EventTarget.js:99:16)
at WebSocket.emit (events.js:159:13)
at Receiver._receiver.onmessage (D:\discord\node_modules\discord.js\node_modules\ws\lib\WebSocket.js:141:47)
at Receiver.dataMessage (D:\discord\node_modules\discord.js\node_modules\ws\lib\Receiver.js:389:14)

Any idea why this keeps happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QN_6AZT92pU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

go on the discord.js discord server and ask

I read that as discord botnet.

>discord

lol

>Sup Forums knows coding

Same
OP is a faggot.

Kids are getting taught koding in schools nowadays, gramps. So yeah, is the perfect place for you as it seems you haven't grown up yet.

learn perl and make an irc bot, which is the same and cleaner

I've heard of it but I've never seen it. I think it's some special school.

>irc
>only 4channers use this shit

not really, people worldwide use it and most likely tech people

but hey, you won't be missing much if you wanna keep with your AnimeyS XD and Gaming LOL!!!!

idiot

OP is a faggot shill from Discord.

Use IRC instead.

No, I use discord cause it's easier to talk to people on other than facebook. Don't you lie to me user, you do all that shit too. you're not cool cause you're anonymous

Ignore this fag, he's just mad because his 1337 seekrit klub h4x0r chat protocol had decades to improve and is still stuck in the 80s whilst an alternative with appeal to the dreaded normies takes over.

>node.js
just use normal programming language

>you're not cool cause you're anonymous
You sound weak and jealous. Your information is exposed while mine is secure. When someone is digging through your personal messages, others can only dig through my trash.

>alice
Who the fuck is Alice?

the only languages I hear people talk about 1/2 the time are C C# and unix. I don't know a lot about coding but I'm slowly learning for personal uses.

Just a favorite name of mine is all user

Some people are stuck in the past and they are happy to have what they have, I can't take their happiness away. But they think anytime you talk about a company, it's clearly shill right?

You don't belong in Sup Forums. But you're most likely to be a shill.

It's ok, keep using a platform which doesn't respect your rights but you keep to use anime images. We don't need you on IRC.

we'd rather have friends who are on then check to see if someone came in to say hi once a day. What's it like being lonely all the time user? Sitting there on your computer watching anime, playing OW while eating dorritos and drinking MT Dew?

>Any idea why this keeps happening?
>ReferenceError: prefix is not defined

But it was that's the thing. It was defined. The only thing that fixed the error was to go in and change it back. I wanted to have 2 different prefixes for different things.

This was (supposed to be) a joke I don't know why I expected anyone to get it

Take this thread to Sup Forums, no proprietary software on this board.

Now that you say that, it does ring a bell but I can't remember from where.

>has apple threads
>has windows threads
>has all sorts of hardware and software threads
OK there user

your post makes no sense, you clearly never used irc

That wasn't the point dude. I'm saying that people like him and I would rather use a platform that isn't dead. that had nothing to do with the bot

Ask your Dad, or search Living Next Door to Alice.
As for your actual thread, I'm not sure what miracles you expect from Sup Forums without being able to actually see the code. I'm considering making a bot that simply replies with *autistic screeching* if anyone mentions anything to do with knowing de wey.

IRC is not dead. Just there are no teenagers in the chat rooms. Which is great.

Are you a teenager OP?

I did google it, I'll listen to the song later.
For my thread, yeah I didn't expect anything, wanted to see what would happen

IRC is basic which is likely why you enjoy it, and I can respect a basic simple life. Discord is just cozier. You can make it look and feel like IRC if that's what you want user. Make your own personal discord.

IRC is dead. Nobody has any desire to use a text-only protocol with no decent mobile clients that rely on shitty hacks and workaround to do basic things like presence detection and offline messages.

Enjoy your dying meme network,

You'll come screaming once Discord starts adding advertisements. See you in a few months!

> discord botnet
Are you fucking retarded

Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech advice.

No? People are constantly editing the text and Better Discord exists. A lot of people are actually paying 5 a month too which I never thought I'd see but even if ads get thrown in, people will find a way to turn them off, specially with the amount of people who are into coding and the amount of discords that exist

A network of private computers infected with malicious software and controlled as a group without the owners' knowledge, e.g., to send spam messages.

No its not

yes it is user. It literally does that on a daily basis. /sqt/ /hpg/ /coding/
you wanna try that again

There are several hundred people in python emacs c irc chatrooms. Isnt it good that IRC is such a great brainlet filter? E.g. Manga.madokami uses an irc registration procedure and if you dont configure your client properly you get banned. No brainlets = good community.

> being used by discord
youtube.com/watch?v=QN_6AZT92pU

read the sticky.

Discord is for normies and it works great for them. IRC covers a different niche. Most people have trouble even connecting to an IRC server. Luckily the high entry barriers and containment software such as discord keeps the brainlets out. Its pretty comfy. I love my sekrit club.

>AutoCoon (for The Coon Platoon)
>Sends pepes to chat, settles disputes through random decision, rolls dice, working on Admin tools now
>bc he's mine :)

>I would rather be in a room full of assholes who think they right all the time and no social interaction then be in a room of nice people who are happy to see me cause I'm nice and friendly
enjoy always being alone user

>video
>opens with memes

Opinion discarded.

>go on discord
>Power hungry mods and their fanboys, sluts sucking up to them as well
>Lots of literal kids 12-16yo
>pedos, especially pedo admins looking to get with the underage girls
>Drama and wars between discords, trying to steal users from each other, giving mod to people so they bring over their friends group
>Or a complete reddit circlejerk

The community, outside a few Sup Forums servers is completely toxic

Im happy for you that you found your thing in discord. As for me Im bounded and avoid proprietary software. I hope Riot is going to make it.

By the way, the way you are talking about your social intereactions, how highly you value your daily excourse to discord and how you have to highlight it by comparing to others... Are you empty inside?

>discord cuckoldry

Nah, I just can't get out much cause of my lack of transportation. I just value friendship a lot

Fuck off back to Sup Forums, faggot.

eeew gross Sup Forums

Contrarian faggot

This could have been entirely avoided if IRC was easer to use

>if IRC was easier to use
Find a client, connect to a server, join a channel. When did this become paradox billiards vostroyan roulette 4th dimensional hypercube chess strip poker?

> windows
> discord
Lmao, what the fuck

>Discord

install mumble

>node.js
At least use Python if you wanna program bots for the Discord botnet, you thick piece of shit

>soycord

>what's your bots name
Nice try fucking faggot

>You'll come screaming once Discord starts adding advertisements.
???

>He doesn't block adverts at the firewall/router level
Sup Forums truly is for consumerist normies

Obviously variable prefix is not defined in alice.js on line 97. You most likely fucked up with the scopes in your event handlers or whatever, can't tell more without looking at the code.

I got it user, if that makes you feel any better. I let out exactly 2 hearty keks in fact.

>paradox billiards vostroyan roulette 4th dimensional hypercube chess strip poker
Where do I sign up for that?