Gnome is absolute garbage

>Gnome is absolute garbage
>Unity is dead (good riddance)
>Cinnamon and MATE are bloated and uncustomizable
>KDE is buggy and not very responsive
>Xfeces has barely any features

What's even the point of switching from Windows 7 to Linux? All the options are heinous.

install openbox or bspwm

Everything can be customized and non bloaty If you are good enough. If you are going to complain about everything, why not make your own DE or WM?

Even Xfce that "has no features" has infinitely more features than anything windows has to offer.

What feature is it missing? It does everything a DE should.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>>Xfeces has barely any features
Which useful feature lacks in xfce?

To be honest, of the whole bunch KDE is probably the best, due to the fact that it gives so much freedom and options to the user, instead of taking them away and restricting like fucking Unity and Gnome.

>>Gnome is absolute garbage
Intended for computer novices and kids, if it's not for you modify it or choose another DE
>>Cinnamon and MATE are bloated and uncustomizable
They are bloated like the W7 UI and you can actually customize it more than the W7 UI.
>>KDE is buggy and not very responsiv
KDE is not buggy and is really fast (worked on my machine)
>>Xfce has barely any features
What kind of feature do you want? It can do everything like in Window 7 UI (you can install themes to make it 99%
similar to W7
And next time use the term GNU/Linux, faggot.

No idea what you're talking about, Xfce has been my go-to DE for 2-3 years now, and I haven't found one thing it's lacking in that GNOME might have.

I know gnome is garbage and the devs are assholes but I find it really comfy on debian

weston is usable if you switch super+tab to super+space

it is but but too much ram even with auto login and nautilus a shit

It just werks you dumb nigger.

>>KDE is buggy and not very responsive
This is bullshit. Yes it has been a rocky ride for Plasma 5 but as of the last half year Plasma 5 has been very stable with no issue at all.

The newest plasma on Kubuntu crashes and the session becomes unrecoverable if you're away for a while and the lock screen kicks in

No issues at all my ass

Kubuntu is shit, try Neon.

What exactly do you need that XFCE or an independent program fail to provide you?

KDE is love.

Steps to take:
* i3
* i3bar
* dmenu

Neve look back.

What is up with the single BSD in there?

I'm not a knitpicky brat who complains about tiny shit because I'm capable of appreciating things and having positive perspectives. Then again, I also don't have much against Windows or Apple to begin with, but I would love to run any of those DEs. It's a fantastic blessing to have even a single one. They aren't perfect, but they're worth appreciating.

You can either have bloat or minimalism. However, XFCE has everything anyone could want already included

this.

>Xfce has barely any features
It's more feature rich than anything else using GTK (GNOME, Cinnamon, MATE). It's also the only 100% stable DE, unlike the rest on the list.
>KDE is buggy and not responsive
Anything will be on a sub 4GB RAM PC. Upgrade your shit or start using outdated software.

Neon is buggier. I used it for 3 months and it crashed at least 4 times/month with it's default settings.

^This unironically

Install enlightenment

I'm using i3 and dmenu and it's not terrible.
Still having issues with some applications that scale perfectly in gnome that aren't scaling in i3.
Also using touchscreen doesn't hide cursor.

Then don't switch. Go rice your Winbox instead. If you care what interfaces look like you really should go Applel for everything because muh fashion.

If you don't need Linux distros then don't use them.

Neon is shit, try Gentoo.

How the fuck is mate bloated? It runs really well even on mi Pi. Just use openbox or a tilling WM at this point for fucks sake.

When you're using Linux you either use a window manager and have a completely difference experience or you stick to Windows/OSX since all Linux's DEs suck hard.

>it's not perfect so it's bad
>imperfect things are pointless and have no place in the world
Do a flip faggot.

I like gnome. I would use xfce though, but i have an nvidia gpu so no vsync.

>Ganno/Loonix
calling it Linux is perfectly fine, fuckoff and kys retard

It obviously isn't when people keep claiming android isn't linux.

Does anyone here have experience with DWM? I used i3 for a few months, but I gave up because it was too buggy (programs would behave incorrectly; some programs caused the WM to hang)

>KDE is not very responsive
When's the last time you use KDE? KDE5 is pretty good in terms of performance... but still really buggy.

I have heard this before and I've never gotten an answer about what features XFCE is missing. I'm not sure that there's anything that KDE has that XFCE doesn't.

>>They are bloated like the W7 UI and you can actually customize it more than the W7 UI.

You don't even understand how fast a direct winapi call is compared to your MATE->GTK->XORGSERVER.

>Kubuntu
found your problem

>KDE is buggy
Get a GPU that has proper Linux drivers, pretty much all random crashes and memory leaks stopped when I switched from NVIDIA with proprietary drivers to an AMD card supported by amdgpu. Animation and window resize/movement lag also disappeared.

>Kubuntu
That shit managed to break more than my fucking Arch install, stay away from it. Plasma works great on Arch, and people say that Neon is good too, but I've never tried it.

It's buggy on Intel too.

>KDE has a dependency on Mesa's undefined behavior

Install Lumina, faggot.

I liked KDE3, KDE4 started shoving features up my ass so I went back to Fluxbox.