How do you know when it's time to reformat your computer?

How do you know when it's time to reformat your computer?

p.s. Is "reinstalling windows" and "reformatting" the same thing?

I dunno op, install gentoo.

I don’t do either.

>p.s. Is "reinstalling windows" and "reformatting" the same thing?
mfw

the absolute state of Sup Forums

a thread died for this

how old are you

why would i do that? the only non GNU/Linux machine i have runs win7 and its been installed since 2011

fuck you, get off my board

whenever windows wont boot

why are windows users so messy?

I reformat when I get new hardware or if the system gets buggered by malware

>p.s. Is "reinstalling windows" and "reformatting" the same thing?

depends on how you use the meaning. But technically, "reinstalling windows" means install windows on a hard drive again. Whether you format the hard drive or just delete windows is up to you, but normally reformatting the hard drive is preferred.

Reformatting can imply reinstall of the windows OS but technically it means just that, to reformat the hard drive.

And incase you really are so brain dead that you dont know what reformat means, its when you clear the whole drive cluster by cluster and set up a new file system type on it. Not necessarily one meant for windows os.

I only answered this because i was bored..

>>/sqt/

Try installing gentoo

never
just run sfc and chkdsk every day

You need to 'reformat' windows as soon as you get a new computer. You need to 'reformat' it with gentoo to make sure everything gets fixed

good, it was probably a shit spam thread or just another thread just like this one

you can shrink your window partition and reformat the free space without uninstalling or deleting anything at all.
on windows 10 theres an option to "refresh" which reinstall windows without deleting or reformatting anything

>without deleting or reformatting anything
kind of defeats the purpose if you ask me.

When basic functionality like windows update refuses to work.
Maybe next time i reinstall intel gpu drivers wont cause a 30 second delay on explorer context menus.

>on windows 10 theres an option to "refresh" which reinstall windows without deleting or reformatting anything
Actually there's an option to delete everything and when it does this it actually reformats the windows partition and reinstalls it.

>not carefully picking software you actually need, not using portable versions whenever possible, not using autoruns.exe to forcefully remove all the garbage from startup, not manually examining and disabling every unnecessary service / component from the os and from every 3rd-party piece of software, not using cclearner etc. and using supermegaencrypted gnu/linux vm for casual web browsing / animey pedoshit viewing on top and storing logins in a random microsd card through steganogrpahy embed in some random file as an encrypted 7z archive

btw it's also funny because pirated adobe programs thru ccmaker autopatched with amtemu don't install and run quadrillion (((cloud))) / node.js based / DRM checking services by default and you save like 400 MB of RAM at least

Here is what you do:
1. move all icons on desktop to recycling bin
2. delete all Icons from the task bar

on second thought, you have the SnipIt-Tool clipped to your task bar.
I'm sorry but you can't be helped. Consider to live without any technology from now on.

wat