Besides muh botnet, which one of these two is better and why?

Besides muh botnet, which one of these two is better and why?

debian = customization and stable, can pci passthrough for games if youre not a brainlet

macos = botnet and locked down and not all that stable, dont listen to the shills it blows ass

debian is nicer but macOS has better third-party software support

Which ever you prefer to use is the better one.

>debian = ricing and muh video games

>macos = bullshit I made up because MUH VIDEO GAMES

Debian is vastly superior as a server, for virtualization, for gaming (yes, really), in terms of security, or if your workflow leans heavily on terminals and CLI/TUI/daemons. MacOS is better if you need proprietary clickybuttans software for artistic stuff.

>not that stable
My Ryzentosh works perfectly and I thought AMD would be less stable than Intel. No crashes. Also Sierra is much more stable and doesn't have the exploits found on High Sierra. Also, Mac OS is very customizable if you use a tiling WM. I had to correct your misinformation.

I agree. People should use what they want, not listen to Sup Forums shills. Sup Forums will shill anything. Mac OS, GNU/Linux, Plan 9 From Bell Labs, Windows, etc. Surprisingly I don't see people from the BSD community shilling their OS as much or almost at all. They seem to be cool people that don't make threads everyday about BSD and shit-post why BSD is superior.

BSD shills were flooding Sup Forums for almost a decade after Ubuntu made Linux accessible to near-normies. They shut up recently, probably because the BSDs still don't have Meltdown patches so the muh security hype goes the other way now.

bump

osx of course

>for gaming (yes, really)

lol

man, back when i was looking into linux about a year ago, EVERYONE was shilling the fuck out of Arch and whatever, and whenever anyone would mention Debian, they'd get shit on. Now all of a sudden Debian has been notably mentioned as a viable distro about 20 times since i came here tonight. I'm curious what changed.

No more Archbux

>two monitors, two GPUs
>dedicate one of each to a Windows VM
>game without messing with Debian
Alternatively, Linux has more AAAs than MacOS these days due to better GPU availability.

Yeah because Debian isn't botnet considering systemd has 2 million lines of unaudited code and ties to nsa as well. You're better off using closed source for convenience or use a systemd free Linux. Don't be that fag that supports systemd but talks shit on every other os because you're os is just as shitty

> AAA
Into the trash it goes

that explains it

OS X 10.4 is amazing on the old PowerPC Macs if you're doing some basic programming and shitposting. I use it all the time on my G4 Quicksilver and a couple of PowerBooks. Classic Mac OS (as in OS 9 and earlier) isn't really that great, and you can run it as an application on the early versions of OS X for PPC so you can have backwards app compatibiltiy. Debian on PPC is pretty good in that it has more support for recent applications, and it still gets security updates. If you want to use your PPC Macs for real work in current year and you don't want to play around with source based stuff like Gentoo, Debian is the way to go.

If you're using an x86 Mac that isn't supported by the latest version of OS X or that has less than 4GB of RAM and no SSD, then Debian, Fedora, or OpenSUSE are good distros to use, or you can hackintosh your Mac to install the latest version of OS X, though the driver situation can be a pain you have to use Clover still for best results. For the ones still supported by OS X, just use that.

>MacOS
>Botnet

You are a special kind of stupid

openSUSE, Fedora.
Don't install toys or shit

>two monitors, two GPUs
>dedicate one of each to a Windows VM
>game without messing with Debian
Is this achievable without proprietary blobs? If no, what's the least proprietary way of achieving this?

That one who suits to your need, of course.
I need to use VSTs, Ableton and Sibelius, so I can't go cucknux fulltime.