The following packages have unmet dependencies:

libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 : Depends: libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386 (>= 10.0.2) but it is not going to be installed or
libwayland-egl1:i386
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

Oh god no how to solve this

Other urls found in this thread:

...archlinux.iso
lmgtfy.com/?q=apt view held packages
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

install plan9

>Sup Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.
You didn't even tell us the distro

From the error message it loss like Debian-derivative, but my crystal ball is falling me today so I'm not sure

I'm using ubuntu

Yea it's likely debian-derivative but obviously Debian and Ubuntu handle their repositories a bit differently

you have held broken packages.
apt held

I tried to install a program that needs the following dependencies:
libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libgtk2.0-0:i386 libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 libsdl2-image-2.0-0:i386 libfreetype6:i386 libcurl3:i386

But when I tried to install them it gave me this error:
libgtk2.0-0:i386 : Depends: libatk1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.32.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:i386 (>= 2.22.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libglib2.0-0:i386 (>= 2.41.1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpango-1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.28.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpangocairo-1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.28.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpangoft2-1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.28.3) but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: libgtk2.0-bin:i386
libsdl2-2.0-0:i386 : Depends: libwayland-egl1-mesa:i386 (>= 10.0.2) but it is not going to be installed or

Help please

Thats what you get for going with something ancient.
You should have installed arch or antergos you faggot

Why are you fucking using i386 packages in the first place?
You're probably not set up for multi-arch.
Don't just google that before you set it up, really think about what you're doing and whether you REALLY need to do that first.

First, update your repositories and try again.
Sometimes i386 and amd64 packages with cross dependencies or conflicts are out of sync for a few minutes while the repos are being updated.

Use aptitude. It will suggest conflict resolutions.

If it still fails:
Did you mix repositories (like stable + unstable) by any chance? Try to avoid that
Check with "apt-show-versions"

>First, update your repositories and try again
Same error
>Use aptitude
It suggested me to: "Leave the following dependencies unresolved" and it listed a shit ton of packages including my wm, youtube-dl, stuff like that. What should I do here?
>apt-show-versions
For some of my packages it says: "Newer version than the one in the archive"

I tried to install a game that needs 32 bit packages

curl ...archlinux.iso -o autist.iso
dd if=autist.iso of=/dev/sda BS=1B

>sdl
>depends on wayland
AHAHAHAHA
freedesktop nazis did it again
get cucked, we're "gently pushing" this shit whether you like it or not, unix boiiis

Also, I have some i386 packages installed and used by wine for example, so what am I doing wrong here?

>you have held broken packages
It's telling you exactly how you manually fucked it up. Unhold the broken packages, and then stop fucking with things you know nothing about.

Also, here is the complete error:
Note, selecting 'libasound2-data' instead of 'libasound2-data:i386'
libasound2-data is already the newest version (1.1.0-0ubuntu1).
libasound2:i386 is already the newest version (1.1.0-0ubuntu1).
libasound2:i386 set to manually installed.
libasound2-plugins:i386 is already the newest version (1.1.0-0ubuntu1).
libasound2-plugins:i386 set to manually installed.
libc6:i386 is already the newest version (2.23-0ubuntu9).
libcurl3:i386 is already the newest version (7.47.0-1ubuntu2.5).
libfreetype6:i386 is already the newest version (2.6.1-0.1ubuntu2.3).
libfreetype6:i386 set to manually installed.
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

libgtk2.0-0:i386 : Depends: libatk1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.32.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libgdk-pixbuf2.0-0:i386 (>= 2.22.0) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libglib2.0-0:i386 (>= 2.41.1) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpango-1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.28.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpangocairo-1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.28.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: libpangoft2-1.0-0:i386 (>= 1.28.3) but it is not going to be installed
Recommends: libgtk2.0-bin:i386

sudo apt-mark unhold libgtk2.0-0:i386
libgtk2.0-0:i386 was already not hold.

Then that's not the package you need to unhold

How can I find out what packages I have to unhold?

lmgtfy.com/?q=apt view held packages

It shows none.

It looks like you tried to install some 32bit packages for some stupid shit and ended up pulling in huge chunks of the 32bit repo and have been installing packages from it that you shouldn't have.

Unless you have a good understanding of apt and a lot of time to kill, consider your system hosed and reinstall without pulling in an entire other repo

>give yourself a valid reason in why the fuck you are using i386 packages
># apt-get autoremove $program
># ln -s lib_in_your_system lib_required_by_$program
>symlinks will break dependency cycle but won't guarantee $program to work
>if $program not working then go to your distro repos and manually wget each dependecy into the correct folder, or create a script that does that.
>???
>masturbate
>profit

that's why people here think arch is a meme. Because of people like you reinstalling the entire fucking system over a normal newbie fuck up.

Learn from your mistakes and understand your machine, so maybe you won't break everything on the first pacman update crying back on mamabuntu

Okay guys I uninstalled that shit game I tried to play, but do I have anything else to do to revert back to normal? Everything else seems to work okay, only installing these 32-bit packages won't work. So, what should I do now?

I mean, do I have unused or corrupted packages now, cause apt autoremove removes nothing? Also, sorry for my autism, I don't really understand how things work yet.

Recommending a reinstall to somebody who has no idea what they're doing is perfectly sane. He broke his system and he is clearly unwilling to do the necessary research to fix it himself or he wouldn't be here. Telling someone like OP to "learn from his mistakes" is just going to result in him breaking his system even more and then coming back here again to make more useless threads.

You should uninstall literally every 32-bit package you have installed and then remove the repo you got them from. At that point, you're probably going to be missing a bunch of shit because you've been accidentally installing the 32-bit versions of packages for a while now.

I checked all the packages I installed today and removed them. I didn't add any additional repos.

I searched for like 3 hours before I posted here, none of the solutions listed on the net worked, so I was thinking why not ask here, some folks are really helpful sometimes.

Right now I checked in synaptic and have no 32-bit packages installed on my system

So, update again and see what happens.

Nothing, but I can't install shit now. Oh well, It's been 2 years since I fucked up last time.