PSA: Massive GPU Price Hike Incoming!

WTF is happening here?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883152262
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

people keep buying the fucking things even with price hikes, get used to it user.

This is getting unreal.

Instead of investing in Bitcoin, maybe I should have invested in GPUs.

Crypto miners. Same shit happened back in 2012/13. If you have GTX 900 or R9 300 or higher, its good time to sell now. I sold my GTX 970 for 530$ few weeks ago.

Miners are using them to control mining robots in VR or some shit.

>tfw purchased GTX 970 for $190 off ebay two months ago

>could sell my vega for $1000 right now

This is fucking ridiculous when I was a Sup Forumsirgin 10 years ago you could get a high end gaming rig for $1000 and now the GPU alone costs just as much, combined with retarded RAM prices you need like $2000 today

>my GTX 970 is starting to artifact
Timing couldn't have possibly been worse

>mfw got my gpu right before shit hit the fan
loving every laugh

> have rx580 8gb
> miners willing to pay 2x what I paid for it.
The world in the palm of my hand

ETHniggers
when will they learn

Oh, on the contrary my friend.
You've just earned $530

Now they need to find a way to mine on consoles and effectively kill gayming in the process

for real. i bought a couple a few months ago to mine eth and i've just about paid them off. but i would have made more money faster if i'd just sold the cards themselves.

Estimation for retailer restock?

Sell it on ebay. It can probably still mine.

They're only going for $250 which is what I paid two years ago

How hard would it be for a game publisher to publish a mining client? I don't mean sneak a client inside a real game, I mean just sell the client as a standalone program, but go through all of the processes necessary for it to run on official Xbox hardware? Since most of those clients are GPL I don't think there could be anything stopping someone from doing that. They could still sell a copy for $50, too.

>1000 USD
Fuck man, I remember when the rx vegas were inflated to like twice the price. Cryptonigger ban when?

>just googled "1060" on ebay
>my 1060 costs $100 more than it did when I bought it

If I didn't need this thing to render gamecube games... yeah... yeah, I'd sell.

> Sold my meme vega 56 for $800
> Bought a 1080 for MSRP $550
You just have to know where to look. I ordered the 1080 a couple of days ago. I had two 1070s set for delivery but cancelled them as I didn't want deal w/ the hassle of carrying them to market on ebay.

PSA : Don't pay over MSRP. Retailers and smart people will rape the shit out of you like I did some dumbass miner.

>ban when?
Not soon enough. Fucking tired of these assholes keeping me on a 7950.

No fucking way
>mfw a 1060 on ebay is $300

So at this point, isn't it even profitable to buy prebuilts with those GPUs (like ones with RX 580 or GTX 1070), scrap them and earn more money?

I mean, look at this:

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883152262
Intel Core i5 6th Gen 6400 (2.70 GHz), 8 GB DDR4, 1 TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB GDDR5 for $989

Just in ram and gpu you have $1k and that considering you just toss the rest (PSU, case, Motherboard, CPU, HDD) to the garbage.

Sup Forums scrappers when?

Buy the fucking card off Nvidia's website when it is in stock or from a retailer selling it for MSRP.

>from a retailer selling it for MSRP
>MSRP
This fucking guy.

>EVGA GeForce GTX 1060
>$599.19

Do i need to screen cap my order?
Buy directly from nvidia or a less frequented retailer that charges MSRP. If you want, flip that shit to fuckface miners on ebay for the crackhead prices they're willing to pay.

Chinese new year is coming dumb fuk. The chinese stopped working your tech starting now if you're lucky, some stopped working since xmas.

P.s chinese

Also an extra advice, the come back at the end of feb and start restocking tech at march and july/aug is where you get abundant of stock and cheaper at the same time unless your greedy fuck retailer hoards the shit for the next cycle.

Sorry for shitty english but have a good tech shortage new year guai lo.

Import lads. Still super cheap in Europe for example.

no way lol I got one for free

The 5k iMac is increasingly looking like a bargain.

Same desu, love Amazon fuck ups.

actually I got a computer with a 960 replaced on warranty and they didn't have any 960s around so they just put a 1060 in

>googled
>on ebay

>bought the raden 580 8bg for 200 on amazon in april
>699 on newegg
goyim????

You lost no money but gained 2 years of use?
I fail to see the issue.

>this kills the gamer
The mining boom is a bless

Tfw bought R9 Nano in 2016 in a sale and can sell it for the same price as i bought it for.

I guess I got a good deal

>boom
You mean bubble?

Shit my 1080 fe is going for 3 times the price I paid for it.

Makes me think I should sell it and grab a ti when the bubble pops.

When will the cryptocurrency meme end lads?

its the same thing

When people from third world stop migrating to first world or when gov stop taking taxes for every few ten thousand you bring out of a country. Which ever comes first.

The issue is that he can't buy any cards for that price.

And it doesn't even cover the markup.

Hopefully soon, want the cypto market to tank and all these niggers to loose their money. Make GPU's affordable again.

>people keep buying the fucking things even with price hikes, get used to it user.
This. If people purchase items during every price hike. That price becomes the new price that the market is willing to bare.

In the first run it crashed because ASIC's could mine Bitcoins better than GPU's. Altcoins were less in demand back then so ASIC resistant coins did not take off. This time around the market has changed somewhat. Altcoins are on the rise and GPU mining has become more profitable. It's also easier to exchange for Bitcoins and cash out than it used to be. Expect this to continue until governments crack down it worldwide.

fug, id really want a r9 nano for my linux build, at least i got a rx 460 that'll hold me over this mining bullshit.

guess I'm not upgrading

Uhh, repair it?

>let me just desolder these ram chips and possibly the gpu

They are all sold out here though.

Feels good man

3.5GB

THREE POINT FIVE GIGABYTES

>bought AN MSI 1070 with an EK waterblock pre-installed
TFW I can't cash in on the stupid.

Literally bought that power color red dragon Rx 580 in the pic for $288 in December. Now it's $700. Wtf.

soon, they're all pivoting to proof-of-stake, so mining will take a big hit

Buy an artic accelero gpu air cooler and install it onto the graphics card.

Spoken like a true jealous nocoiner

Bought an 11GB 1080 TI for €850 from a local retailer early december.
Sold my 2+ year old Palit Jetstream 970 on kikebay for €220 last week.

>sell 1060 6GB for a little more than I bought it
>buy second hand 980ti
>get 1070's performance and even buy a Sup Forums pass to shitpost

Just start mining yourself
then you can afford more GPUs :)

For real. I got a new RX 480 for $169.99 on Newegg during a sale in December 2016. I bought it just to benchmark and test AMDGPU-Pro for a hobby. I sold it for $350 in June 2017.

Get a water cooler for it (artic has one for 80$), once i put a watercooler on my 980ti i was able to reach 1550mhz and now im getting performance similar to a 1080. Also try overclocking the memory to at least 4.2ghz, it helps a lot with keeping the gpu fed. Now i'm able to run anything maxed out at 4k 60fps high settings, as long as anti aliasing is off (not needed at 4k anyway).

First I have to scam someone with the 1060, I will try to mine etherum with it while I'm on it.

Just put up a feebay listing or sell it to gullible ledditors on hardwareswap.

at this point I'll borrow money to buy a prebuilt instead of waiting till February to get paid. Probably gonna be 20% more by then

I'm in the same position..
Can't really sell it though, since I have nothing to use instead and all the other cards have gone up in price. So it's not really put me (and you) at that much of an advantage.

What levels do you suggest pushing an MSI 980 Ti 6G to in Afterburner?

ppl have been talking about moving to PoS since 2011...

>tfw cancelled my rx 480 order that I got for 280CAD before shit happened.

I coulda made 1000's.

>I can't sell my GPU for profit because I'm forced to play video games

When one component costs more than a high-end PC, there's a problem.

I am a poor fag from a third world country and saved money for the entirety of 2017, I just got to be able to afford the Gtx 1060 and the prices rise.

Until when should I wait to buy? All I want is to render 3D stuff. I don't want to buy overpriced GPUs though. The prices are the equivalent of two hundred above the price of 2017 Q1

I got good results with +10mV and 1550mhz on the core and 4250mhz on the memory. Note this is with a watercooler on a very well binned gpu (Zotac 980ti amp extreme) with excellent power delivery, so these settings definitely will not work on a air cooled card (really dont try these setting on your card it wont handle it).

You cant really copy someone's overclocking settings even for the same graphics card in the same configuration because each gpu has its own limits (an example is my two 980ti amp extremes, one wasnt able to hit 1450mhz on air even with +35mV while the other hit 1500mhz on air no problem with +10mV), instead i will suggest how to best overclock your 980ti. One thing that will immensely help with overclocking is to get a good watercooler since these cards overclock poorly if they run above 60 degrees C, even a 120mm rad will achieve this. Get MSI afterburner and slowly increase the core clock by 10mhz while running a benchmark like unigine, once you see artifacts you first try raising the voltage (don't go over 25mV as it will give diminishing returns while slowly harming the card), if increasing voltage does not resolve the artifacts or crashing then lower the clock speed by 10mhz and you have found your overclock. Now memory is much simpler, just increase the memory by 50mhz until you see artifacts in the benchmark, then you lower the mem by 50mhz and you have found your overclock.

>supply and demand

>people use to pay 250 then supply is limited and people are willing to way more

Eventually it will normalize aka the new high prices will be the standard

Buy used man, im sure there are some GTX 970 and 980 cards you can find for cheap that run just as well as a 1060. If all you need is 3d render just get a gtx 460 or 560 for like 50$, it will serve you surprisingly well.

I bought a 1070 for $650aud a month ago same gpu is now $800 from the same place.

If you have any examples of these retailers who sell at MSRP I would love to hear of them. Otherwise I'm just going to buy it on my credit card and use the 60 day price protection to hopefully price match to one of these retailers who aren't selling them for ridiculous prices.

Who said Im not investing?

Should have got a used 980ti

And for some time I've almost regret buying my 2x EVGA 1080 ti hybrid

Luckily, for the games I play, my GTX 770 still works just fine. My monitor is 1440p60hz so I'm sure that if I had a 4k or 120hz/144hz monitor then it would be struggling but for now it's sufficient. I can probably make it through another 2-3 years without upgrading and when I do I'll end up building a whole new PC and getting a new monitor along with it. Hopefully the crypto bubble will have popped by then and prices come back down to earth.

Got 16 GB of ram a year an a half ago for what 4 GB sells for now. I hear you user.

Why has RAM gone up in price so drastically?

New standard lets the cartel move prices up. Then a lot of the production is sunk into low capacity units for OEMs. DDR4 should only be sold as 8 or 16GB modules but they shit out tiny ones nobody uses.

Smart phones
They use the same DDR4 RAM
and every Normie McFaggot needs to have the latest "flagship" phone to impress people he doesn't even like

ram cartels

great, so it's like the change from ddr2 to ddr3 all over again....

¿Volta will be priced normally, right?

Just buy a fucking Alienware if you want to play video games Jesus Christ

I have 18 rx 580 8gbs, 6x3 setup. Paid 250$ for each. its in my hands not yours, pleb.

Let us know when you have the cash in hand from your mining Mr. Emperor with no clothes.

Already cashed out 1/4 at 900~ 1/4 at 1200. I started mining when it was 13$ this year. Oh, and im wearing clothes.

dGPUs for gaming purposes are on their way out anyway. Raven Ridge style processors are the future, and dGPUs will be relegated to industry workstations and get-rich-quick suckers like these miners.

Past year* early febs