Blackberry 10 is dying, m8s. Today whatsapp officially stopped working on all BB10 devices...

Blackberry 10 is dying, m8s. Today whatsapp officially stopped working on all BB10 devices. My only resort is to use the crummy .apk version.
Are there any viable operating systems alternatives to Android or iOS?
I don't get the appeal of buying a premium phone with top security and having it run something as plebian as android or ios.

Other urls found in this thread:

sailfishos.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sailfishos.org
Bunch of phones run it and it can run Android apps.

how are android and ios plebian? why are you even worried about how patrician your phone os is? what do you need that they don't offer you?

Stop being a fat contrarian and embrace android.

Android is trash though

because android is shit and ios is ios. Only android phone I was considering was the pixel and even then I'm kind of hesitant.
I just can't stomach ios and their fraud ways.

>I don't get the appeal of buying a premium phone with top security and having it run something as plebian as android or ios.

it's almost like you can install whatever on your android

let's say if I buy an android phone and install sailfish os will the hard keys work as intended?

return len(string)

Seriously, why would anyone want this over an iPhone, Samsung, Google etc. Is it literally just for the physical keys and (I'm guessing) slightly better battery life?

>I don't get the appeal of buying a premium phone with top security and having it run something as plebian as android or ios.
Implying that bb10 ever attained "most secure phone os" ever?
>be blackberry
>meme how secure your bb10 os is over the other mobile os
>switch to android after professional audits prove that bb10 security is trash

I just took the iPill.
iOS is pretty good

If you want a Blackberry phone in AD 2017, the Keyone still remains the most solid choice.
>Android
>great physical keyboard
>physical keyboard gestures
>excellent stock utility programs
>superb battery life

Why would you get a pixel when it's an iPhone running Android?

Note 8 is unironically the best android phone this year, maybe oneplus 5T if you're on a budget.

The Passport is still the most aesthetic

What's wrong with the .apk version?

Not op but I can't send any pictures.

Android is shit
BB10 is addictive AF

Is the Passport had made it out just 2-3 years earlier man ... how Samsung and Nokia gave up on this form factor just blows my mind

Bigger screen.
You could fit a 5.5 inch screen into the same size device which is worth the trade off as you can minimise your shitty touch keyboard for much more content viewing space.

i miss my old nokia n73

also rip webos

TRUE MULTITASKING OS

Psst OP, BB Q20 and SailfishX owner here.
What do you search in the realm of smartphones? There is no life between heaven and hell, only suffering.

Consider the Blackberry Motion.

You'll need Whatsapp? Then using Android is your only alternative.

It has lots of nice and welcome software features by Blackberry, a massive battery, is sturdy and just secure.

Just run it with the fixer user
Who cares

I'm considering it.

Better OS, physical keyboard, keyboard trackpad, aesthetic as fuck

>which is worth the trade off
4u

>consider the only Blackberry that doesn't have a physical keyboard
He will miss the literally best feature of Blackberry phone.