Be American

>be American
>best universities and hospitals on earth
>4.9% unemployment tons of high paying jobs
>university graduates make 70k+ starting and $25/h during internships
>can own guns
>houses still affordable for the average person, assuming you don't live in NYC or San Francisco
>strong currency
>wide variety of biomes to live in, deserts, mountains, plains, forested areas, ect...
>ultra-low cost of living relative to other developed nations
>if you fuck up you can just join the army and get a fat pension in 20 years and free education

Other urls found in this thread:

thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/11/05/North-Dakota-Oil-Jobs-10-Highest-Paying-Positions
fafsa.ed.gov
money.cnn.com/2015/04/28/pf/college/ivy-league-low-income-students/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Please, come join.
>hurr durr america not white
Oh, I'm sorry you took a trip to NYC and LA.

Moving back to Europe soon.

I'll trade places with you, Logan

Greatest ally 2bh

It's nice, but everywhere with good paying jobs is expensive as fuck so your commute ends up being a big part of your day unless you can afford to live nearby.

That's not true in North Dakota for instance you could land a 200k+ job as a petroleum engineer pretty easily with a shitty 4 year degree and still be paying shit in living costs. State tax is also pretty much non-existent too.

Texas it's the same deal but you're not in the middle of nowhere. A friend of mine opened his own dentistry practice down there and is paying half as much to live and making twice what he made up here.

>Baiting this hard

Almost got me to respond

>70k+ starting
wew
>$25/h during internships
wew
>houses still affordable for the average person,
wew
wew, why are u comparing the US to developed nations?

Those are all true though, money and cost of living is the two things we're good at

> land a 200k+ job as a petroleum engineer pretty easily with a shitty 4 year degree

What planet do you live on.

But you have to live in North Dakota.

It was true like 2 years ago, but in the past year the North Dakota oil boom has died down a bit.

>university graduates make 70k+ starting and $25/h during interships

Where are you from and where are you now?

What's so hard to believe? Anyone who doesn't succeed here is a fuckup.
>b-but it costs a lot to live in the most expensive cities in the country
Ok, then.

That isn't the best part of being American. The best part of being American is being descended from the original British colonists and getting pissed off at each wave of immigrants that come over here every year and shooting people.

That's fairly common during boom times here, they're all unemployed now though

*every generation

>Higher poverty levels than even poverty 3rd world cunts

I highly doubt earning 200k with a bachelor's degree is common at any point in history.

Maybe if your in a project leader role with tons of experience, no way you get that kind of salary as a guy starting out, not even close.

You are completely correct unless you happened to live in North Dakota 2 years ago.

>be half WASP whose ancestors have been in VA and WV since the 1680s
>other half is Midwestern bohunk krautslav
I wish I knew that feel.

as said nobody fucking makes 70k right off the bat but if you networked and did internships then you can probably start at like 50k with a good degree.

the first two are exaggerations but don't entirely miss it if you are smart, the second two are mostly true.

Are you saying the averages from this article are incorrect?

thefiscaltimes.com/Articles/2013/11/05/North-Dakota-Oil-Jobs-10-Highest-Paying-Positions

>The data come from Rigzone and are averages based on total annual compensation, including overtime and incentive pay. Though the data are calculated using industry figures from around the country, we only included positions that can be found in North Dakota’s oil patch.

US unemployment number is pimped and twisted to the point of being completely laughable- the real figure is mid-upper teens. that starting salary and internship figures for uni grads only apply to being in finance, which is an unredeemable, scumbag profession. maybe houses are affordable...to rent...you should know how it feels to have housing bubbles too leafboy and millennials are in the shitter as homeowners. the other points i'm mostly ok with as stated

You forgot
>muh 62%
>muh income inequality
>muh student loans
And most importantly
>muh healthcare

>1. Drilling Consultant: $238,697

>at least five to 10 years experience in the oil field.

Or you could start in a trade and make $20/hr at age 18.

>5-10 years of experience

>muh 62%
Insulate yourself
>muh income inequality
So?
>>muh student loans
So?
>And most importantly
>muh healthcare
Again... so?

None of that matters if you're not a fuckup.

>$25/h internships
I wish

oh wait I am not , I did not read the part about right out of college. My first post was , where I read bachelor degree. screenshot for proof.

calm down hans you can be in le epic american education screenshot post too

thanks desu

I've personally never met any engineering working as a consultant that isn't in his 40s, they are typically experienced enough to operate independently and can thus charge outrages rates.

Do you really not know what that map is of? You cannot be this stupid.

dammit i took the shitty bait

>70k starting

Is that really the median or mean starting salary for university graduates in america?

in the UK 35K is an above average starting salary for university graduates

are you talking about one particular job or company ? I doubt 70k could be considered the average for university graduates with an undergrad degree.

Good

>best universities and hospitals
Yes, and no. Best hospitals for the horrendously wealthy, but if you're horrendously wealthy, you have the best hospitals anyway. Otherwise enjoy the markup, and the weasel like insurance.
>4.9% unemployment, tons of high paying jobs
Just wait till a right winger gets in the white house, and the latter is true of any first world country. The problem is getting those jobs whilst actually being qualified for them instead of a kissass.
>university graduates make 70k+ starting and $25/h during internships
Mostly no, and definitely no. Everyone earning that much out of university automatically is amazingly cunning, or probably didn't need university in the first place. The US is the nation that invented unpaid internships; the only person that's ever actually benefitted from those is the asshole from VICE, who gets away with that shit because he's cynical and usually right on other stuff.
>Can own guns
This is true, and awesome. Washington is the only state with a half decent balance between left and right on the matter though, and that's only because people are too busy drinking coffee or committing suicide. Everyone else is either prohibition, or on the verge of pulling a columbine because why not.
>houses still affordable for the average person
Also true
>strong currency
Compared to who? The UK have done every concievable think to make their currency weaker other than change to golem standard, and it's still stronger than the US.
>wide variety of biomes to live in, deserts, mountains, plains, forested areas, ect...
Why places like Phoenix even exist wigs me the fuck out, but yes. Forest > all though, with mountains a close second.
You get basic stuff quite cheap, but completely fucked over if you want anything halfway decent. Internet is a great example of this. Before google fiber existed, did the government use any of those anti trust laws?
>last point
Hmmm..

I just have to call out wrong statements.

My uncle is an engineering consultant and yes, he makes a shitload of cash when he has work.

Keeping together the money you earn seems to be a much more important skill than earning a lot of dosh, though.

washington is pretty fucked fám, especially seattle

I'm not going there to clean your toilets, sharter
nice try though

I don't think that's the median

No worries, seems the same thing happened in North Dakota as in Norway. Retarded salaries out of control costing people jobs.

I will never take a job on oil ever again.

please explain

I get that the image is just showing light pollution but I don't see what the bait is

you're retarded man wtf literally wtf

200k was actually a figure of speech- but I guess I'm not technically wrong being that I never said starting salary. I only mentioned the prerequisite being easily attainable (4 yr degree).

But yeah the US is by far the best place to live if you have a skill and want to make money. That's why we're so successful in getting skilled people in on h1b visas. Norway is great too I suppose but your cost of living is insane.

unemployment is only at 4.9% because Obongo is giving jobs such as literally holding a sign to people as well as just taking a shitton of people out of the workforce after a while. Its realistically around 10%

>Washington is the only state with a half decent balance between left and right on the matter though
lol not at all

>Everyone else is either prohibition, or on the verge of pulling a columbine because why not.
this is objectively false, as a counter example look at New Hampshire. Some of the most free gun laws in the country but rock-bottom gun violence

In my opinon stuff like AWBs that are just feel-good measures are complete bullshit, and all CCW should be shall issue unless you are mentally unstable, and should be like a drivers license.

>Compared to who?
most of the world m80

>Washington is fucked

Wait, why? If I made a list with fucked states, washington would not be high on the list. It's not missouri, florida, or texas, it isn't near the bible belt and meth isn't hurting it too badly as far as I remember, nor is it extremely forgettable.

kek what was your job in oil, and what do you do now

on the subject of engineering here in the US if you network and do internships properly any engineering job is great, I don't know how it is in other countries.

>backpedaling

Washington isn't fucked but its good laws are under assualt by the large amount of hyper libs there and they do have a big drug problem as most Canadian border states do.

>Why places like Phoenix even exist wigs me the fuck out
Fuck you Britbong, the desert is a based biome. Everything is clean, year round warm weather with no humidity, unlimited solar power, and miles upon miles of open land with all the freedom a human could possibly need.

Phoenix shouldn't exist, but desert life is best. I plan on retiring to Santa Fe.

>best unis and hospitals
Yes and no. We have some of the best, but a lot of ours are also shit.
>tons of high paying jobs
Depends on what part of the country you're in.
>uni grads make 70k and $25/h at internships
Nope. Only if you have a great degree, and better connections. Internships are also not normally paid, while yes there are paid internships, it's not exactly the norm.
>Own guns
Yes, this one is true, but there are restrictions on what kinds you can have with certain licensing and some things are just straight up illegal. Plus a lot of places ban knives over a certain length and certain kinds
>Affordable houses
Eh, if you turn houses into housing, then sure. Houses aren't that cheap, but renting an apartment/trailer is doable.
>Strong currency
Okay, this one is kinda true.
>Variety of biomes
Yes, this is true
>Low CoL
Somewhat
>Join the army
Or any other branch. But yea, you get a decent set of stuff for enlisting

The 'standard' cost of living isn't so bad, it's just that you can do far more with your money in the U.S, like actually buying a nice car with a decent salary without taking out a loan.

I worked as a control engineer on platforms, I was new so I got let go pretty early on when shit got down. I shitpost on here now :^)

>tfw I drew that years ago
feels good to see it posted

SHART

islam lelelel

>assuming you don't live in NYC or San Francisco
Which are two of the maybe four cities that are actually worth living in.

Yes, I'm an American walking through walmart
I see an old man, he's pushing his cart
He was awfully nervous, he's about to shart
I thought to myself, it was time to go
But alas, I was a little too slow
He let it rip, the thunder from below
The smell was horrific when he opened the black hole
He drained his bowels right in the mart
He did it all while pushing his cart

>nobody fucking makes 70k right off the bat
Depends on your degree and where you live

I live in NY and made a 6 figure starting salary as a programmer

José

>Best universities
ONLY IF YOU COULD GET IN
Rest are dog shit, better off going to the UK, education is GENERALLY better.
In the US there is a spike from elite Ivies to Normal state schools.

May be good in many regards but it's hell to be poor in.

You forget that beyond shit like UNC and UVA (Southern State schools) there is a tier of schools that are pretty easy to get into if you aren't stupid and are around #25 spot in the US and top 50 globally. So unless you are really stupid you can get into universities that are as good or equal to the top universities in foreign countries (however there will likely be far less prestige associated with them outside the US and Canada)

>200k a year
>4 year degree

you're an idiot.

>Best hospitals for the horrendously wealthy, but if you're horrendously wealthy, you have the best hospitals anyway. Otherwise enjoy the markup, and the weasel like insurance.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about. The best hospitals in the US aren't private and accept most insurance.

This. The University of Washington has an admission rate of something like 60% and is ranked 15 on the Shanghai Ranking. Flagship state schools in less populous states are similar

>Lived in UK
>it was a shit
>immigrated to the states
>make loads more money
>everything costs a fraction of what it did in the UK
>now a full on gun-toting, BBQ-hosting, truck-driving, western shirt and cowboy boot-wearing Ameriboo

Life is good, tbqhwyl

>education is generally better in the UK

As somebody who has experienced both systems, this is bullshit. If you are white, you will likely go to a far better school in the US than you would in the UK. US stats are brought down by illegal immigrants and niggers. Education in white areas is top-tier.

It's still shit though.
You an say the same for other countries as well.

>best universities
if you don't go to MIT or some non-meme ivy league this is just bullshit regardless of what meme anglocentric rankings say
also healthcare is shit if you are not wealthy

That's relative. I'd say almost all schools world wide are shit, but that is just due to the way that education is generally handled. American schools are, when compared to schools in other countries, very good, and far better than most, if you live in a white area

USA is based

>if you fuck up you can just join the army

What if you fuck up and get KICKED out of that army and ruin any chance at any kind of job??

asking for a friend lol

this guy graduated from Yale
top fucking kek

much better when you don't have to pay ludicrous amount of money for the right to have a education

He believes those reddit memes. I bet he also thinks people in trades make six figures and an IT job in Wyoming with no degree nets you 90k.

You don't. I went to college and got my MBA without paying tuition. Got those sweet, sweet scholarships.

how many people can realistically get a scholarship?
what about making the ludicrously rich people in your country contribute?

>how many people can realistically get a scholarship?

I mean, most probably get some form of scholarship. Put any effort into your education and you can get one.

Legacy
You can get into any of the top schools in the US if your father attended

to put any effort you need to start
if you can't even start the first year without making a loan how can you do it?

>You can get into any of the top schools in the US if your father attended
wow, such meritocracy

>if you can't even start the first year without making a loan how can you do it?
You get scholarships out of high school
Also
fafsa.ed.gov

Rich fathers donate lots of money
The top Universities have gigantic piles of cash lying around to give to poor students to attend their schools.
See
money.cnn.com/2015/04/28/pf/college/ivy-league-low-income-students/

this is data as reported by a Canadian government funded statistics bureau

at hs you are not fully matured yet, it's too early too judge
everybody should have the possibility to get an education or improve it at any age, then demonstrate his own capabilities at university

If you had shit grades in HS then you would probably go to community college first because it is cheap or free depending on what you get from FAFSA application. If you do well there then you could get a better scholarship offer from a four year university.

ameribump

4.9 unemployment kek okay.

im going to have to stop looking at just OECD reports after seeing this
i didnt know bermuda's income was so high until now

>Be American
>Have student loans

I have 1600€ in my bank account and I'm richer than 50% of the American households

is it true that 70% of Americans live paycheck-to-paycheck

>he didn't make 70k right off the bat

should have gotten a STEM degree Jimmy