I'm a fourth year Computer engineering student. My grades are somewhat decent (3...

I'm a fourth year Computer engineering student. My grades are somewhat decent (3.85 major gpa) but I graduate in 5 months and have never held a job or internship. How do I find a job (CS/programming)? Is there any chance of landing a job where I can work remotely from another country? I am an Asian male in Commiefornia so I don't fit any diversity brackets

cute

sastavljam komp od 500 evra

sastvljam komp od 500 evra

No. Remote jobs are becoming increasingly rare in tech field. Only ones I hear about are random webdev contracts but you don't wanna be in those. Those are career killers.

post more of her and i'll tell you how to get a job

try to help your parents/relations work that involved your degree, and ask if you could get intership in there

Could you elaborate on career killer?
I want to work remotely in Asia so I can learn Chinese and spend time with my grandparents.

Will do

been in the same situation with you
you need to start creating some small apps/websites and add them to your portfolio
after you've done that you can easily get a junior dev job

Literally in love

Android apps only or both iOS and Android?
I never bothered with website stuff cause I hate html

You won't be taken seriously as a programmer if only thing on your resume is some webdev shit.
You do you with the family, but from purely career perspective, try to land your first job at a brand name tech company. If you do, it's pretty much smooth sailing from there.

apps can be anything
what are you interested in?
whatever it is start making small programs

check out /r/dailyprogrammer, make a github and post your projects there.

>Best guess for this image: girl
Damn

Just give a name or link

>maybe if I pray to the grade god and get high grades, that would make me smart
>smart people are rewarded in life, right? god rewards them, gives them gifts
that's you

you dumb sub-human, university isn't about GPA, it's about work experience, understanding what's being taught to you and networking

you failed at all 3 you fucking piggot

fyi, piggot is a portmanteau of pig and faggot, it's a double insult

What's this dude's name?

I realize I fucked up, that is why I am asking for help. I only mentioned GPA because it is literally my only "redeeming factor" as I have 0 work experience, even McJobs.

holy fucking shit you have no work experience you are a fucking troglodyte, you have 0 employability my friend, you are nothing, your life is over hahahaha

k

forgot pic

o

z

Get the degree and do some last minute networking, and you're fine. Be curious.

jeez, somebody is pissed they didnt go to college

Dude just fucking go head deep into leetcode and solve every fucking problem forward and backward.
And then read some architecture design books.
Apply to every software company you know of.
Forget remote work.

l

while your in here can you fix my phone?

He's still in fucking college. Not having internship isn't great, but it's not the worst thing in the world.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that. Networking is only useful if you know the top one or two people in the company, everyone else can't do shit because everything's been piped through HR to try to stop people doing this exact thing.

end

How do I network? I am socially retarded. I have two professors I'm fairly close to.

Is knowing architecture 100% required? Architecture was one of the few classes I got less than an A/A- in (B+) and the exams still give me nightmares

kill me

it is one of the worst things in the world, maybe it's better than being addicted to heroin, or being homeless, sure, but it's pretty bad and it shows the magnitude of your retardation pretty clearly

Kupi kantu sa oglasa

please

>professors
Nah that's a rookie mistake. Make friends with the TAs. Profs don't give a shit about you unless they think you're a literal genius.

As for "how do I network", it's literally just being a friend. Talk about what you like, which should be coding.

Tech companies have hard-on for asking 'design questions' like how would you implement twitter? or online chess game or 100 retarded variations of these.

You just gotta know the lingo and get familiar with the typical patterns of these 'designs' so you don't sound retarded in the interview.

Also no one fucking expects new grad in CS to network. We all know you guys are socially retarded. Just make a nice fucking resume that would hold recruiter's attention longer than 15 seconds, and send it to every fucking company.

By architecture did you mean CPU architecture or software design architecture?

Software design architecture. They are not gonna ask you CPU architecture stuff unless you are applying intel or something.

Focus on already having done whatever companies want you to do. I've done a little bit of everything under the sun, my CV clearly illustrates an ability to learn and learn quickly but unless I have the exact same thing a company wants on there, there's not a hope.

If they want you to build a web application with a JS frontend and a database backend, make sure you've built one those already and put it on your CV, using the exact same frameworks if possible (not strictly required).

Software architecture. Most programming work doesn't interact with CPU architecture in any meaningful way nowadays.

In that case, can you recommend any books?

Who is this girl?

I don't know but I'm honestly happier than I was before seeing her

Some qtpie on tumblr
Shame she has tattoos tho

does gpa even matter
t. 3.2 gpa CS

How come you don't have any xp or jobs lined up? Any of the dozens people you've met there since day 1 could have provided you with both, all you have to do is ask. Not having at least a couple years of full time work under your belt by the time you graduate is kinda worrying, and a red flag during any cv screening.

>Not having at least a couple years of full time work under your belt by the time you graduate is kinda worrying
>Not doing something that is literally infeasible is kinda worrying

>3.85
>somewhat decent
fuck off

If you haven't had any internships, summer or teaching assistant jobs then you're probably going to have a hard time finding a job. I had all of those and I still had a hard time finding a job after graduating, but that probably had a lot to do with some major tech company layoffs that happened in the city I live in. Only other option you've got to make yourself employable is to have a good portfolio of hobby projects, that you can show in pictures or in a github repo.

Master's in Comp. Eng. that graduated in 2016 here BTW

Some shittier companies like Accenture are pretty much obsessed with people's grades. When I applied to them once they didn't just want my master's level grades, they also wanted my bachelor's level AND high school grades.

(Asian)Parents are really old fashioned and believe that studies should not be "interrupted by a job" (hard to properly translate). They also believe in "work hard play hard" so they basically told me to have fun and travel during summer/winter break. I, being a lazy retard, accepted and told myself that I'd simply reject it next summer/winter and find an internship instead. Now it's my last semester and I've been to most of Asia and have yet to obtain an internship.

I had about a year and a month's worth of experience (year and a half if you count the teaching assistant experience) when I graduated. Granted this delayed my graduation, but I definitely didn't come out with barely any experience to put on my CV like many graduates do.

why does it matter
in 5 years youre basically a new person
I mean it might in the first few jobs but after that it shouldnt

>Granted this delayed my graduation
Called it.

That's the thing, when you are starting out companies don't have all that much to go on to determine if you're worth your paycheck so they go for whatever they have, which includes your grades.

Don't get me wrong, going back to HS grades for Master's degree holders like Accenture does is stupid, but for recent graduates looking at the most recent grades isn't unreasonable.

Didn't delay my graduation by as much as the extra time I took and employers do like seeing experience on your CV so it has definitely helped me.

Where I live that's literally not supported unless you intentionally defer/fail an entire year at additional expense (and possibly you need to get an allowance to do it? Can't remember how deferral works).

Maybe you've just got a shitty system, but where I live university studies are pretty free form and they generally don't bother you unless you're passing fuck all courses. I will admit you do get people who work on the side and study forever, but it does provide some nice flexibility when you get the opportunity to find part time employment and short full time stints.

>How do I find a job (CS/programming)?
What are your skills and capabilities (CS/programming)?

How many miles of dick has she taken?

Show bobs and vegene

>le nu female open mouth face
sorry, i had to do it