Sublime Text Worth

Is it worth it buying Sublime Text or should I just use VS Code? I am coming from Brackets.

Other urls found in this thread:

gist.github.com/egel/b7beba6f962110596660
marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vadimcn.vscode-lldb
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult
appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you spend money on a text editor, buy one that can actually open big text files. Which sublime doesn't.
>inb4 but it opens muh 128mb file

Install vim or Emacs, retard.

Fuck off, freetard. If I have the option to pay for good, proven software, I will.

If you don't follow 's advice (which is objectively correct, by the way), then you should definitely use Sublime Text over VS Code. One's written in performant C++, the other's a fucking webapp. Don't buy Sublime Text though, there's an easy way to disable all the nags using a disassembler. I sure as hell did it.

>buying nagware

>soylime text
>good
>provent
Get a fucking load of this CIA monkey nigger.

Use vim

Give me then good objective reasons for not buying Sublime Text. Inb4 non-free software. That is not a good argument these days when the app is only running on a local computer and there is no proof of spyware.

You can get free keys by just searching for them you faggot

use vim normie

gist.github.com/egel/b7beba6f962110596660

—– BEGIN LICENSE —–
TwitterInc
200 User License
EA7E-890007
1D77F72E 390CDD93 4DCBA022 FAF60790
61AA12C0 A37081C5 D0316412 4584D136
94D7F7D4 95BC8C1C 527DA828 560BB037
D1EDDD8C AE7B379F 50C9D69D B35179EF
2FE898C4 8E4277A8 555CE714 E1FB0E43
D5D52613 C3D12E98 BC49967F 7652EED2
9D2D2E61 67610860 6D338B72 5CF95C69
E36B85CC 84991F19 7575D828 470A92AB
—— END LICENSE ——

VS is much more actively developed and has a very healthy free extension market.

If you do JavaScript, Typescript, or Rust development... Go with VS code. And yes, you can debug and track variables directly inside VS Code and yes it works on Rust too.

Why do you have text files bigger than 128 mb?

marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=vadimcn.vscode-lldb

> buying sublime over jetbrains

this. finally someone that has ever worked in his life in Sup Forums

>proven software
>VScode or sublime over emacs or vim

Webstorm destroys vs with Javascript and typescript

I'm using the key that was in those NSA leaks

Thanks user!

webstorm hasnt been updated in years. Use phpstorm, its webstorm + extras

I like atom. But it is slow as fuck. Why didn't they write it in qt5? Everybody knows qt5 is the future.

Not sure if you know what you're talking about. Typescript and JavaScript support is first class in vs code. In fact, the editor automatically figures out typings and autocompletes for normal js files too.

It's also far more extensible, customizable, completely free, and it's open source.

If you're a student, you can get a Jetbrains license for all their products. So, if anyone is wondering, do try both out!

thank you rajeesh

Never understood why a programmer would consider a proprietary text editor.

Use vim. If you're new, run vimtutor. If your're on Windows, go with the time and install GMU/Linux.

VS Code is free and open source

And which one would that be?

I bought a license and I'm very satisfied. I want to support an independent dev studio that produces the best* text editor that's written in c++ and has a graphical front end (* in my opinion)

Vsc is electron garbage though

Never understood why a programmer would consider a text editor which demands you have a giant cheat sheet next to you at all times.
Do you people get a boner when you see ~90% of available keys mapped to some bullshit functions which may or may not be somewhat useful one day? Did a mouse cursor touch you in the no-no zone when you were young?

>asterisks
>two sentences long
All of my what

>demands you have a giant cheat sheet
Not the user you replied to but you clearly have never used vi. Yes, you have to get used to the commands maybe the first month, but unless I wanna do something super specific I've never had to look at a cheat sheet after the initial learning curve.
I cant say anything about emacs since I've never used it.

>using a text editor or IDE with a learning curve of more than a day

>being productive

>Did a mouse cursor touch you in the no-no zone when you were young?
Same question could be applied to a lot of gahnoo±loonix software honestly.

>Having to take your hand off the keyboard vs. conveniently pressing a key.
jeez, how come some people don't like using the mouse?

Actually, it's the most efficient electron app on the market.

>having one hand

>touch typing

/thread

>why do you have more than 640 memory?
Typesetting data, longer log files that I don't want to inspect with shitty command line tools, giant SQL dumps & backups, creating test data for stress tests, that kind of stuff.
Also note how most editors also suck with long line endings.
ultraedit, 010edit, large file editor, emEditor, I don't know, why don't you do an online search for yourself...

Reminder, for some reason both emacs and vim are not up to the task which is rather disappointing and in case of emacs also surprising.

OP supposedly wants to code

why do you suggest him a terminal analogy of notepad.exe, whose only use today is to edit config files over 9000ms latency ssh?

/thread

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

I'm a JS/Python, sometimes PHP or Haxe Dev. JetBrains is the best option for most things overall, but I find myself using VSCode more these days. Not as fast as Sublime as others have said, but the extension support is infinitely better than Sublime's, plus intellisense, and a builtin debugger makes it easier to be productive with.

So, no, I wouldn't pay for Sublime. I'd just install VSCode.

thanks user

Because gist exists

dump tripcode poster

Don't buy Sublime Text. Just use the universal license key. It's free.

appnee.com/sublime-text-3-universal-license-keys-collection-for-win-mac-linux/

Just find a working serial, nerd

Wanna duel nigga?

kek I think I got it from you many years ago.
You're like santa but with pirated text editors.

user can you tell me any editor that can handle some nasty sized text files?
Even visual studio can't handle my dictionaries right now without going to shit.
Biggest one I got is 72gb and that was after automatic optimization.

see

Thanks I skipped that reply.

> efficient electron app

VSCode isnt a pure electron app.

Whats your opinion on Atom?

Thanks user, I knew someone would post license keys sooner or later.

If vs code was actually shit
That's what atom is

Sublime is insanely lightweight.

>200 user license
>still valid
I remember using it like a year ago. Is it actually unlimited or does nobody actually bother enough to use these things?