Muh Embrase Extend Extinguish by Microsoft

>Muh Embrase Extend Extinguish by Microsoft..

You freetards are to busy putting your atention in MS that you don't know that the real menace for Linux is Google, their new OS will replace Linux in Android, and on its datacenters, it will be open source and w/o the GNU cancer, it will get adopted massively, becuase hipts love Google's cuck.

Be aware, your real enemy is Google and Linux days are numbered.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/vGPwzmMFq9U
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Mach
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

k

>an os that's based off of linux
>normies don't want to use shitware they can't install and do stuff well on because linux

bait

>an os that's based off of linux
Fuchsia is new from scratch. One of the few totally new OSs in a while.

>Linux days are numbered.
I've heard that 20 years ago... Still no problem.

>adware at the kernel level

Excuse me, fucking asshole? TempleOS. ReduxOS.

It is opensource, nigga. U can compile it.

But still Monolithic>>Micro

It's been proven micro is better in every way

so is ungoogled chromium yet most people are content with chrome

Its been proven that both have their advantages and hybrid is the true way to go, and hard going in one way or the other hobbles scaling.

How and why?

>you can compile the adware
wow, this makes it less shitty. really.

>One of the few totally new OSs in a while
I'll be surprised if it isn't google-flavored UNIXy OS which will looks like legacy shit when compared to Plan 9.

It's no different than Android though. It may not technically be Linux, but I don't think most people considered Android Linux, even though it technically was. Normalfags are always going to pick the shiniest most advertised thing anyway.

Thats probably exactly what it will be. I don't expect it to step away from the Unix design too much either.

U can remove adware and compile it, nigga.

>new from scratch
Maybe userland, but the kernel is as “new from scratch” as Linux was, i.e. based off another (MINIX for Linux, littleKernel for Fuchsia).

Competition is good.

GNU HURD IS THE FUTURE

It's new code, not necessarily a new design.

>normies can remove adware and compile it, nigga
:D

> yay, someone changed the indentation on my kernel SC!

Good. Once both are dead I can finally use a microkernel.

I don't care about normies.

Google has already done this to Firefox and I tried to warm people but they refuse to listen

Faster and better organized

fuckcia OS?? CIA gives us another bait.

UNIX has been dead and gone for a few decades now. Stop arbitrarily calling things UNIX, they aren't.

I've heard 'linux on desktop' 20 years ago... Still not there.

Are you fucking dumb? You can't think?
Developers will remove the adware and compile it, then they will give you a link for the image.

Done *what* to firefox? 3E doesn't work in an open source ecosystem where your proprietary addons can be copypasta'd elsewhere.

Everyone always bitches when Chrome starts adding some new thing "zomg its gonna be the next activex!" - shut the fuck up. different market conditions make this impossible.

> linux
> freetards
Linux hasn't been about freedom since 93 when the first nonfree blobs were implemented.

Nowadays Linux is a cucked open source project similar to chromium.

No.
Linux and DOS are mono, and they are stable as a fuck. It is impossible to break the DOS.
Windows NT, Darwin are micro, and they are unstable, thus big boys don't use it in their servers.

Except it's not, there are several UNIX os's alive today.

Pretty much and the unaudited bohemeth that is systemd doesn't help

Hurd. Without GNU.

>it will be open source and w/o the GNU cancer,
The real cuck here is (You) dumbfuck GNU hating CIA monkey nigger cattle.

I don't really count Solaris and HP-UX.

...Are you fucking joking me?
So the multiple Unix servers I sign in to daily at work like AIX and Solaris don't exsist?
Unix is alive an kicking, its just not ever seen in the consumer space.

More like a vegetable on life support twitching.

Unix must die

Why do we need OS?
Type code and execute it. Why there are too much soibois?

What is wrong with Android for Google to ditch it?

They have some really good kernel design veterans in it, to boot.
Also, it's MIT, so GPL will lose it's dominance.

Micro usually has worse performance.
But some projects, like L4, have tackled that pretty well, too.

>Linux and DOS are mono, and they are stable as a fuck. It is impossible to break the DOS.
But when they crash, they are fucked for good.
Stuff like Minix can recover from ANYTHING, and can be configured to have a much smaller footprint than a mono.

Was actually thinking of taking the OKL4 kernel, which is proven, adding some SeL4 and Hurd stuff, and making it Hurd 2.0.
Hurd is already as good, or even better in tests than Linux, even in this unfinished state, and L4 kernels nailed the "taking stuff out of the kernel without performance loss" magic some time ago.

But haven't gotten to it, and kernel design at this level needs you to be uber-intelligent, which i'm not sure to be capable of.

Its a "not invented here" thing.
Google wants to own 100% of the code, even it it means ditching the huge amount of effort thats been put in to Android.

It's not only that.
The kernel has become the biggest attack surface in the OS, and some of the problems with having a 70's server operating system as your base means it sucks for embedded(even Linus admitted it), and stuff like power management is taped on.

Everything Google makes is buggy anyway so I doubt Linux should fear anything.

youtu.be/vGPwzmMFq9U

Solaris is actually dead in the water.
AIX is pretty much on life support (probably won't go away any time soon though).

tfw I'm still waiting

>But when they crash, they are fucked for good.
What is better: car without brakes and steering, that crashes good, or car with brakes and steering that is made of foil?

>Micro usually has worse performance.
Only when implemented incorrectly.

I think AIX will be like XP. You'll see it around even after it's official death. There is a fuckload of backbone for various industry+governments that have been running on AIX for 20+ years.

Solaris is dead.

Unix is an OS from the 70s. It's dead already.

it will only be open source until it becomes popular.
remember android?

companies aren't gullible and there unlike shitdroid, it has an alternatives pre-release

Advantages and disadvantages.
This is engineering, after all.
But after decades, i think we can sit back, and ask ourselves what can we do better, with Google blowing down the open source community's neck.

u needz to installz it and shit nigga

>remember android?
Android is open-source... Or not?

Linux it the kernel, u nigga.

Open source means nothing.

Open source means open source.

it is on mine

ne's right, tough.
For Android you still need the binary BLOBs for the device to boot.

Depends on device.

tell me one which doesn't rely on BLOBs, including the bootloader.

Some old Intel PC.

Linux uses BLOBS as well, like broadcom wifi one...

sooo.. my point proven?

>Microkernel
It's going to fail miserably.

What was your point?
My point was, that Linux kernel is open-source, but blobs, that are not necessary*.

contrarians will just pivot to the next worst thing Apple, Microsoft, it doesn't matter they just want to be edgy and feel special

You mean like all the L4 kernels and TRON kernels, right?

GNU/Turd?

Meh, OS for retards.

>blobs for booting the device are not necessary
Hahaha this lincuck.
Name one mobile device that does not require proprietary code to boot.
I’ll be here all evening.

my point was backing up the overstatement that "open source means nothing"
Sure, it's wort a lot, actually. But it doesn't solve the problem specific to Android in this case, which still needs *not* OS libs to function properly.
There were some efforts in the eraly kitkat days, but as google more and more abandoned it's OS apps and pushed their closed source ones instead, Android got more and more prone to "errors" on google's open source implementation.
I follow gerrits on custom roms, and the last two years were surprising with some stiff google messed up, making these virtually unusable without fixes. And there comes in the strengs of open source.

so? Linux sucks for phones
>and on its datacenters
citation needed
>w/o the GNU cancer
good, GNU uses EEE all the time

I don't know any mobile device... But it is possible. Probably some chinks stuff, or early android devices. Or chromebooks, they had open-source BIOS at some point, and Linux can run on Intel without blob Intel-µcode...
The problem is in the hardware, it probably have some vulnerabilities (hello Intel) and they don't want you to find them. Or a backdoor. Or it can somehow reveal design of hardware...

Back in the day, manufacturers were providing schematics to devices, so everyone knew how it worked, but now - it is paid and you are not supposed to share this info. Thanks, copyright and intellectual property bullshit laws. We were close to space travel, but no, some jews decided to make some profit from nowhere.
So, we need to make and open-source hardware, starting from schematics, ending by a structure of a battery.

Jewgle

i'm with you on that.
>i don't know any mobile device
me neither.. maybe that sailfishOS phone, but idk.

google wants to transition from adware to applel

but all they do is tarnish their brand with chinkshit and shitty decisions.

good
then shit will just werk on linux

embrace the mirco kernal you fag

>that damage control

Hurd/Zircon when?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_Mach