Which would you rather have, two 16:9 displays or one ultrawide 21:9 display?

Which would you rather have, two 16:9 displays or one ultrawide 21:9 display?

lg.com/us/monitors/lg-34UC99-W-ultrawide-monitor

Other urls found in this thread:

rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitor
bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1382968-REG/lg_34wk95u_34_nano_ips.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

21x9. Less power, no bezel, all of the dual screen benefits with none of the drawbacks.

Two 16:9s. More power, more bevel, all of the single screen benefits with none of the drawbacks.

Well you couldn't game fullscreen on one half

or any fullscreen application

two 21:9
all the power benefits of the brezel

i'd never buy a manlet monitor

If I've got the game set to fullscreen then I probably don't want anything else running anyways.

I'd rather have a 1:1 display.

unironically trying not to laugh tool loud at work

I got the Acer XR382CQK. Same panel as that LG. Arguably better if you have an Nvidia card since the LG can't do 75hz with one.

This thing is even better than two 2560x1440 displays that I'm upgrading from. Two 16:9 displays is actually too wide. A single 38" is the perfect size for multitasking.

>would you rather have, two 16:9 displays or one ultrawide 21:9

how about fuckhuge UHD?
- no bezels
- decent vertical resolution without multi-portrait setup
- can still do wide aspect letterbox resolution gaming if GPU is too anemic for UHD

>mfw I fell for this meme and have two 21:9 displays

Splitscreen is amazing with this shite

Not worth it. 50" 4k hdr tv. The recent 2017 4ks have decent input lag. The difference between 2017 tv/nongaming monitors is very little. I suggest looking into them.

rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-usage/pc-monitor

Curved 21:9 in vertical for code editing, two wide screens on the side for tools an application window.

>21:9
you mean 7:3

>video purports to be 21:9
>it's actually a 16:9 video with black bars baked in so you get pillarboxing AND letterboxing

oled

autism

>movie which switches between IMAX format (16:9) and 21:9 format
God damn batman series.

I actually just migrated from a 49" LG UHD TV to
(43" proper monitor)

2016/2017 TVs have decent input lag finally, but essentially all of them still use PWM dimming, which is annoying as shit.

The fact that the monitor above dropped to $600 was enough for me to demote my old display to actual TV duty.

Hmm maybe I'll get the monitor. I haven't meant anyone who has used both.

I have the alienware uw 120hz right now but want to break into 4k60hz gaming for nontwitch gaming.

beware gaming on a 40"+ display: a lot of game put HUD/UI elements at the periphery where they are just hard to read or even notice on a larger display.

team shooters, etc., are just a pain in the ass unless I play them in a centered 2560x1440/1600 window.

I'd prefer two screens, because I want 2160p, but if there was a 2160p ultrawide, I'd prefer that.

Dual 16:9
I want their 21:10 ultrawide though.

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1382968-REG/lg_34wk95u_34_nano_ips.html

It's only 34" though. I wish they made a 38 with this res.

>Not having both a landscape and portrait mode monitor

What movie is this?

Valerian

ty

I have a Predator X34, took some getting used to but seriously like it.

I have a 16:9 primary display and a 5:4 secondary display. How about that?

27" 1440p TN 144Hz G-Sync main screen for gaymen
some random IPS in portrait for other shit

I've never used an ultrawide that has similar resolution to my two screens. I find it very convenient to be able to drag to a corner of a monitor and have a window expand to full screen without having to mess with anything else. I like having one monitor sideways for scrolling. I like being able to set defaults a little differently for two monitors.

I have a 35" 1440p 21:9 monitor and a 29" 1080p 21:9 monitor stacked.

If it's only that, then I want one 21:9 display. If I get to have the option of having three 16:9 displays then I want that. I've used a 21:9 monitor and 3 16:9 monitors at different points in my life, and the reason I once had a 21:9 is I could only afford it and not 3, and the inherit asymmetry to having just two displays drives me crazy.

If the displays are both aligned the same, then there is no "middle", and your vision while sitting at your chair is naturally centered on the edges of both monitors. If however you place one monitor like natural in the middle and one to the side, then there's not one on the other side and it's asymmetrical and I go crazy. I currently use three monitors and the third one is literally just there for visuals because I hate how having just two monitors look.

>I currently use three monitors and the third one is literally just there for visuals because I hate how having just two monitors look.

I was about to say. I have a triple monitor setup and one is almost never used. I guess this is only a problem if you have OCD

curved is gay

I have a 21:9 as my main and a 16:9 as my secondary. Both 1080, both 60 hz. I still need more screen real estate, but I can't fit another 21:9 on my desktop.

T. One who has never seen it irl

I had the chance to work for a few hours on a 21:9 monitor...
It's shit.

i used to have two 16:9, now i have 21:9. 21:9 is nice for movies in 21:9 and better for games (though i was using two 16:9 to game, i was offsetting window to move center of view from bezel), 16:9 was better for everyday work because i was able to easily snap windows for every corner. now i have to use "gtile" for gnome so i can put small window in corner and bigger one on the other side.

i don't regret purchase, but i don't think i would recommend 21:9 to anyone. it's definitely not for work.

There are plugins for that in chrome web browsers. And if you are using a good movie player you can just zoom in.

What kind of gpu do you need to game on one of those 3440*1440 monitors with decent settings? Or do you just game in 2560*1080?

Everyone saying 21:9 is inefficient or not for work doesn't know what theyre saying.

You can comfortably fit 3 windows on it, it is perfect.
One 21:9 and a 4:5 is all you will need.

3 16:9