>thinkpads replace macbooks in cafes and hipster libraries

commodore and atari would still be making computers

Social media doesnt exist.

normies don't use the Internet

op is not a faggot

Internet doesn't exist and I am able to make friends

you'd just hate thinkpads then

OLED does not burn in

Every single youtuber/instagram whore will go under a bridge for the shit-tons of money they make on these stupid platform

Except Papa Franku.

/thread
social medias ruined internet

They ruined everything, not only that.

You won't

Dad? Is that you?

Yes son, what do you need?

Papa Franku stopped his FilthyFrank career this year.
I'm sorry for you to hear it this way...

I know it already, don't remind me plz :(

normies into thinkpads would increase the prices

>All software currently existing suddenly becomes free (as in freedom)
This is my ultimate fantasy.

If Commodore still made computers we would be way ahead of things. Amiga was an affordable computer with preemptive multitasking. Amiga Workbench had multitasking in the 80's where Windows didn't have it until Windows 95 and Mac OS didn't have it until Mac OSX.

Why aren't you glad?

If this would happen - Thinkpads will become MacBooks, with touch gimmics and defective non-servicible design.

I wish that there were an Ultrabook with AMD CPU and decent cooling.

Cheap solar panel, that would pay for itself in northen climate in 2 years or so.
And good batteries, that could deliver much power.

web pages would never have been scriptable

A revolution happens and copyright/patent/IP laws get branded as humanity's worst mistake

This

Proprietary software is illegal.

Tech doesn't rule our lives.

Computers and electronics are designed around being functional and durable instead of useless aesthetics.

Windows doesn't exist and we all use *nix

3.5mm jack in iPhones.

>Apple products are for hipsters
>I don't use Apple products because the majority use them
Really makes you wonder who the hipster in this relationship is.

the nsa doesn't exist and Tay-AI was never killed

Telecommuting and working out of the office is more widely accepted.

My 50+ year old bosses buy me a smartphone, Thinkpad, and gave me the ability to remote access our server and files. Basically I can do 90% of my job without going into the office and my role is non client-facing. Then I get shit for not sitting at my desk at 9AM.

I hope that this mentality changes in the next decade.

This Laptops (or smartphones) completely replace desktops in terms of performance and charge/dock wirelessly.

AR/VR headsets replace battlestations. I want to be able to sit in a chair, put on a headset, and emulate my OS flawlessly, replacing the desktop environment completely. I want perfect haptic feedback gloves to replace the mouse/keyboard interface, and suits for more immersive scenarios.

I don't want bio implants because fuck giving companies a built in way to hijack my body to track and advertise to me.

People will have finally learned that social media is the new-age smoking and people who use it are looked upon as lesser people.

Politicians pre-internet age will have finally died off and been replaced by people who actually know what they're doing.

At my university thinkpads are more popular than macbooks for sure. Especially the X1 Carbon but we also see the T4XX around quite often

We'd have androids that would replace us in everyday life and never actually have to leave home.

P.S: We would be controlling the androids all the time.

>Hipsters want ThinkPads
>Willing to pay apple prices for the accessory

Basic supply and demand user. ThinkPads should remain our thing. I've started pricing laptops as how many ThinkPads I could buy with the same cash. Hipsters will just raise prices and ruin it for everyone, just like they did with my favourite bands, beers and plaid.

I can find a girlfriend through the internet

The internet remained diverse and didn't become as centralized.
Also the internet "caught on" but not in the way it actually did. Like it's everywhere still and very important, but it's mostly seen as a "tool" by most normies and using it for anything other than work or more direct communication is seen as a little weird.

My dream is also Amiga based.
1/2
>Commodore gets proper management in 1984
>crushes the Mac and thus Apple, leveraging 32 bit CPUs, preemptive multitasking, and multimedia to get a lock on gamers and home users, and enhanced ports of the most popular PC software
>software compatibility remains 100% between different versions of Kickstart
>Apple goes completely out of business after Jobs leaves
>Commodore pushes the 68k architecture right into the 90s with the 68040 and higher as PCs struggle with the boat anchor of real mode code in DOS and Windows, as well as generally awful multitasking capabilities
>first Amiga laptops appear, like beige equvalents to early Thinkpads
>due to the smaller set of hardware, well known ISA, and open nature of the Amigas, Linux's port to m68k happens early, and many Amiga hackers discover the joy of dual booting - makes a big difference having a local shell when remote access is pay by the minute 9600bps dialup!
>eventually m68k reaches its limits and Commodore moves to Alpha by 1995
>with the new architecture offering a fresh start, much of AmigaOS is written to use full memory protection and be SMP aware, in part inspired by Linux and BSD
>think the MacOS9-OSX transition but better
>having a 64 bit, RISC, SMP, fully memory protected Amiga that could emulate all the old m68k binaries at full speed and boot into Linux or NetBSD makes PCs with Windows 95 look like a bad joke
>DEC abandons its proprietary Unix, making Linux, NetBSD, and VMS on Alpha servers a mortal threat to NT
>also begins shipping remote management tools for *nix servers that run on Amigas... but not PCs

2/2
>Clinton DOJ starts sniffing around Commodore for anti trust
>Commodore licenses patents to some American PC clone makers on the condition they can't offshore production
>IBM retains PC and Thinkpad divisions
>CHYNA languishes in poverty without the ability to steal American technical secrets
>DEC keeps happily working out of New England
>Novell Netware lives on as either its own thing or as a Linux application
>DEC licenses Alpha ISA to AMD
>healthy clone market appears
>fast forward to today
>hundreds of billions of dollars have been put to better use without the constant need to fight Microsoft's terrible products
>entire classes of computer problems do not exist
>Commodore's early embrace of Linux and clear delineation of AmigaOS as Not A Server avoided most of the OS war bullshit we have today
>Spectre and Meltdown never happened
>open source infrastructure has been properly funded since the 90s and so shit like Heartbleed never happens
>smartphones and tablets were FOSS from day one, with everyone understanding the real money was in services, subscriptions, and online shopping
>iTunes never existed so DRM never got normalized

There should be one once those new Raven Ridges catch on.

THIS so much this

Apple products are considered the creme de la creme and apple is the worlds largest company....

Oh wait that’s reality :)

E T E R N A L S E P T E M B E R

Why do you even care? Modern chinkpads are utter fucking garbage. Chinkpad fanboyism is even more cancerous than apple faggotry.

hipsters won't want a laptop that looks like it's from 2005

?plus lenovo is a shit brand and everything they make is shit

Stallman itt

>dream technological world

Sup Forums is populated by educated intellectuals who know what the fuck they are talking about and everyone who clicks on "Post new shit thread" is infected with nano bots that painfully consume their testicles from within over the course of the next 7 years.

*GNU/Linux

yes yes yes this fuck me this. There is no reason for half the people in this country to be on the roads. I already have a laptop and a mobile phone, just pay me a car allowance instead of renting the office that ONLY I SIT IN and i'll do remote support from home and drive to clients from my house.

So everyone would have Apple besides hipsters being "hipster" with ThinkPads?

> Plan 9 is the most used and supported OS.
> Http sit on a stack which implement a session layer
> Apple doesn't exist

>3.5 Jacks in my spinal cord

aol never existed
normie internet never happened
eternal september was avoided

> All this ``normie'' posts

you can't unironically write ``normie''.
Kill you're selves, seriously

No
We just want to be contrarian
If Mac is less popular g would use macs

I dunno man, be careful what you wish for. Thinkpads have the kind of aesthetic appeal that hipsters go for. You may one day end up being unable to find one at a reasonable price.

Apple ports macOS and Apple apps to ARM, convinces adobe on doing the same and brings newer opengl functions.
Apple kills the dozens of iPhones for only 2 models available every year and both include a headphone jack and a non shit battery.
Apple kills the macbook pro, macbook retina and macbook air and replaces them with the macbook with 2 models: 13 inch ryzen apu @ 65W and near 1050 performance and 15 inch model with dedicated nvidia gpu.
Apple kills the magic mouse and makes a new numpad keyboard with a trackpad.
Apple kills the multiple ipads in favor of a single iPad with 2 models: 8 inches and 12 both supporting the apple pencil which would be 1/3 the current price.
Upgradable iMacs and mac pros without major disassembly required.

Or

Microsoft's surface book 2 costs half the price and same goes for the new lenovo x1 yoga (3rd gen).

I can smell your cum breath from here