What should I do with this raspberry pi?

What should I do with this raspberry pi?

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/eukara/FreeCS/blob/master/README.md
rtl-sdr.com/transmitting-fm-am-ssb-sstv-and-fsq-with-just-a-raspberry-pi/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

return it

Put in in your urethra

mess around with it for a day and put in your desk until you throw it away ten years from now

Mine altcoins.

>What should I do with this raspberry pi?
Break it
Step on it

vidler gaymes

I found this exact kit for $8 at goodwill because they didn't know what it was.

Mine collects more dust than a Dyson air purifier. Just set it down somewhere, and let it work it's magic.

>buying a kitted pi

Flash coreboot to your thinkpad

Use it to make your home smart.

:(

Deploy freecs server

github.com/eukara/FreeCS/blob/master/README.md

Too hard for you? Or just too different?
Maybe it'd the lack of lights and stripes. Nobody is going to be impressed by such a tiny PC.

I think I'm going first make a pirating/kodi box to get an idea of it works then make something cooler.

This box came with LEDs so I'd like to use them.

Install arch
Set up ssh or ftp server to backup ur work

what do you need?
i got an rpi acting as a mini server. got an older models collecting dust though, not sure what to do with those.

>Too hard for you? Or just too different?
Maybe it'd the lack of lights and stripes. Nobody is going to be impressed by such a tiny PC.
It's pretty useless/stupid as a pc, and people only should buy a pi if they have a project that needs pi specific features like the gpio. After that it just collects dust.

I don't need anything, i bought it because i want to get into hardware.

I already have Debian servers and use syncthing + git.

shitload of tutorials then, just pick one and begin then.

The $30 markup or whatever is worth it so I don't have to hunt down a list of shit to buy myself and have options.

Offsite backup of your stuff

Cut it into pieces then eat it with some whipped cream on top

This desu. The only thing I've used my pi2 for is for flashing various things.

I hope that you didn't buy a raspberry pi kit just to end up using it for something an old $50-80 phenom 2 thinkcentre is better suited at.

Nah, it's kind of slow and I'm not into the MacBook Pro deal of having 5 million dongles and wires everywhere. To be fair, I've only futzed around with a PI Zero.

>buying things without a knowing what to use it for
this is the most degenerate form of consumerism

It's useless for anything beyond tinkering.
>htpc
sucks dick. forget about acceleration for optimized visual quality, the thing can barely play back half the codecs out there
>emulator machine
plenty of cheaper or better options
>light desktop use
lmao this thing is too shit for even that

It's a hobby kit marketed to normie retards with more money than attention span, it WILL collect dust even if you DO have a niche use for it

I'm thinking about getting a pi 0
Does anyone know if they're gonna release a new one in February? It looks like that's their release time.

Install pihole, home network wide ad blocker

- Getto server.
- Linux From Scratch on the Raspberry Pi
- Learn ARM assembly

Give that koshka her blins

Slap retropie on it and download that 68gb rom archive. Then give it to your little brother.

Make the same fucking magic mirror that hundreds of redditors make, then throw it away a month later when you realize you wasted a bunch of money.

eeet it

Stop buying RPis if you don't know what to do with them.

Retropi

>buying shit without a purpose
link it to your amazon so everytime you buy some dumb shit it shoots you in the dick you fucking ass clown

It's okay, daddy has his cc linked directly to the family Amazon account. One click buys of expensive shit I don't even know how to use all day baby!

maybe your statement will change the world someday. you feel better now?

>expensive shit
Are we still talking about raspberry pi, because those are just braindead dumb, but they aren't expensive.

I bought some moisturizer that I'll probably never use too.

They were talking about releasing a zero with a pre soldered header (which just sounds like a retarded idea).

Set up a pi-hole box on your network, or mess around with radio transmitter hackery for the cosmic buzz of it.

rtl-sdr.com/transmitting-fm-am-ssb-sstv-and-fsq-with-just-a-raspberry-pi/

My pi projects:
>Slapping ridiculous heatsinks onto it, including some piped and finned north bridge ones, to see how cool I can get it. My best temp was 38 degrees after an hour of sysbench prime test
>Automated my snake enclosure. Temp sensor in each corner, one in the water. Water heater, fogger, heat pads, heat lamp, and ceramic heater all on outlet box controlled by the pi.
>Retropie setup. Got all fancy with 5000 games and then realized I'd never play them

Other than that it's really not a spectacular piece of machinery.

Broadcasting
Router
Email server

Well I was implying that there are other things being purchased but you ruined my shitpost thanks