/hackintosh/ - Hackintosh General

How's your Hackintosh coming along, Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

idownloadblog.com/2017/01/13/how-to-modify-about-this-mac-hackintosh/
reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/68p1e2/ramblings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/
octaviotti.deviantart.com/art/Drives-Iconpack-Volume-2-705014069
mega.nz/#!FPpnRbjB!6BS_jMFb3O1RLT2jdHV1Gs8Er74q28gns-KvDAb-Auk
archive.is/RLQwF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

My Hackintosh is fantastic. I wasn't able to get High Sierra to work after updating and doing the post install script, but I was able to get Sierra to work without a hitch. How were you able to get the Processor to display your Processor correctly? Mine says unknown processor, even though I'm using a Ryzen 5 1600 processor. It displays properly in Neofetch, though. Regardless it runs great. Everything works, including audio, networking, graphics, iMessage, Siri, etc.

AMD Hackintosh > Intel Hackintosh

I used this guide to change the processor name: idownloadblog.com/2017/01/13/how-to-modify-about-this-mac-hackintosh/

How did you get iMessage and Siri to work? I've always been told it's impossible on Ryzen, or maybe it's just impossible on Ryzen with High Sierra.

Fresh install
Still can't get iMessage to work

Nice.

What icon pack is that?

How do I go about updating my hackintosh to the latest OS? Currently on El capitan

I don't know about Intel Hackintosh. There is a thread on the Hackintosh /r/eddit that teaches you how to get iMessage to work. iMessage worked out of the box for me, when I did my Ryzentosh project.

That all depends on specs. What are your specs?
Sometimes it is better to backup and do a fresh install. If not, there should be guides on doing it on various hackintosh sites. If your processor doesn't support SSE4.1 you wont be able to run Sierra or High Sierra.

My chinkpad T420 had some freezing issues on High Sierra, so I’m back to Sierra

I had issues with my previous Sierra install (strange keychain-related errors, even sshd failed to work) so I decided to reinstall. I took the opportunity to study Clover a little better and prepare a better config. This guide was very helpful: reddit.com/r/hackintosh/comments/68p1e2/ramblings_of_a_hackintosher_a_sorta_brief_vanilla/

Clover refused to see my High Sierra installer, which seems to be a known issue with some downloads of 10.13.2 (High Sierra Supplemental Update). I might try to upgrade in the future but for now I just went with Sierra, which works very well.

I followed the guide almost exactly, except that I changed the ACPI settings to use native power management on the advice of their Discord. I didn't attempt to get analogue sound; it would probably work but I have a USB DAC so I don't care. I did notice that DisplayPort audio does work too, if I needed that. I also have no idea whether iMessage works, since I don't use it. I restored from Time Machine which worked flawlessly.

I can't really post my full desktop because it's cluttered with sensitively-named files and I can't be arsed clearing it up or redacting it. I'll post my "About This Mac" screen, but I doubt anyone is interested because it looks exactly like everyone else's. I have no idea if anyone can actually do anything malicious with my randomly-generated serial number, but I'll redact it anyway because everyone else does.

The reddit community/corpnewt discord is active and helpful.

The hard drives?

octaviotti.deviantart.com/art/Drives-Iconpack-Volume-2-705014069

I got a(n):
Intel i5 4590
GTX 960

Is there any chance to have an hackintosh on a dell latitude 7480?

I tried High Sierra and had problems so I went and tried Sierra and it worked fine.

>Intel i5 4590
Well, it supports SSE4.1 so you should be able to install Hackintosh. I would stick with Sierra as people are reporting bugs on High Sierra. You can still update Sierra.

>dell latitude 7480
Not OP, but I did a Google and saw a guy doing a post install on his laptop. It should work with your laptop model.

Anons that had problems (or not) on High Sierra, did you guys install on a disk formatted as HFS+ or APFS?
Mine had problems on HS and was on APFS now I wonder if that may have had something with it

The dock icons
Thanks

Breddy gud on my T420. First time I've actually gotten a working build going. Except for WiFi, but I ordered a replacement card.

If updating directly from the app store and on restart while loading, the bar just freezes, what should I do?

If you are using Clover, you should use Mac OS Journaled. If you use High Sierra you will have to disable in the terminal before installing that converts to APFS. Disable in the terminal and install. If you don't, it will automatically convert your partition to APFS. You can add kext to clover that apparently allows Clover to see APFS.

You should never just directly update, unless a guide says you should. RIP. You might need to install it again. Backup all your important shit.

fixed my intel botnet engine, will give this another go

Found it, if anyone else would like it
tigercat-hu deviantart com/art/OSX-Yosemite-style-icons-522857843

couldnt get my rx 480 to get hardware acceleration even with a guide, fuck this

What were you doing? What are your full specs?

My reference RX 480 runs perfectly in High Sierra.

Some motherboards need EmuVariableUEFI installed from Clover or Clover Configurator. Did you do that?

If you don't have this installed (not all motherboards need this. Google what it does first.) depending on your motherboard, then your computer will just revert to the default Mac OS drivers. I know because I was having this problem.

Fine I guess...
It's just that I'm so disappointed with intel recently that I'm considering getting a ryzen APU with vega graphics when they come out provided that they release something amongst the line of a vega gl/gh (the ones included in the latest intel kaby lake g cpus).

I think this is what I checked on clover during install because I use a pascal card. Otherwise the pascal drivers wouldn't work.

Meh, reverse Hackintosh is more fun.

Stop posting that. We can post here.

Its perfect
I've changed my intel wifi n card to a bcm4352 wifi ac and now it's perfect
The only thing which don't work are nvidia optimus and the webcam which I don't use anyway
Everything else works: audio, microphone, brightness, cpu dynamic frequency, vga port, graphical acceleration
It's comfy

Haven't ever tried a hackintosh, really want to do it,
How do I go about doing this? Any guides?

>Installing mac OS is harder than Linux
Ironic

It is easier than Arch and Gentoo.

What are your specs? Did you try the Hackintosh forums? Google it.

Tried Unibeast. It locked up during boot. Went back to Wangblows

Steal a serial :^)
Seriously, loads of people post their whole System Profiler dumps in the Apple support forums.

comfy ram :3

What is the be-all-end-all guide for ryzentosh?

I have a haswell build with a 280x and unfortunately it's kinda slow. It stutters a little bit on Safari and significantly on chrome. Don't know what to do so I assume it's just my machine.

>haswell
>stutters a little bit on Safari
Christ, macos is a fucking joke.

Post spec. Never happened to me, then again I have skylake build.

Switch to Firefox, chrome just really runs like shit on OSX. Literally starts housefires on macbooks.

>bcm4352 wifi ac
Where did you buy it? link?

Enjoy your 3hours battery

It's a really old system, i3 3rd gen I guess and GT610,
I don't really play games so it's fine for me, will upgrade it later this year once the prices drop,

Guides that seem to work require a Macbook, which I don't have and I'm don't really want to install some random iso/raw on my system,

What do? Any good sources?

I have a torrent file for the retail version, of course it's already converted to the dmg, but you need to do workaround harder than usual.
Is that okay?

I was going to build an x299 + i9 hack but after the meltdown/spectre bug thing I decided to wait

Yea sure, I'll give that a try, how do I go about doing it?

why the fuck you want imessages though? i own mac but never use it
can you still integrate fb messanger in it?

i5 4460
Mobo: GA-Z97-HD3
280X (the ASUS DirectCU II TOP version)
16GB of RAM DDR3 1600

Here's what happens (and I tried on High Sierra, Sierra and El Capitan):
I have a magic trackpad (the first version without force touch) and I scroll on shit. On finder windows it's just fine, but on Firefox/Chrome/Chropera whatever it's showing some slowdowns on most sites. Safari is a little bit better but still has the random slowdown while scrolling. I tried using different framebuffers, I tried using whatevergreen which properly identifies my GPU, I don't know exactly where the problem is.

On Windows this only happens when I have the power saver profile enabled and on linux (with KDE and such, same browsers) I don't really have these issues at all (except for tearing but that's something I can fix in a minute).

It bothers me because I actually happen to like the system a lot but if I'm going to lose some Windows software at least I'd like to have something that isn't noticeably slower.

I tried Firefox and I had the same slowdown issue, despite performing differently on different OSes. I just have no idea why.

You could find out which AMD build would be best for hackintosh at the moment. There are people who have been successful with Ryzen builds.

Why not just run Elementary OS or Darwin? I don't see a benefit trying to use pirated proprietary software, since apple already has iOS permanently bound to their hardware and will do the same once they manage to negotiate it with Intel

This is just a rough tutorial, you need to research for each steps.
mega.nz/#!FPpnRbjB!6BS_jMFb3O1RLT2jdHV1Gs8Er74q28gns-KvDAb-Auk
The torrent.
Now,
>1. Put the dmg to usb after that. If you use windows, get transmac to do that.
>2. After that you need to put cloverEFI to EFI system. You can find the tutorial to mount EFI there. For windows, assuming you can mount the EFI system already, use explorer++ to copy that.
>3. Register the cloverEFI to the bootloader. Again you can find the tutorial to do that. For windows, use Easy UEFI.
>4. Now that you already registered cloverEFI bootloader, google "hackintosh your processor tutorial" and just copy all required kext or efi files at their respected folder to get it works.
Now you can install it, and after that follow the post-installation in the tutorial or fix it by yourself with googling the problems.
Enjoy.
Have you tried to use different SMbios?

pls respond

I tried only iMac 15.1 and 14.2. I was told that if it uses a different generation of Intel CPUs it ain't gonna work well for me and there's a few that work with Haswell.

archive.is/RLQwF
This one?

Well SMbios for haswell is 14,1-4 and 15.1 though. Also try using 14.1 since x.1 is (usually) the default for hackintosh.

Actually I thought that 14.2 was default but maybe my memory is shit and I meant 14.1 then. Whatever comes by default. Thanks for the help though

Then change to 14.2 since it has at least similar processor with yours.

I will try this at some point

Is it possible to disable lvds? I don't need internal screen, reduces performance

Arch is super easy to install and it just werks. Seems like many people are having troubles installing macOS.

No way, don't compare that. macOS is more of an issue of time + specs. If you have the right build preparing the USB installer is as "difficult" as it is to setup a fucking virtual machine if you don't already have apple hardware somewhere. The rest is similar to windows, installation, setup after reboot and installing drivers and the bootloader afterwards (which is definitely easier than finding out how to install grub manually).

Arch without a guide is silly, unless you already used linux distros for quite a while.

Because macOS actually has software.

HOW DO YOU DISABLE INTERNAL DISPLAY AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH
SEPARATE DISPLAYS OR MIRRORING
IS THIS A JOKE

Will these specs work? Ive been thinking of btfoing my windows and hackintoshing. Are there any good guides out there?

I5 7400
rx 470
Gigabyte H110M-A

you disgust me

Intel CPU, AMD GPU and Gigabyte board are basically guaranteed to work

I have an Macbook Pro already but also have an FX-6300 system laying around. Could that work? Last time I knew AMD didn't work.
To message chicks an get the blue bubble meme.

I don't think it won't. tonymacx86 and insanelymac got some guides here and there. It's not too hard in your case.

Check out amd-osx, the forums and discord are very active and helpful.

They have installer images with the AMD kernel preloaded.

I know a lot people on there have the FX 6300,you should be able to get it done.

Used from ebay.
My first one fried after 3 years and now I have another one for one year.
Both were from ebay.
Remember that even if they are listed as new, they aren't. Don't be surprised
Its like 20 bucks or so
The Wifi needs a clover patch and bluetooth needs 2 kexts in clover
The only downside is that it miss miracast in windows 8/10

I NEED YOUR HELP FOLKS,

link me the guide you used, I'm having trouble installing, can't fucking get to high sierra install screen even though I have all the compatible hardware:

gtx 770
gigabyte z97x

this shit is retarded, I'm very tech savvy, hardware and software are my thing in this life, don't let me disappoint myself, help me hack the mac

Isn't about hardware, or the guide used
mac os can be installed on every intel x86 newer than coreDuo (excluding maybe atom or galileo or Edison), on every intel motherboard since 945
The problem is to patch your DSDT or to find one for your motherboard/cpu pair. Unless you find one for exactly the same pair, you should do is yourself.

replying to myself here, can anyone UPLOAD their config.plist file? I can't find a way to prepery edit it without a mac

I tried doing it myself but I'm really unsure if I understand correctly, it hangs every time

>tfw everything works
I may try upgrading to High Sierra sometime this week though

Anybody know if usb suport works good on nuc6 and nuc7 builds?

I would want to run a focusrite 18i20 on the hackintosh.

I wonder why they don't just install windows

Usb works (with patches) for every usb controller made by intel. 3rd party usb controllers , used specially on sandy bridge era PCs no longer works since 10.11. Unless your manufactured have drivers for mac os, you will have problems with drivers

>tech savvy
>can't figure out how to edit a text file

Oh okay. I think I'm getting AR9285 instead since it's cheap here.
Does it just werks?

It works but the performance is shit: 1x1, max 75 mbps for 20mhz iirc, 2.4 ghz only, the same band shared with bluetooth, you can't use a bluetooth mouse while you download something (ok, theoretically you can, but the cursor will giggle)
Its probably worse than you have now

Remember that lenovo and hp have wishlist for wifi cards

If you have a sandy era CPU on an Ivy era motherboard USB all works including USB 3. Without patches.

of course I can edit a text file you moron, it just doesnt fucking boot

You have not disproved anything I said

Isn't the config file, you need to patch your dsdt

I think I already have? what exactly do you mean by patching my dsdt, I can provide screenshots for info, just tell me what to do

Yeah, actually I just get information that I need to buy usb spi programmer to mod the bios. Does whitelist in lenovo really on the hardware lists? or you can still use lenovo approved wifi-card? (if it exists).

Shit, then I wont buy that then. Thanks for the information.

I have a problem with my 760gtx after high sierra update. Monitor connected to DP remains black until another monitor is plugged into HDMI.
Setting color to 10bit in SwitchResX gives black screen too.
What do?

thistbhfam

PCI/e cards contains 4 ids: chip vendor (eg:atheros), chip device, customer (eg:lenovo), customer device
All of them should match to pass the wishlist checks.
Not all ar9285 are equals. There are ar9285 made for lenovo, ar9285 made for hp, or for dell.
Even if your notebook support an ar9285, you need one made specially for lenovo

How to troubleshoot a hackosx boot failure: Boot every time (until is stable) with verbose (-v) flag and then try to set safe mode or single user
Do you have a kernel panic with lots of text and freeze or a instant reboot with no text?

Anyone know of a good way to obtain the ISO without a Mac? I cant really find any good download links without them seeming sketchy.