Hello Sup Forums I am looking for some feedback on these Herman Miller Aeron office chairs...

Hello Sup Forums I am looking for some feedback on these Herman Miller Aeron office chairs. I am planning on buying them second hand for around $350-$400 each. Are they good? Do they provide adequate lumbar support? Good padding for people with big butts?

Other urls found in this thread:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/fuo/d/herman-miller-mirra-2-office/6438095289.html
youtu.be/_R8bIIQxajA?t=16
youtu.be/cGEb-q5JMU0?t=11
youtu.be/sh5cpfiVtkE?t=38
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like mine. Make sure it's the newer one.

How do I identify the newer ones? I check Craigslist atm for good deals

They look a little different. Also the adjustable posturefit is very much worth it.

Fantastic, thanks. I'll look into it. Both my girlfriend(male) and I are looking to pick some up. How much did you pay for yours?

I bought it new. So just over a grand shipped.

those strap type lower back supports tend to start breaking after a couple years of daily use.
the higher end tension adjustable Y-shaped support are a lot more comfortable and durable.

thanks. thinkin about going with this and adding the options:

sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/fuo/d/herman-miller-mirra-2-office/6438095289.html

They're good, the Embody's are great, but expensive.

It's just a fucking plastic chair, how numale do you have to be to spend $300 on chair.

My work provides us with these chairs.
They are the best I've ever used and incredibly comfortable.

this

The chair is from the 90s, kiddo.

I prefer the steelcase chairs but those aren’t bad I guess.

So are you, undera--

Dank frog, champ.

patrician taste

i got a herman miller used, i think its one of their cheaper chairs
and i like it. im so glad, its got adjustable height and a way to adjust them in towards you and out straight. lets me sit anywhere i want to and rest my elbows as i type. sitting for hours, without your elbows supported or having ot sit weird or aiming your arms weird to get your hands on your keyboard, sucks

They are nice. The arm rests and the fabric are the weak points. But the chair itself is solid as fuck and will last a long time if taken care of.

>numale to buy an ergo as fuck chair you'll never have to replace again
back problems are the sign of an non-numale right?

> (OP)
>It's just a fucking plastic chair, how numale do you have to be to spend $300 on chair.
I just spent about $930 on this chair and I don't regret it.

OP since you mentioned being large make sure you get the correct size Aeron. If I remember right there are three sizes and you can tell by feeling under the plastic lip on the back of the chair. YouTube it. I read the seat can pinch if you get a size too small.

The Aeron I tried was the medium size and really comfortable, but I do prefer Steelcase like . Try checking out a Leap V2 if you're looking at the used market.

i got to test one out from a local official place.

look up official sellers in your region. if you have one they might let you borrow a test chair for a couple weeks.

it was very comfy to sit in but they take a while to get used to. i'm 6'4 so i used the type c chair. the first week my shoulders and back hurt a bit from sitting in it but that's because it's basically correcting your posture. once you get used to it then it's super comfy.

I don't own one but I have used them before. They are very comfortable but they're also kinda weird at first. With the level of comfort and adjustibility they provide $350 doesn't seem like a bad price for them.

930?? I got my gesture for $400

>$930 on a chair

UnIronical It will be great chair

chink chair $50-150, lasts 1 year minimum 5 years max, zero resale value or ability to repair
herman meme chair $1000 new, original chairs from dotcom bubble are still in use today, resale value and able to be repaired (for free during 10 year warranty if bought new)

fashion tier trash

For new? That's crazy nice for a Gesture. I didn't have a single used place near me and I wasn't about to pay the $350 flat rate to have one shipped from eBay sellers, so my options were limited.

Yep.

no, it was used but hardly used and apparently the building was being demolished so they were getting rid of their stuff. I'm pretty sure the dude was just selling stolen stuff though.

the embody is a cheap squeaky piece of shit, with garbage prosumer parts that offer the same adjustability as higher end gook chairs.

herman memer is made for redditesque apple snowflake office trash to roll around in. The only good chairs are custom made, with a starting budget of $3000 for low end.
Have your chair tailored to your needs and made by professionals, not some gook trash rebrand with a """designer"""" label from a company that knows more about fashion than proper engineering.

I have one and I love it.
also this
bought mine used for ~500€ on Ebay

Steel case leap here. Comfy and the bottom slides forward when you lean back -great idea!

The remastered version is better than the older ones, mostly due to the new lumbar support thing. I don't like the aeron or embody though because the concave upper back part rounds my shoulders. The embody is even worse in this regard. The other thing I don't like is that the material feels very rough on the aeron, not so much on the embody.

Would just sit in them and try. If it wasn't for the shoulders thing, I think it would be fairly comfortable as it fits the lower back better than most chairs. Another issue was the seat is a little short on the b, and a little long on the c for me.

enjoy your fucked up back

mmm... well I am a bit obsessive, and when I started to research chairs, I went through every tech company youtube video to see what they were using. One thing I found is that, despite all have thousand dollar chairs, I couldn't find a single person actually sitting on them in any kind of good posture.

Take this:

youtu.be/_R8bIIQxajA?t=16

t=16 if embed removes it.

Guy on left has hunched upper back
Guy on right has hunched upper back
Girl is sitting bolt upright. I see this a lot with the girls, they don't even use the backrest (may as well sit on a stool) and you are supposed to be reclined otherwise there is pressure on your spine.
Guy at back is twisted around

You can do this for every video and not find a single person actually sitting correctly.

So pretty sure these chairs might be a bit of a scam to some degree.

Here is another

youtu.be/cGEb-q5JMU0?t=11

Every single person in that video is either sitting hunched over or just leaning on the desk. You could do that in a stool.

It is the same with every single video and every single person.

Here is someone sitting on the embody:

youtu.be/sh5cpfiVtkE?t=38

Not even leaning on the backrest. All these $1500 chairs seem to actually do nothing to be honest.

>youtu.be/cGEb-q5JMU0?t=11

Second guy along is basically sitting under the desk.

Great work $1500 chairs. I am sure they are really worth it though.

i hated mine at the offices i worked at with them, the front lip for your legs always pinched off blood flow and made my legs fall asleep.

The people sitting the best in the videos are sitting on the floor using a laptop...... there goes all the ergonomics research I guess. The research is shit to begin with anyway. It takes people with fucked up spines from sitting their whole lives and sees what works for them.

If you have back or shoulder or neck problems, it is from sitting all day, regardless of your chair, and not doing any physical activity at the gym. Go sit on the floor....

Maybe if you faggots did any physical activity, your back wouldn't be so weak that you need a $1000 chair. I've been sitting in cheap chairs for 15 years, and my back is in great shape.

Yeah the chair is 1500$ bUt CAn iT dO IT?

I'd just buy a gaming chair for just 399

Mmm they have big lumbar pillows that poke your stomach out. Better to get a typical fabric office chair for $500 or so.

fabric chairs makes my back and ass itch.

They're a meme chair... it feels like you're sitting on plastic... because you are.