He fell for jewish gimmicks

>he fell for jewish gimmicks
This is all you'll ever need.

>friend of mine started spending thousands of dollars on fancy tube amps, gold plated shit, multiple driver iems, and expensive vinyl players for a .00000185% increase in sound quality
audiofoolery, not even once

wrong

>recently found out Sony no longer makes the MDREX58V
B-but they were perfect ;_;

There is a sweet spot in audio quality, you definitely don't need to spend thousands to get there, but you can easily spend hundreds, beyond that point, depending on your ears, what you listen to and where, the diminishing returns are ridiculously steep, and you have to either have "le golden ears meme" (protip: you don't) or be an absolute fool to spend thousands and thousands on audiophile snake oil.

Kz-s5 master race. Spend $30 on quality audio that will last you a while

Got a pair of KZ-ZS6 coming in a couple of days.

I like those.
They're cheap as a sin, sound nice and last a LONG time.

>tfw I'm a Jew and use these exact earbuds.

I'm thinking of buying this. How comfortable are they?

They're comfy enough. They do have sorta sharp edges, and they might start to rotate and into your ear a bit, but it's nothing a bit of adjusting every once in a while won't fix. Other than that, I don't even feel them.

I'm half deaf and literally cannot differentiate sound quality unless it's really, really bad. I always feel like I'm missing out on something when I listen to music.

I'm not half deaf and I can assure you, you aren't missing out on anything.
I went from a £30 pair of Sony headphones to a pair of HD600 (~£300) recently and the only thing I thought was 'yep, it sounds like music'.
Audio fidelity is a meme.

Ok, that's fine. I'll be ordering them. Have you tried the bluetooth module?

Not him, but I have and it's shit.

They're great but actually don't sound as good as my audio-technicas. They sound like 90% the same but definitely more muffled sounding, that last 10% is not placebo.

Alright, so those people who pay for 200 dollar headphones are jut retarded. noted

so are these like cheap shure knock-offs?

For my SE, the one out of the box is absolutely great. They dont break easily, theyre machine washable (found out through experience), and have decent audio. Dunno about android folks. Once i get a samsung note 8 or whatever the next one will be, ill look for something similar

1more triple driver headphones were a fucking revelation for me. combined with a decent portable DAC ($60's worth) instead of your crappy phone and FLACs instead of slushly lossy bollocks, it's changed the whole game. become an autistic weirdo who never goes out without being plugged in now and it's fucking great.

Yeah, I figured as much. Too good to be true.

Only pair of headphones i have had that wont break

fuk u goof

>Tfw i bought that exact pair on a total whim without ever seeing anyone on Sup Forums post about them and they're the only earbuds i use at all anymore

>purchase $200 headphones, start getting acne on skin under ear pads
>purchase $8 earphones, starts hurting after 30 minutes due to fucked up ear canals
At this point I'm just going get this koss ear clips. Has anyone use them?

probably need to assess your personal hygiene if headphones give you acne

I can't wear those for more than 5 minutes without pain

They sound great for the price. Terrible durability and zero noise isolation, though.

fucking earlet

I got some mee m6 pros and they are kind of trash. no bass and sounds like listening to music down a hallway. they say it's based on fit in your ear or whatever, but I had ~$30 sennheiser IEMs before I didn't have to have a fucking degree to spend time figuring out how to cradle my ear properly for your IEMs to not suck ass. I only paid $20 for them new though so I probably shouldn't complain

I have beautiful, sensitive, elegant little ears like a Danish princess, you just jelly

but can you take a dick in the ear?
i thought so

>he fell for the ear buttplug meme

I have it too and it's absolutely shit. It's fine for running and shit, but otherwise it's complete garbage.

Yeah,the acne part is a bit of a stretch. It's more like whenever I'm using headphones in hot weather, sweat accumulates at my sides and my skin gets oily/acne-prone and I have take them off so I can get my ears to breath and cool-off.

That's not too bad. I'll be looking more into the porta pros then.

From what I have heard, the Porta Pros don't have a tough cable like they used to. Koss offers lifetime warranty if you live in US, thought. You can also look into the cheapest Grados. SR60e I think it's called.

Be aware that KZ changed the model half-way last year. They moved one of the balanced armatures from the inside of the body to the nozzle. Head-fi says that they started shipping them around August of 2017 so your chances of getting the original version are pretty much null. I myself have the new version with the two balanced armatures in the nozzle, the treble is really, really sharp but that doesn't bother me because I like treble.

I have those. They're by far the best cheap headphones I've ever used.

I use Sony MDR-V6's on my desktop and I have Etymotic ER-4's. They Panasonic's don't sound as good, but they're way, *way* closer than any other < $100ish headphones I've tried.

You got the wrong picture, let me help you

Have JBL E45BT on ear and Symphonized NRG 3.0 earbuds. The Symphonized sound great with my Pixel 2 XL. well balanced and not overly bass-y.

>No mic
Yeah, no thanks buddy

The actual current goat ones are pic related. Better in every way, better sound quality than in the OP, mic. 10Dorra. Thank me later faglets

>left-right wires are of different length
L A T E N C Y

that's just a stand
>golden ears meme
golden ears or get out.

>speakers
>in plastic/metal
>not wood
shiggy

Bought Xiaomi Hybrids Pro HD instead of KZ memes. Did i do good?

>Pure Bass Sound
*vomits internally*

Are those pretty much like VE Monks?

Honestly wireless headphones have come a long fucking way. Everytime I see someone with wiring hanging out their shirt it's like seeing a Neanderthal in the wild.

another user - I have the cable - battery lasts for 4 - 6 hours, works as it should, audio quality is bettter than on jack on huawei p9, i like it

duuude
I have had these since I was sophmore in high school,
still got them all these years later work just fine
love em

Dont get all neurotic on the marketing buzzwords. The things have good sound, good built quality (mine didnt brake so far and i break these things easily in a weeks time, t /fit/ god) and the bass is quite amazing for 10 dollars.

The bass is too much on this and if you can't notice that then idk

>eardildos
no thanks

i fell for this meme when i was 16. They did sound amazing depending on the little bass plates you used, but after a year or two both sides went out and im too retarded to know how to fix them.

I'm still mad that I lost these fuckers a year ago.
Bought them for like 7 bucks with shipping and they could easily compete with other inear headphones in the 40+ $ price range.

You are definitely half deaf too if you can't tell the difference between an HD600 and ~30$ headphones.
I don't deny that there is a lot of snake oil out there, but up to a certain point audio gear does make a difference.

Feels nice not being a pleb, enjoy your shit earbuds

Don't get me wrong, they are solid and have been some of the best you can do for your money, but at this point you can simply do better.
There's a lot of chink phones now that are great, the Xiaomi Piston 3s for example.

What chink iems are most similar to the Shure SE215?

Compared to the kz ate they are completely shit... The little ear thingies also fall out way too easy...
The sound quality is really good and I prefer it to the kz ate, the kz ate sound a little dull compared to them. But God damn, the kz ate are ten times more comfortable and block outside noise better too... And that's what I mainly bought these headphones, so I'm slightly disappointed with the KZ S5.
The memory ear cable is also shit.

>Feels nice not being a pleb
>uses glossy microshit tablet
doesn't check out

Let the autist post what he wants
He doesn't know too much about life

I can still hear up to 21000hz and pass any online hearing tests. I'm 26 so my my hearing is fine.

High-end audio gear is retarded though, of course I could hear the difference between them, and while they are undeniably better are they £250 better? No they are not.

This brings me to another point. Diminishing returns, it's real and it kicks-in at around ~£100. You can get a good pair of open-back AKG's here in the UK for that price. Going from £10 headphones to £100 headphones is much bigger leap than £100 to £1000.
Honestly anything after £100 and audio just becomes like wine tasting.

I'm still using KZ ATE certified Sup Forums earphones of 2017.

I can tell you that after I got my HD650s I heard music in a whole new way. But I probably have better hearing than you. I'm 27 and I can still hear into the 18-19kHz range. I use my HD650s with FiiO e10k and when I plug into the computer sound card I can hear a difference. I will probably upgrade to Objective2 dac+amp and stop there, not interested in spending thousands, I'm very happy with my current headphones.

For the commute/gym I use Sennheiser CX3.00 (paid $30) and I can delfinitely hear the difference beteeen these and some similarly priced Sonys or chink headphones. The cx3.00 used to be $60 iirc, but since you have new models out you can find them for half the price, if not even less. They still sound fantastic, in-ear drivers haven't improved that much in 3-4 years.

You did the right thing user

i think i have the same sennheisers, too much bass for my fragile ears

I don't think their too bassy. I got meme'd into buying rock zircons by /csg/ and those were more bassy than the Senns, although for the price ($11) decent headphones overall.

My ears can't stand too much treble, so I guess that's why I don't mind the CX3.00s.

>max hz is the only measure of good hearing
Do you have absolute pitch? Can you tell if both channels are balanced? Are you able to separate frequencies in your head? All these things come naturally to a trained ear. And to a trained ear, there is a remarkable difference between even between 100$ and 300$ headphones, especially when connected to a DAC and a good amp. There is really no contest.
Also, open and closed headphones are completely different.

Sennheiser is a company that's difficult to go wrong with. They're kind of like what Sony was a few decades ago. Probably a little too expensive but you tend to reliably get what you paid for.

Out of the way best VFM coming through!
Neodymium, 10mm drivers, L shaped 3.5mm jack, 1.2m cable, 16ohm impedance. Nice neutral sound. 7 euros. Used like 5 of these past 4 years. Used them outside, inside, Fell asleep everyday wearing them! No problem!

The joke goes, music lovers buy speakers so that they can listen to music. Audiophiles buy music so that they can listen to speakers.

Remax Rm-610d > Rock Zircon > KZ ATE

truth. i've owned two of the HJE120-A over the last 10 years (on my second pair now) and they're fucking incredible. each pair cost me 6 bucks on amazon. you literally don't need anything else.

*HJE120-A aka blue ones

That's my reasoning, too.

Owned all three of these and can safely say they are all great. I'm one of those retards who listens to music 24/7 and doesn't take any care of his headphones so they are perfect for me. I would say I like the chinese it ones a bit better than op's though.

Over-ear head phones used to make me sweat and I'd get occasional ear pimples as well. Pic related have a kind of vented material that is much cooler and more comfortable, I can wear them for hours comfortably.

I've been thinking about trying those Koss ear clips too though because I like wearing one ear at a time.

I ordered a pair from ebay. Prepared to be disappointed.

>meanwhile I'm unemployed NEET, living with mommy and being jealous of other peoples spending habits.
I finished your post for you.

When I had purchased the ZS5s I got myself a pack of Comply Foam tips cause the fit with these and I couldn't recommend them more. They don't fall out or shift around like the standard tips.

>Comply Foam tips
They are fucking amazing, I couldn't agree more.
I'd definitely recommend them to anyone.

Nice marmot.

a challenger appears

You are basically proving his point with this post. A lot of what you just said makes no difference to actual music listening experiences. He's also not wrong in that after around $150 diminishing returns are apparent and that there's only a small gap between that price point and the extremely high-end.
DAC and Amps offer little improvements if your source is already capable enough to drive the headphones.

Creative xFi supreme or whatever from this CES is the next big thing anons.

Save your sheckles

>This is all you'll ever need.
For what? Listening to random Spotify playlists while walking to the gym?

This works with everything source that has a standard 3.5mm jack without gay looking amps as catalysts. The only extra cost was a pair of Chinese velvet cushions. Why should I ever upgrade for negligible increase in sound quality?

How to clean ear from wax without raping yourself?

shit sound quality

At least post M50s, dt990s, or something

t. audiotard

Not bad, but way overpriced for the sound quality you get.

>M50s, dt990s, or something
HD598 are superior to both of those.

Is it true that all of you hate white people and yourselves too?

Soundmagic E10.

but those aren't airpods desu

>Owning shit headphones cause I'm a retard who's never tried higher end one, or is just poor and mad people are spending their disposable income the way they want.
Which one are you?

i dont understand why companies are still making non l shaped jacks, the amount of headphones i have had break just from the jack getting bents and shit while walking is just stupid

Wait... Why do those say "RQ:016N8M", and mine say "RQ:018NBM"

t. underage NEET

Mine are 4 years old and still going strong. The cable is ridiculously durable since I manhandle them most of the time. Are there any good earphones of this type? I hate the regular ones like in the op (rubber, blocks all sound, uncomfortable)