Sup Forums MADE ME FALL FOR THE STEM MEME

And now I'm competing with literally billions of Pajeets who make pennies a month. Thanks a lot, guys!

Should've just become a CPA.

Other urls found in this thread:

bigthink.com/ideafeed/we-have-less-bone-density-than-our-hunter-gatherer-ancestors
healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/office-space.jpg
cam.ac.uk/research/news/hunter-gatherer-past-shows-our-fragile-bones-result-from-physical-inactivity-since-invention-of
i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/04/05/3EEBEB2F00000578-4377778-image-a-23_1491281169894.jpg
wmsmile.com/connection-oral-health-physical-health-2/
thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/dsfds051147-525x350.jpg?w=322&quality=90&strip=all&h=215
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter-gatherer#Modern_and_revisionist_perspectives
trustnodes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/gregory-maxwell-pieter-wullie-blockstream-bitcoin-core-1175x500.jpg
cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/6cd49d5e71b502c239d3e3bcfc1fc98b?width=650
healthaliciousness.com/articles/high-sugar-vegetables.php
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I told you to become a bus driver, but you didn't listen.

Plumbers in my area are unironically making 90k/year, OP. Fucking plumbers.

Had you gone to trade school, you'd less deep in debt and would be making more.

If you're a generic code monkey, then sure, you should worry about the Pajeet. Most people doing a university degree don't end up hacking Java or JavaScript though, if you do you should have worked harder at getting into a trade.

>the plumber meme
Not this again.

if you can't compete in your industry, then you still need to hone your skills

>stem meme
>pajeets
looks like you went into CS or SE.

That's getting outsourced too.

You should become a lawyer or lobbyist or hedge fund manager. That's where the real money and power are.

If you're a brainlet or thug, you can still be an activist. You could bomb a small Midwestern town and molest little kids, but if you're woke enough Barbara Steisand will pay you six figures just to exist.

You'll always run into these issues unless you're going into medical. Relocate or become skilled enough that most pajeets can't hope to match you.

Poojeets get paid less because part of their salary has to cover the cleaning costs that result from their culturally inherent lack of hygiene and shitting on pathways.

The pajeet meme can only last so long. Most companies that make the mistake of hiring pajeets or outsourcing work to pajeets in India realize very quickly how much they're actually fucking themselves by doing so, when the result is a mess that doesn't work according to specifications and is even more expensive than it originally would have been to fix that shit.
The only companies that can afford to hire pajeets are Google, Microsoft and all the other giants that can afford to get the best of the best. Out of billions of them, obviously some pajeets will be good enough. The rest of companies that deal with the 99% of pajeets will learn to hate them soon enough.

Want to differentiate from the indian loos? Just let your work speak for yourself. Learn valuable tech, not web shit that anyone can do by copy pasting from Stack Overflow. Get into corporate development, project management. Learn valuable languages that no one else is learning anymore, like C, which is still used widely in lots of places, who have trouble hiring new people due to the lack of knowledge in the area.

Do shit that no one else is doing. Everyone knows Java, everyone knows Javascript, everyone knows the modern hipster web languages. Don't do that shit.

Microsoft hires 100,000 of us and our code is so sloppy it has to be re-written by 500 overworked white guys. This problem is known to industry peeps as "The Code Diaper"and you'd hear more about it if you were paying attention. It's ultimately four times more expensive to outsource because the work has to be redone years later by white guys. Indian code is patchwork rats nest shit that fails and needs to be completely redone the minute it's integrated into any bigger project. This is real info from a medium-sized tech company CEO that we've talked to several times. Indians fucking suck at coding, don't believe everything you hear about them being awesome. Also only roughly 10% of Indian business school graduates are employable.. this is possibly due to white racism (™) but perhaps it's also because Indian business schools suck.

Here is an email reply directly from the CEO of a successful tech company whose name you have heard at least once or twice:

You missed the mark. Indians are generally OK on skills, they just don't give a flying crap. They show up, do what you tell them, leave. Low on ambition and ideas. They blow their money on white BMWs and $300 dress shirts so they couldn't be entrepreneurial if they tried. They're probably just happy to not be in Mumbai. The sad part is all the big companies are crying "more H-1Bs!" but these are jobs that could and should be done by American high-schoolers. Pretty sure they wash their hands because there are signs telling them to. Not familiar with "Code Diaper".

>not going into bizarre neckbeard EE RF black magic
300k starting

>take an software "engineering" degree
>blame some autists that you shouldn't listen in the first place on a mongolian basket weaving forum
>blame ALL engineering fields like nuclear engineering for your own shitty choises

You arem't any better than pajeets, might as well move to pajeetstan.
Just remember not to go in to a bus

I lived in India for a year. Everyone is criminally incompetent. If they can take your job, you deserve it. Companies that hire them regardless of how much they suck are going to sink.

plumbers in my area literally make 100k+ why arent you a plumber yet?

pajeets can't get security clearances, just go work for the man

Why are you so worried about getting a job instead of using your time in college to network with people and create a startup?

>tajakhabrein.poo

why do people feel at ease putting themselves on the same level as java sweatshop workers? you're real human beings from the west, you are better

Pajeet is a meme too. It goes in cycles.
Phase 1: the government makes it easier to hire pajeets for whatever reason
Phase 2: Businesses hire pajeets and make short term profits while the pajeets keep the ship barely afloat via hacks, plagiarism and hucksterism
Phase 3: The government makes it harder to hire pajeets for whatever reason
Phase 4: As costs rise and pajeets are laid off/quit, the businesses suddenly realise what a shitshow has been made of their IT systems
Phase 5: They're forced to pay big dollars to have it fixed by competent natives

Outdoors physically active jobs are the best if you are smart and value health over money.

Wait, if they don't write java or javascript, what do they do?

>value health
what? most physical jobs will leave you broken

Real programming.

Ahh go look at tradies and then go look at computer nerds and tell me who is broken. Sitting in a chair all day is much much worse on your body then being physically active all day. It is important though to have a balance. So you don't want a job that is extremely physically active all day. An example of a balance is, for example, delivering parcels. You have periods of sitting in a car, and periods of picking up parcels or loading and unloading vans full of parcels.

So... guessing you are still at university.

>Sitting in a chair all day is much much worse on your body then being physically active all day.
Health insurance premiums disagree very much with that sentiment.

I work as an embedded developer. If you failed to specialize in a field, you essentially wasted your degree and money as you could have just gone to a programming bootcamp instead and gotten the same job.

If you're competing with Pajeets then you wasted your education.

Great source there. You are simply incorrect and out of tune with your own body if you think sitting all day in an office isn't destroying your health. You can just look around at tradies and other types of physical workers and notice the stark difference in their postures and muscle tone and so on.

>"Walking is better than a sedentary job, but it depends what you're doing when you're walking, too," Dr. Ronald Taylor, chief of physical medicine and rehabilitation for Beaumont Hospital in Michigan, told Mic.

>Researchers have linked desk jobs to increased incidence of back pain, eyestrain, obesity, and even colon cancer. The LSU study concluded that the decline in caloric expenditure at work closely matches the national increase in average weight. One Australian study found that men who sit at their desks for more than six hours per day were almost twice as likely to be obese as men who sit for less than 45 minutes. An American study found that women who worked at a sedentary job for 14 years gained 20 pounds over the women who worked in the least sedentary jobs.

There are literally thousands of these studies and basic understanding of your own body says it is designed to move.

I am not OP, I am just laughing at c/c++ developers thinking they are "real programmers" and java/javascript are script kids or whatever. You are just dumb and probably not even in your job yet. You are still at university if you have stupid opinions like that.

>You are simply incorrect and out of tune with your own body if you think sitting all day in an office isn't destroying your health.
People have a life outside the office, you know.

>You can just look around at tradies and other types of physical workers and notice the stark difference in their postures and muscle tone and so on.
And also how they all have broken bodies and retire at age 42 because their bodies can't handle it any more.

Manual labour is a young man's game, user. It isn't good for your body.

My point isn't what language you use you imbecile, but the fact that if you end up competing with unskilled Indian visa workers, you've clearly wasted your university education.

What is wrong about plumbers?
Plumber >> IT monkey, because IT monkey can't even do the simplest things around their house, like unclog a sink...

>go look at tradies
Most are obese with back and joint issues

The grass may not be greener my dude

Daily reminder that cs isnt stemq

I'm an "IT monkey" and I built my own hands with my father. I'm also a certified electrician, as I started out in that trade but decided I'd rather get a college degree and earn more money.

Then you are not a monkey.

>Manual labour is a young man's game, user. It isn't good for your body.

You think for the millions of years we were hunter gatherers that after 40 we took on desk jobs? I am almost 40 and am fitter than when I was 20. You sound like my coworkers who don't do enough physical activity or go to the gym. They are similar ages to me yet complain of their knees walking up stairs and say "they are getting old". They are too dumb to realize that the pain is from their lack of physical health, not from age.

By this board's standard, I am, as I'm working as a lowly network administrator.

>You think for the millions of years we were hunter gatherers that after 40 we took on desk jobs?
Please tell me how you believe millions of years walking on the African savannah prepared you for driving for UPS or lifting heavy boxes.

Also, let me remind you are free to compare the living standards of today's hunter gatherers and modern white collar workers. I don't know about you, but I'm glad my expected living age is 82 and not 52.

>I am almost 40 and am fitter than when I was 20.
This proves nothing, really. Maybe you were exceptionally unfit as a 20 year old.

>You sound like my coworkers who don't do enough physical activity or go to the gym.
Then they are exercising wrong.

You sound extremely jealous of white collar workers.

>Please tell me how you believe millions of years walking on the African savannah prepared you for driving for UPS or lifting heavy boxes.

We did more than just walk around. The boxes at those places are fairly light for safety reasons. Usually only 10kg or so, which is nothing if you are fit.

>Also, let me remind you are free to compare the living standards of today's hunter gatherers and modern white collar workers.
I would say the hunter gatherers living standards were much better and they were also much healthier. This is evidenced by fossils showing they had greater bone density, better teeth, etc.

>I don't know about you, but I'm glad my expected living age is 82 and not 52.
You are probably thinking of average age, which was brought down by infant mortality. Not really related to the topic.

>This proves nothing, really. Maybe you were exceptionally unfit as a 20 year old.

Ahh, it proves I can do a physical job all day. I have no problem at all doing physical work. There is literally nothing wrong with my body. People who use the word age confuse it with the effects of sitting down all day. Start complaining in your 60s. By then, you should actually be retiring though.

You sound like a shitty psychologist.

>Usually only 10kg or so, which is nothing if you are fit.
Except you lift hundreds of them, 5 days a week for several hours.

>I would say the hunter gatherers living standards were much better and they were also much healthier.
Then you are delusional.

>This is evidenced by fossils showing they had greater bone density, better teeth, etc.
Absolutely no. That's just plain wrong.

>You are probably thinking of average age, which was brought down by infant mortality.
Infant mortality has been There is literally nothing wrong with my body.
Except you are too stupid for a real career though and you're justifying poor life choices.

>Start complaining in your 60s. By then, you should actually be retiring though.
What kind of shithole do you live in? Retirement age here is 70 years.

Why hire them if they cost more than they are worth.

Sounds like I was right.

>I built my own hands
How did you build your hands without hands?

I don't understand what the OP image is conveying. Some taxi driver decided to suck up to a software engineer?
Why is that funny or sad?

Pajeet got paid so low that the taxi man felt sorry for him

Because management doesn't realize.
When an Indian marks code/assignments as 'done' that doesn't imply what it usually does and they don't know it.
Ahh that makes so much sense now.

>competing with literally billions of Pajeets
Pajeets are a meme. You're competing with smarter countrymen with better resumes filled with buzzwords and projects.

>crush princess pussy everyday
>get all the mushroom
Plumber's life > code monkey pajeet

>Then you are delusional.
Great sources as per usual.

>Absolutely no. That's just plain wrong.
The worst teeth they could find had the same decay as modern humans.

>Scientists have long thought that tooth decay only became common in humans about 10,000 years ago, when we began farming – and eating starchy crops that fed sugar-loving bacteria on our teeth. But Isabelle De Groote of the Natural History Museum in London, UK, and her colleagues have found widespread tooth decay in hunter-gatherers that lived several thousand years before the origin of agriculture.

Her team analysed the remains of 52 adults who lived between 15,000 and 13,700 years ago, and who were buried together in a cave in Taforalt, Morocco. They found evidence of decay in more than half of the surviving teeth, a prevalence of dental disease comparable to that of modern, industrial societies with diets high in refined sugars.

That is only one group. They found another group just as bad. Most they find have better teeth.

bigthink.com/ideafeed/we-have-less-bone-density-than-our-hunter-gatherer-ancestors

>Nicholas St. Fleur from The Atlantic writes on two recent studies that both come to the same conclusion: Our sedentary lifestyle is causing us to have brittle bones.

>Infant mortality has been Except you are too stupid for a real career though and you're justifying poor life choices.
This is the typical cognitive dissonance of the fat blob office worker who can't even provide a coherent or convincing argument complete with sources and resorts to name calling.

>Most people doing a university degree don't end up hacking Java or JavaScript though
They absolutely do.

Bing bing wahoo

>bigthink.com/ideafeed/we-have-less-bone-density-than-our-hunter-gatherer-ancestors
That's a fucking clickbait article, Jesus christ.

Also
>bone density as an indication of general health and life expectancy
>tooth decay due to sugar means sitting in an office all day is bad

You are delusional user.

>dat suicide rate
>dat stress
Nah senpai

>52
Try 30 or 40

What does tooth decay have to do with physical fitness and general health?

You:

healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/office-space.jpg

>That's a fucking clickbait article, Jesus christ.

cam.ac.uk/research/news/hunter-gatherer-past-shows-our-fragile-bones-result-from-physical-inactivity-since-invention-of

>You are delusional user.

i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/04/04/05/3EEBEB2F00000578-4377778-image-a-23_1491281169894.jpg

That guy is in his 60s. They live a hunter gatherer lifestyle and have for decades. Miriam Lancewood is the girl.

Do you look like him? No, you are the guy I first linked too.

wmsmile.com/connection-oral-health-physical-health-2/

Looks like I am educating a bunch of future cheetos eating office working slobs. I imagine none of you actually care about your health though, which goes back to my first point. Some people care more about money then health because they are dumb.

you say this but i'd say on average people who do programming are probably good at things such as this as theyre problem solvers. Not sure though might just be me plumbing is pretty easy desu so are mopst household repairs

Office workers in this thread:

thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/dsfds051147-525x350.jpg?w=322&quality=90&strip=all&h=215

>unless youre going into medical
i genuinly haven't seen a white doctor in a hospitol or doctors surgery in my city i live in the uk

I find it ironic that you were bitching about namecalling and now you're posting images and saying that "this is you, this is me" like you're fucking 5 years old.

Also, I pointed out where you were wrong.
1) Bone density is not an indication of general health, it means that we're more fragile than our predecessors.
2) Tooth decay (due to high-sugar diet) has nothing to do with working in an office, no fucking amount of running on your treadmill is going to stop that.

Also, regarding modern day so-called "hunter gatherers": en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter-gatherer#Modern_and_revisionist_perspectives

>healthhabits.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/office-space.jpg
Why are you hating on Milton? He'll burn your fucking house down.

his feet

He's clearly cherrypicking articles online that suits his agenda, ignoring the fact that modern hunter gatherer societies have significantly lower life expectancies and a fair amount of health problems stemming malnutrition from poor and unvaried diets combined with higher frequency of injuries.

because you didn't provide any level of debate other than "you are delusional". I am now resorting to posting pictures.

Programmers:

trustnodes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/gregory-maxwell-pieter-wullie-blockstream-bitcoin-core-1175x500.jpg

Tradies:

cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/6cd49d5e71b502c239d3e3bcfc1fc98b?width=650

>An uncited article from a fucking dentist's website
Please tell me you're not serious here. Besides, anyone with half a brain knows proper oral hygiene.

Hunter gatherer diets were more varied as farmers only ate a small selection of crops that were easy to farm.

Not that faggot user. I'm gonna give you some rundowns:
Nothing in general terms.
Teeth only decay from sugar acids, and sugar acids form from any sugar or starches, basically all carbohydrates, dissolving in your mouth or in your teeth themselves, after taking in food filled with them and not cleaning your teeth before the dissolution starts.
Worst is potato starch which is small enough to get stuck in your natural teeth micro-cavities, which is the reason Brits have it worse than some cultures since they eat potato shit like crazy.

Carbohydrates consist of fructose in fruits, lactose in all milk and milk-based products, starches from grain food, and of course sodas and sweets and such shit, but also some vegetables like peas and
healthaliciousness.com/articles/high-sugar-vegetables.php

Sugar is the enemy of both teeth and your weight.
Also always clean your teeth after vomiting and stuff some baking soda in that shit and rinse, so stomach acids don't kill your teeth, they do have an effect.

But I'm rich from trades and youre still shoveling shit with rajeet

>Gurven and Kaplan found that the modal (most common) age of death for hunter-gatherers who survived past 15 was 72

>because you didn't provide any level of debate other than "you are delusional"
Again, I pointed two issues (and I even pointed them out again).

You are conveniently avoiding answering those issues, because you are a dishonest cunt.

I'll repeat them for you.

1) Bone density is not an indication of general health, it means that we're more fragile than our predecessors.

The study you posted indicates that bone density went down when we shifted from hunter-gathering to agriculture (and thus changed our primary diets), it doesn't mention office working at all.

2) Tooth decay (due to high-sugar diet) has nothing to do with working in an office, no fucking amount of running on your treadmill is going to stop that.

How are either related to office working?

Oh and i forgot, lemon is fucking dangerous because of its acid. If you are to consume lemon, always accompany it with salt to negate acid effect on teeth. Either salt the lemon itself, or make sure the food you are taking is salty after the lemon-based shit.

Oh right, the reason hunter-gatherers don't have bad teeth as much as other people is not related to their physical attributes or health, but because most tribal cultures have a tendency to chew leaves and grasses which clean them shitters up from any sugars they may have took in from gathered fruits/vegetables or even glucose from meats.

>glucose from meats

>picking cs over business
LMAO

this user is correct. If you're really having a hard time finding a job because "muh immigrants" are stealing them, then that means one of two things. Either you're retarded, or the immigrants are smarter than you.
(hint: it's usually both)

There are a lot of southasian doctors, but they aren't pajeet tier. Med school isn't something you can bullshit your way through, so these guys actually know what they're doing.

>blood through which glucose circulates is magically nonexistent in muscles and meat in general and they don't have deposits
Son, trying to act smart when you are retarded doesn't work.

Well, this quickly devolved from
>why are you doing a CS degree, you're only going to get your pay lowered by a hard working Pajeet
to
>why are you even doing a college degree at all, you should work a trade or do manual labour for way less money
to
>why are you even living in homes, you should be out in the forest hunting and gathering

>he drinks blood and eats raw meat
I don't know about you, but I usually cook and prepare my food. The little glucose I'm getting from my beef is absolutely minuscule.

>why are you even living in homes, you should be out in the forest hunting and gathering

Exactly. Stop studying, don't go work in an office, go... go right now and just head for the forest. You fat slob cheeto eating office workers.

Roasting meat doesn't make the sugars magically disappear, in fact it helps convert any leftover sugars not converted into lactic acid into sugar acids which gives meat a sugary taste after a good fry.
Only when meat is cooked in water is the sugar problem resolved, which is why boiling is encouraged in diets.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactic_acid
Educate yourself before opening your mouth dumb brainlet.

Sup Forums - technology

>value health over money
I'm healthy and make bank at my physically inactive job. What now?

Are you serious user? He just said that he's considering the amount insignificant.

Sitting in a fuckign office chair all day is not what the human body is designed for. Having to debate this means you must be a progressive technocrat denying his own body and so on. Ignoring everything your body is saying and avoiding looking in the mirror.

A strawman is talking about some intense physical job, but there are many jobs with a BALANCE of moving and resting, that will lead to much, much better health. There are piles of research on sitting and its health effects, you can google them. The human body doesn't even breathe the same sitting in an office chair. The spine of humans that sit in office chairs all day isn't even the same shape as people who don't sit in office chairs. Corporations don't give a fuck.

Health is more important than money. Don't go into programming or any other sedentary job. Go hunt boar.

No you aren't. As the research shows, even going to the gym after work does not offset the effects of sitting.

He can consider it insignificant all he wants, it doesn't change the fact that all the acids and sugars inherent in meats stack over time in terms of teeth decay. Even lactic acid being far more present in wild animals than domestic butchering contributes to the better taste but also higher influence on teeth.

Posting random wikipedia articles doesn't prove your point. The amount of glucose from eating meat is negligible. Stop pretending, and just admit that you were wrong.

Who said I'm sitting that much?

Prove it is negligible. After being wrong about how much sugars and acids are retained in meats, now you are going to backtrack into playing sugar math. Clean your teeth you fucking poo, all numbers stack and even savage primitive tribes have noticed this after thousands of years and learned to constantly chew leaves and clean their shit.

Good then. But this is a topic about programming. It requires sitting in one spot all day, or standing and sitting in one spot, which makes no difference.

So why are you even here? Go do your manual labor and complain about "unhealthy" people that make 5x your salary to people that pretend to care. I'm sure they'll love to hear all the data from your clickbait articles and dentist's websites.

>Sitting in a fuckign office chair all day is not what the human body is designed for
Implying it was designed in the first place. But sure, excessive sitting is not good for your body.

>Having to debate this means you must be a progressive technocrat denying his own body and so on. Ignoring everything your body is saying and avoiding looking in the mirror.
Nice ad hominem instead of a real argument.

>but there are many jobs with a BALANCE of moving and resting
You know that most office jobs these days include hours for exercising and adjustable desks etc. Not to mention that most of the job doesn't actually mean sit down at your desk, as much as walking around, attending meetings and talking with other people. The real strawman here is implying that office workers are unhealthy slobs that eat bad and sit still all day and sit at home.

>There are piles of research on sitting and its health effects, you can google them. The human body doesn't even breathe the same sitting in an office chair. The spine of humans that sit in office chairs all day isn't even the same shape as people who don't sit in office chairs.
Again, having an office job does not mean sitting still all day.

>Corporations don't give a fuck.
They actually do, because no one wants sick workers with bad health. For example, I have 5 hours every week I am obligated to spend at the company gym which I get paid for (If I don't do it, I lose the hours). The company pays for an ergonomic specialist to come by every quarter and look at people's working spaces and give recommendations. My company even also sponsor 80% of my gym membership card (at the gym close to where I live).

>Don't go into programming or any other sedentary job. Go hunt boar.
Sure thing, Igorr.

Doesn't matter though. Because you don't even respond to him. You're pretending he's saying something he's not so you can act withing your comfort zone.
Tell him what amount he's getting per surface area meat and what quantity is significant to a life-long dental health.
If no evidence can be found either way you're both just guessing.
In which case the discussion should end and you should both fuck off to some other board. Wherever this fits. /fit/? /ck/? I don't care.

>Prove it is negligible
Look up the nutrients in 100 g of meat, user.

>now you are going to backtrack into playing sugar math
That was literally my point all along, see >He just said that he's considering the amount insignificant.

>Clean your teeth you fucking poo
I do, what the fuck has this to do with sugar in meat?

>all numbers stack and even savage primitive tribes have noticed this after thousands of years and learned to constantly chew leaves and clean their shit.
Their diets do not solely consist of meat. In fact, meat does not even make out a majority of what they eat, as they eat fruits and vegetables.