Wallets are technology

Wallets are technology

Does anyone actually use these hipster super minimal metal wallets?
I'm looking for a new one that's as thin and light as possible since I can't stand having a weighty as fuck wallet in my pants and stumbled upon them

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrslPHiz2mI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got the Xiaomi wallet.

Looks gay and inefficient as fuck. Probably perfect for you if you're a millennial soy boy who only has a debit card and no more than 20 cash at any time.

Works against skimming of your NFC cards.

But where does your change go?
Wallets that don't have space for any coins are retarded as fuck

Personally I have a man bag so that I can carry everything I want with me at all times.

>worrying about change
What are you, poor? You just leave it there as a tip like a true American.

Don't buy any of that shit. Buy a nice leather one in the same color as your dress shoes.
Anything else looks ridiculously unprofessional.

>americans tip because they subconciously miss the tip of their dicks

I got an allet wallet. They offer an ultra-slim that's all nylon, and a slim (slightly thicker) that's leather exterior with nylon pockets on the inside.

It fits in the back pocket of regular pants without sticking out and it holds up to 24 cards which is important to me because I have 14 credit cards, 3 debit cards, health and pharmacy ID cards, and three forms of photo ID.

Very happy with it and they offer an RFID blocking version if you care about that.

>14 credit cards
Yes, MURRICAN. I travel a lot for work and different cards have different benefits.

>3 debit cards
Internet bank (withdraw cash any ATM for free, fee the ATM owner charges is refunded by my bank), brick & mortar bank (for when I need teller service for shit like cashier's check or cash withdrawal), Flexible spending card (spend non-taxed money on qualified expenses like doctors appointments, prescriptions, sunscreen, etc.)

>blood donor ID card
Handy if I get hospitalized

>three forms of photo ID
Driver's license (need it to drive), US Passport Card (proof of citizenship/secondary iD), NEXUS card (trusted traveler program that I use on a weekly basis, card is required to use the kiosks entering Canada/US).

This

Where do you keep your coins

>a true American
Gtfo retarded murrican

I use some generic "genuine leather" (not real leather) leather wallet from Walmart. Because it just sits in my pocket 99% of the day.

I have a plain old leather wallet

my jacket is my "purse"
>wallet
>phone
>keys
>misc. EDC stuff
thank god for carhartt

These look pretty nice, not having any place for coins makes them unusable for me though.
Not sure how it is in MURRKA but you use coins all the time here since the smallest paper currency is just 5€.

In the US anything $1 or more is a bill. We have dollar coins but it's extremely rare to see them, a small minority of newer vending machines will give them as change and you never see them at a till/cash register.

allett has a version with a coin section (pic related).

I have an Arando Carbon Wallet, it's pretty nice and way lighter than you'd think with it being a nice high quality metal

>Where do you keep your coins
I put them in my shirt pocket, then I put them away in a box when I get home. I pick out a couple of them when I need them.

I keep my coins in my coin pocket. Always get rid of them as soon as I can.

>US Passport Card
That card is so fucking aesthetically pleasing.

That looks like it'd be a pain in the ass to pull out every time you wanted to pay for something. Chances are you will drop the entire tray somewhere when you are fucking around with it while your hands are full

I just put that stuff in my fanny pack

Looks like vaporware garbage

Especially compared to the NEXUS card, which looks janky as fuck. Outside of customs and airports it's basically useless as nobody recognizes it or thinks it's real.

The passport card has a pretty cool ultraviolet watermark too.

>vaporware
Not sure if you meant vaporwave, but passport cards started issue in 2008 and there are more than 15 million in circulation.

looks like a one day stamp card for the subway. Not even a 3D holographic image of the head? Tsk.

Literally not a problem if you aren't a bumbling buffoon

I use a black leather tri-fold wallet; it works pretty well.

OP, check out Bellroy. They offer a slim leather with a conecealed bill fold and RFID protection. Looks great and extremely slimming by design.

Mine is a really old and shitty wallet my dad bought for me because it had "Open Source" written on it and he said people who work with computers seems to like that word a lot.

Been using it for many years although I liked my previous wallet more but this one was a gift from my dad so fuck it gonna continue using it.

god is a piece of leather that heavy for you?

I've got a fake magic wallet that I got for 1.11$ when I bought my phone on gearbest
It's pretty confy and I was already used to keep money in a film roll case.
I'm giving it a try.
Only downside I've seen so far, but not a minor one, is that I have had to pick only 4 cards to always have with me and I have to use an additional card holder sometimes. Normally it stays at home and I sometimes end up not having the card I needwith me.

I'm probably getting back to my normal wallet in a week.

Are those bills under the coin?
Do you have to take out the coins to get the bills?

I use the strap to tie my bills to the wallet.
You can put them in the coin pouch as well though, if you really wanted.

oh, good.
It wasn't really clear from the picture

Looks like it would rip my pocket from inside.
No thanks, I'll stick to my good ol' leather wallet.

same
the best option

>he thinks having a debt card is good
>he thinks carrying cash around is good
the economic recession is over, gramps

>Anything else looks ridiculously unprofessional.
>judging people by their fucking wallet
the middle ages called

you could 3d print this at this point i'm sure

>no place for coins

>having NFC cards
Thankfully I could deactivate that shit through my bank.

How do you carry this? Holding in hand at all times seems overly tiring.

>14 credit cards
Holy fuck, whatever the reasons, that's a lot. I only have 1CC and 1 Debit and haven't had any issues when travelling whatsoever.

>not paying everything in cash wherever possible

this clip disguised as a wallet triggers me for some reason

>have filthy ass tri-fold velcro wallet
>literally falling apart at the seams
>backside has a coin pocket that has gathered years of rotting sweat and grime
>the grime has rotted and turned a putrid black
>smells absolutely nasty every time I pull it out
>probably smells even worse to the cashier who sees me pull it out
>don't want to throw it out because the seams have come apart in just the right way that i can pull every card out from the top including the window pockets

The pic isn't even in color.

Some kickstarter wallet shit that I bought years ago.

Was a scam for sure, but it blocks NFC and I don't carry a lot of cards (I have 5 cards + insurance note + some folded money)

I rarely use anything but cards when I pay for shit, but I've got like 40$ in folded up bills inside the wallet in case of whatever.

It keeps shit small and compact which is nice, plus it can open bottles and shit too so there's that.

>allet wallet
This looks nice, user. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

>having one pair of "dress" shoes

literally /fa/

A trifold brown leather wallet because I carry and use cash for almost all my transactions like an old man

I carry like 3 cards in there

got similar but just for 6 cards + single folded 100€ banknote

100% this Volterman wallet!

please buy these wallets, and please also leave them unattended along with your and your girlfriend's phone while they charge.

youtube.com/watch?v=WrslPHiz2mI

I hate products that enable those who are irresponsible with possessions

>Wanting banks and government to know where you have been and where you have spent your cash

Very true, your wallet should also match your belt.

Machine Era Ti here.
Absolutely love it

>metal wallets
Do you like sitting on a metal chair? If not, then why the fuck are you wearing a metal wallet? You'll wear out your fucking pocket and make a dent in your ass.

>and make a dent in your ass.
your wallet goes in a front pocket, not a back pocket.

It's beautiful but
>oriented the wrong way

my search continues.

But I have other stuff in my front pockets

>user literally doesn't know how to use pants
I'll explain to you:
phone in front pocket. keys and shit in other front pocket. wallet in back pocket.

thankyou

Phone and wallet both go in the same front pocket, probably the right-hand one if you're right-handed. Putting a wallet in your back pocket is putting out a welcome mat for pickpockets. It also makes it easier to just plain lose your wallet and not notice.

are you a girl or something?
why are your back pockets so small?

They aren't small. They're just useless, because you sit on them and because someone can take things out of them without alerting you much more easily than from a front pocket.

I honestly can't relate.
My wallet is purposefully very thin so I am not bothered when I sit on it.
>id
>a few bills
>credit card
And I don't know if I can relate to the theft thing. Mine sits very deep in my back pocket and am aware of that sort of thing. Where I live is not very crowded so I don't bump into people like that much.

>Putting a wallet in your back pocket is putting out a welcome mat for pickpockets.
I don't live in the 3rd world or Chicago.

what a fucking retarded gay commercial
ive rarely seen anything that screams bugman subhuman as much as this

If its very thin then it'll fit in your front pocket along with your phone just fine, since your front pocket is larger.

Pickpockets travel to where the nice areas are, they don't sit back and wait for you to come to the shitty ones. They're widespread in major European cities. Why not cut down on the risk by putting things in your front pockets? You still lock your car even though you don't live in a 3rd-world country, yes? There probably aren't any car thieves about, but it only takes a moment.

not on jeans they aren't
and since I sit most of the time it helps to have less clutter in the front. But I don't tend to carry a lot (except for a phone and a notepad) anyway.

>They’re widespread in major European cities
Well good thing I’m not European then, huh faggot?

I use a similar one, but not as hyper minimal.

It was good when I didn't need to carry cash. Now I have three wallets and mostly still use it because sometimes I don't need to carry cash on me but I need ID.

>Where do you keep your coins
What coins?

In US when nigger with 9mm asks you for your wallet front or rear pocket doesn't make any difference.

Yeah, it doesn’t, because I always pull my .45 out of my waistband. It doesn’t matter where I put my wallet. Sorry you have to worry about where you put your ultraslim bitch-boi wallet.

i fell for this meme

Simple leather card wallet works best for me.

Rigid metal ones tend to scratch the shit out of everything else and ruin/make holes in pockets.

I have a wallet extremely similar to that. It's a YD and has slots for four cards (I can cram around three cards in each slot if I need) and has a cash compartment in the centre. Works great.
Previously I was into DOSH wallets. But they're overrated hipster tier shit. They work well but nothing beats just simple leather.

Holy shit do you literally carry no cash?

I have a few bucks on hand but nothing more than 50 bucks for tips and places that don't accept cards. Use credit card for nearly everything. Purchase protection, benefits, cash back, and no fumbling with coins.

>not paying with your phone