be software engineer

> be software engineer
> get married to non-software engineer
> love her dearly
> she can't find work in our city (Seattle)
> suggest she try learning front end
> she spends four months doing some front end projects
> four months
> four
> 6 figure offers from eBay, Facebook, and Microsoft

Having experienced this first hand it does seem MAYBE a little unfair. But we're looking at buying a really beautiful house now so I can't complain. Plus she's poised to learn a lot at her new job and will likely catch up to her peers in a year or two. Feels good.

I think it’s a good thing shitty tech companies lower the bar so much just to pull in minorities and females. It only hastens their destruction.

>> 6 figure offers from eBay, Facebook, and Microsoft
wow she must be pretty
enjoy your divorce though

> shitty tech
> ebay, Facebook, Microsoft

maybe eBay

what's a front end

this,

You better keep her scared if she ever thinks about divorce or you better be waaaay better looking then she is. Otherwise, you're fucked.

It would be pretty heart breaking but I don't think we're headed there.

I mean.. if we get divorced because she found success then I guess she wasn't the right one for me and didn't love me anyways. It would be sad but life goes on. Better than spending your life with somebody who isn't in it for the long haul.

you've already been cucked then if your response was that naive

Minority here. Would rather us not have jobs so we'd be forced to rob you? Or would you rather us contribute to society and have enough money to comfortably enjoy life and not rob you?

Either way, I enjoy passing up John and Tyler because they can't into C.

who hurt you user? do you need some kisses? :* :* muah!

I'd rather just have equality man

aah yes, anonymous anecdotal evidences

>cucked
>angry at some someone's marriage
I'm sorry she left you for a better man user. Here's an eHug and an iBeer.

m8, meritocracies don't work when interviewers have been raised with systemic and and inherent bias. It's not their fault. I don't consider them racist and I don't think they're evil. But, the only way things would work is if we had a truly double blind interview process. This isn't really a useful way to conduct software engineering interviews so an easier approach is to allow minorities to rise enough in the ranks that perhaps we can achieve a true meritocracy in hiring.

>Put on a wig
>Apply some cheap $1 lipstick
>???
>"Look at me I am the wymyn now"
>Acuse anyone that present any objections as bigots, shut them down
>???
>Profit

You can only bring a system down from within. Death by a thousand cuts.

Why can't we just call it what it is? An initiative to bring in a long under represented group into an industry? I don't think anybody is mad at that.

I want equality too user. I'm a self taught programmer that managed to get a job at a mechanical company. No degree. I had to compete with over 9000 Indians.

I am mad when you bring incompetent workers into the field just because you need 'muh equality'.
Women dont do STEM because they don't want to. They have the SAME opportunities to choose the career, I didn't see any sign saying 'no woman allowed' when I signed up for CS.

Literally this.

The black one on the left is a bloody bloke.

user please don't say things like this. She looks like a normal black woman to me.

Ebay is the only good company OP mentioned

I bet you've never worked in a force diversified department

Hint: they are underrepresented for a reason

There is a ton of pajeet woman at Microsoft. It gets the SJWs mad because they barely consider pajeets or asians minorities here. It's like it has to be a black or hispanic woman to count.

THIS!

>>>/Tumblr/

You haven't created a meritocracy in hiring - you've created an environment where companies will hire the lowest possible bidder (H1B visa holders galore, oh boy!) and devaluate the American labor market overall to do it.

Everything you just posted tells me you've never worked in HR before and seen the true idiocy and malignant stupidity of the Stacies there.

>systemic and and inherent bias
not once have i ever in my life heard this concept explained. it is always simply declared. i think it is just bullshit to justify racism in favor of minorities.

programming is just overrated as fuck
people are larping how hard it is and how much math you need know only to keep normies away, thus lowering competition.

In case you're not trolling and is just a retard. Front end is the front of websites, the layouts and shit.

It's pretty easy mode and can be learnt in a couple of months. But people think something as simple as HTML is black magic so they pay waaay more than they should for something simple.

>software engineer
programmer

> be software engineer
> Everything you just posted tells me you've never worked in HR before

What gave OP away?

this

"programming" is too wide a topic to just include it all in the same bubble.
You cannot compare programming a physics engine in C++ to front-end developing.

How did she pass the whiteboard interview?

Kek, C developer here, and nearly all my coworkers are white dudes with a few Asians and Indians thrown in.

Also, nice false dichotomy: dude, lower the standards so that we can qualify for jobs, or we'll rob you :)

Companies are desperate to hire women for PR reasons.

Does OP have to pretend to be a feminist now? lol

In an actual industry position, when you "program a physics engine" you are likely not the person who actually thought about and specified how the physics engine should work. I interned at a games company that you all know of, and I can tell you that some actually brilliant person just passes on a detailed spec to retarded undergrads like me.

Even in university, professors just give undergrads (again me: retarded) to implement their research papers.

It's not quite as trivial as front end but it's certainly not as hard as thinking up the damn thing .

C-suite fags are desperate to hire women for busting a nut reasons.

Just ask Fox News

Your wife will cuck you in the near future, congratulations.

if you don't have kids already, your marriage is null and void to begin with

We're hoping to have kids soon. I was a big chubby baby so I'm looking forward to a couple of pudgers running around the house.

>I interned at a games company that you all know of, and I can tell you that some actually brilliant person just passes on a detailed spec to retarded undergrads like me.
Give details, I'm curious.

I’d rather the best person get hired for the job regardless of race or gender.

> she spends four months doing some front end projects
what projects? what technologies is she working with?

I work in datashit and none of the women actually last.

What they get for having lower standards is more turnover.

Meritocracy is a rare thing in this spoiled award-for-everything society, where the bars are set to the lowest common denominator, everyone is equal and anyone can be anything,

Back to Sup Forums you troglodytes

I interned as a 3rd year in CS. We weren't quite doing an overhaul, but there were some substantial updates to the rendering engine.

In my experience there is a team of three interns assigned to an engineering manager. The engineering manager is likely not doing much coding anymore and is doing the actual hard part of coaxing out the business requirements and holding our hands through navigating the legacy code.

We work for a few weeks with the manager (substantially the manager is doing the work) trying to get a list of functional requirements.

Once we gathered those we write a shit tonne of tests that any person who can read english and has worked with the testing suite can write.

Then we write up plans for architecture. These are heavily modified and fucked with (again by actually intelligent people) until they are good enough to pass a design review by another cohort of intelligent people.

Finally, the group of three retarded dunce undergrads pretend to be intelligent as we bother our manager to explain the intricacies and dumb down the language into diagrams that we can follow.

Then the rest is straight forward. Just turn the english into code.

This is how we functioned as interns but I saw most of the level 1 and 2 engineers doing this too. There's an obvious competency divide between senior engineers / tech leads and the rest of the technical staff. They call the shots and we fuck around implementing their work.

That's genuinely nice, good for you.
I'm a bit envious.

Hmm I'm going to get my girlfriend to learn some javascript. She likes puzzle games and I think she's sick of being an elementary school teacher.

Do you mind saying what company? Was it well known game engine or inhouse engine for game company? What size and types of games?

t. manager

But yeah, I've seen it working like that, too.
But mainly because coding, other than a little logic requires a lot of experience and knowledge.
I'm a pretty smart guy and was really disappointed in seeing how it almost doesn't matter, as the most important thing is knowing the framework, knowing the pattern, having used it countless times, having found where some code works and where it doesn't.

Just don't force her.

I just served JSON APIs to her the way I'd do it at work for the front end team. She used those to build out pages in
> HTML
> CSS
> JS
> the variants of these like scss, coffee script, etc typescript was her favourite one.

after a week or two she had reasoned through the important part which is how to google shit. She also caught on to using flex-box which was a proud moment for me. After that was covered we spent a couple weeks going over bootstrap and foundation and basically fucking around with grid systems. Also went over discussions about "theming" and how to structure code in a reusable way. Modularity is often not an intuitive concept to non-technical people so this was the most difficult part.

So at about a month in. She's been learning the aforementioned lessons by picking pages from land-book and other websites she liked and re-creating their look and feel. That got old quickly so we moved on to javascript frameworks like Angular and React. I know a bit of these so I could explain the core concepts and walk her through debugging, but her progress was largely self-dependent.

So from month 2.5 onward she just focused on quantity over quality .Made an "app" every week or two with frameworks she liked. One I liked was kind of a tinder for roommates. One was something in electron for us to communicate. Sort of like a slack. I had to help her with the back end but otherwise she did the rest. Stuff of that nature.

I think anybody can get into it but they just need some help in the beginning.

Also note that she was at home and had nothing to do which is why she was able to spend so much time working on her skills.

is this a reddit thread

upvote me to karma heaven. baby

Someone should make an experiment in which they make fake male and female coder identities with identical qualifications and coding abilities, to see who gets more calls.

Not me though, I'm too lazy.

They already did a general study about this. Women get better opportunities

this tbqh senpai

If I want to become a front end engineer what languages should I learn?

I also thought she is a tranny and I am a tranny.

>yfw she still gets alimony and now she's making her paycheck + a nice chunk of yours

>i need special treatment because im inferior
>my only other option is being a thieving nigger
fucking kill yourself

>married
jej
>girlfriend
>my
>implying

>Minority
Feels good knowing it will be easier to get a job after graduation.

How to become minority?
t.white male

Becoming a hispanic tranny is always an option

Experiments with blind hiring indicated that the preexisting bias was in favor of women and minorities. That's why no one does blind hiring: making choices based strictly on merit results in a politically incorrect race/gender balance.

wait

>Here's an eHug and an iBeer.

Welp, time to invent that before someone else does

>hispanic woman

Lmfao you foolish little man, nobody gives a shit about Hispanics. They rarely voice their opinions about representation.

Blacks do this that's why despite being 12% of population you seem them plastered all over the media. Look at OP's picture, no Hispanics whatsoever, just an Indian.

Don't count on it. White males are still considered privileged even when they get systematically murdered in South Africa.

I'd rather you be back in your shithole.

This trend of appending random job titles with "engineer" really grinds my fucking almonds.

I do this and wodrpress/forum install with custom css shit and plugins. Where's she finding that work? I just freelance to get mine so far.

Quality reply, thanks user. Maybe I'll forward some of these suggestions to my sister who is also working her way into tech.

>forced to rob you
>forced
>to rob
Typical shitskin mindset

She's 100% gonna get dicked down by some CTO within the year.

I'm not a speedrunner user. I can't do this. I have dignity.

I remember when my woman did that. I quickly learned that my money was hers, but as soon as she made money that was also hers and then she saved that shit up and moved away leaving me with the debt. I hope that doesn't happen to you.

I sincerely hope you're either not a minority, it are simply trolling, because as a minority myself, it's bullshit like this that's a cancer to our reputation (which is already crap to begin with, due to shit hole countries). This reverse racism/affirmative action nonsense is only gonna bite us in the ass once people start realizing what bullshit it is.

In NYC you can pretty easily find wordpress "developer" jobs that pay around $35k a year

It ain't much, but it's experience at the least.

she's gonna be actively (consciously or subconsciously) provoking it
I mean, you have all these successful high-flying mid-6 figure making leaders. And a pudgy code monkey at home. WWJezebelDo?
She's gonna get some perks alright. If there's a good enough offer, she may even swing for a divorce+alimony special, while being some rich/influential bigwig's side piece.

>I quickly learned that my money was hers, but as soon as she made money that was also hers and then she saved that shit up and moved away leaving me with the debt.

>expecting loyalty and fairness from women
men, when will they learn

>she
>"her" existence
>implying
>woman
>my
>implying

this is a tech board. not a place to post your cuck fantasy story

Can you go into some more detail on this 4 month fast track for us? Any certs or online courses specifically? Any portfolio advice? This could help us.

read

>certs
"be female/minority/queer"
maybe throw in some kloss-tier pretending
there, that'll be $69.99

Sardeek stop stealing printer paper.

for those of you curious about the whiteboarding interviews and pair programming interviews, I knew of a site called leetcode or leetcoder or something. if you pay for the pro version then it tells you all the questions that the big N companies ask. i think all of her interviews were variants, though Facebook interviews were exactly the ones listed online. She practiced those for 3-4 hours a day while working on side projects for about a month, and apparently they went well. I didn't press for details because I know what it's like to be unsure of yourself after a whiteboarding interview.

Kek 4th from right looks like me. Are these companies still recruiting?

how'd you do it user
what did you teach yourself
how good were you going in

If she makes more he willl make money

>4th from right looks like me
post feminine benis

yeah actually though, that guy is a moron

eh, if she's not completely retarded she'll get decent advice from a lawyer on how to jew the situation up in her advantage (e.g. agree on lower initial salary / part time) to make sure she gets more free money
never let a good divorce go to waste

Such companies are going to be the companies that get overcome by real tech innovation. It's a problem that will solve itself.
This. If you ever observe an unqualified woman in such scenarios she's literal putty in management/executives hands. Always getting taken out to lunch and pass around by the corporate husband(s) who will never marry her. Gets arrogant and hostile to decent men, ends up childless and salty by middle age and starts claiming the men who played pass the ass in the office raped her.

If he has a good woman this wont happen but such women are rare. They start making big money and get a taste of power and they begin losing it. Especially if they are getting attention at the office. Suddenly she'll become more dedicated to her job than home then come the late meetings and business travel and you're pretty much assured at that point that more powerful/monied men are getting words in on the side and busting off nuts in her when you're not around.

I've seen so many cases of women being shown their potential and absolutely being lost in the new attention/power they gain. Men tend to go through trials/tribulations that teach them its all vanity when they're young and a job is nothing more than something to get the bills paid. Women get well paying jobs and it becomes their life as does the office cock.