Red pill me on Italy. For some reason, I have a subconscious bias towards Italy...

Red pill me on Italy. For some reason, I have a subconscious bias towards Italy, I always find myself supporting the Italian football teams when the English football teams go out of tournaments. It's one of the countries that I would like to visit one day so I'm wondering whether it is actually good or whether it's a shithole.

Some parts are absolute shitholes: Namely Calabria, Naples in Campania, most of Calabria, Sicily, Apulia and Sardinia.

Some parts are good to live for a while in but there's no much to see like Milan.

Some parts are just spectacular: Most of Central Italy, where you have Florence, Pisa, Siena and other marveolous city, the North is also great: Modena, Bologna, Padova, Turin, the North has both the culture and the wealth.

It's a very diverse country.

Yes because the Pompeii ruins aren't an amazing place to visit?
Why do you north italians hate the south so much?

It's a country with an awesome history that is stuck in a 90s time loop, so yeah it's great.

South is literally shit, it was great in the past but if you go there you will see how the mindset is still in the 60s.

>red pill me
fuck off, Sup Forumstard

Is Naples really that shit? I heard they have really nice pizza there and I'm fairly certain that it's pretty close to the Pompeii ruins.

>implying Sup Forums invented the red pill/blue pill analogy

We don't hate the south, it's just poor and backwards. It's almost as bad as Eastern Europe, but eastern Europe is getting better while the south keeps getting worse

Best pizza in the world, mafiaest city in italy.
You cannot ride a motorbike with your helmet or they might kill you, literally

Naples has some beautiful places but the city is dirty and chaotic

It's trashy, literally. The harbor is filthy and smells of sewage. They're starting to clean it up since I was last there though, so that might have changed.

>being so triggered by a meme

You just use them as a proxy for france. You're a francoboo.

becuase italian posters on Sup Forums came from the north/middle of Italy. it's just an attempt like any other to seem edgy, in fact south Italy is perfect for (summer mostly) tourism.

Isn't the south part of Africa by now?

Naples is a pretty small but very enjoyable town. off course stay out from the suburbs

Spring tourism in Northern Italy is GOAT

fuck off with this shitty meme...there's obviosly many refugees and immigrants but they're use to move towards Italy to reach way more rich nations like Austria , Swiss or France. Some of these remain in the south as slave in agricultural fields or in some structures away from the major towns.
srry for my engrish

Fuck off cunt. Piemonte has half the beauty sicily has to offer

ou want an accurate review?

South Italy:

>Sicily:
shithole, mafia still exists, Palermo is ridden by mafia, poor, a lot to see if you're into art and you're a tourist
Calabria.Absolute shithole, poor, the cities are squallid but there are some interesting places, mafia still exists there
>Apulia:
Bettern than Calabria but still a shithole for the most part, Salento is the worse part of it
>Campania:

Mafia is very active, especially in Naples, the ruins are interesting so again, a nice experience for a tourist, Naples is a shithole though but has a beautiful town centre while the rest of the City is a huge dirty shithole, Salerno is nice
>Molise:
Not much to see, poor shithole and no jobs like the rest of the South, not a lot of Mafia
>Basilicata: see Molise
>Sardinia:
poor, shithole, no jobs, but no mafia, most of the cities are kinda ugly and mediocre, there are some interesting ruins and sites if you're really into history, but that's true for most of South Italy
>Abbruzzo:Ok guys, it's getting better, a little richer, no mafia, not really interesting to visit as far as I know
>Lazio:

The tourist's dream, with tons of different sites to visit, but sadly Rome is a shithole now, poor, criminality is high, pseudo mafia, chaothic, dirty, there are ups and downs, I'd say it's ideal for a tourist, less so for one who wants live in it but still one of the most culturally rich Italian regions and of course Rome is really "alive"
>Umbria:

Here things start getting good: quite, nice, beautiful cities, it's a comfy region although it's not the most populated or "alive" region
>Tuscany:
Wow, just wow, Beautiful, rich, alive!

Florence is beautiful, Pisa too even if less so, a must see for a tourist, Italian culture at its finest.
>Marche:
Meh, compared to its neighbours it's mediocre, it's not poor and it's really alive during the summer but other than that it's not a Must see.

T. Brambilla Fumagalli

>Emilia

A word to describe it is:

Beautiful: the perfect mix of rich and culture.

Bologna is marvelolus and a joy to live in for a student, tourists will love it but those who live there will be even more glad: Ferrara, Bologna and Modena are a must see.
>Liguria:

Nice over all, Genova isn't bad but it's not remarkable, it's good but worse than the rest of the North, a black sheep so to speak.

>Lombardia:

A good region over all, the cities are nice, Milan is the center but it's not a beautiful city, it's alive and it's good for a student to live in, it's the bridge between Italy and Europe, some hate it, some love it, what's sure is that you're more likely to find a job if you live in the area.
>Piedomnt

The top of the top, Turin gives the average person a good chance of settling and finding a job like Milan but it's much more beautiful, a beautiful region over all, the Egyptian museum in Turin is a must see, a very good region over all, though a tourists might prefer Emilia or Florence.
>Valle d'aosta:

Not much to see here, it's very small, the landscape if beautiful and if you're into skiing and snow then there's that, a comfortable small mountain region

>Trentino

Rich, beautiful and mountainous, it's really clean and it's almost like a part of Austria, it's very good over all and has some interesting parts, not at the top but close to it
>Veneto:

Another dream for a tourist, you know it, Venice is gorgeous, Padova is nice, a good region to live in and a must see for a tourist of course, with its unique history and architecture
>Friuli

Nice over all, Trieste is a beautiful city, not a must see in my book but still pretty good.

I can agree with this

>Trieste
>Italian
Give Slovenia it's land

Thanks

t. noncountry

I am literally Terrone of the North

>Padova
>great

It's one of the most awful cities I've ever seen, along with Milano and Genova.

t. padovano

I've been to Naples, Pompei and Sorrento
I've been to Apulia and Calabria
I'd like to visit Sardinia.

Southern Italy is not a shithole, food and people are overall better than the North.
Stunning beaches and bitches.

No, it's not, Sup Forums is full of edgy Northerners.

>Apulia
>shit

This is literally every apulian town.
Stay mad polentoni

southern italy is actually nice as a tourist tbqhwy

i feel like all the northern italians who talk a lot of shit have actually never been to south italy

I have, it's cool to stay there for a week or 2, but living there is another type of beast.

t. vandalo del liviano

So you have also lived there?

The beach is nice, the buildings are literally middle east though

there's a saracen hut in every city?
makes you think

t.utter retard spewing inaccurate "facts" about places he never visited in his nigger-tier Engrish.

My parents are from southern italy, but they moved to Lombardia.
I used to go there for 2-3 weeks every year and I could not stand the people there and all the sagre.

T butthurt terrone

What d'you want skycrapers on your sea view?

nah m8 quartiere universitario or bust

è lui o non è lui?

Why is this a meme in Italy?

You just have to read this thread, or /ita/, or whatever Italian forum for that matter, to learn about northern Italians.

Yes, they are extremely butthurt because they will never be accepted in the white people club: Austrians and Germans consider them niggers.

They are extremely volatile, emotional, sissified faggots. Just look at this thread: they just can't take a joke/meme/insults, and start to foam at the mouth like apes, furiously tapping on their keyboards, writing disjointed posts in their signature broken English, interspersed with their favourite word: "T-TERONE". A clear sign of their low iq, and general nigger-like behaviour.

Notice that the current Italian president is from Sicily, and that their main party (the northern League) is headed by a Palestinian-looking dude. Also notice that said party was almost destroyed because of..corruption. Yeah, they babbled for years about kicking out these corrupt, good for nothing southern Italians...until they got caught doing the very things they were preaching against. And Berlusconi, the most corrupt, swarthiest leader the First World remembers, is a stereotypical, born and raised northern Italian.

As a last resort, they will vent their frustrations on southern Italy: they love to describe the place as some sort of african wasteland, where gangsters roam free, garbage is everywhere, civilization is unseen, people are brown, dirty peasants looking for the next white person to prey on. Northern Italians absolutely love, in a weird way, southern Italy: it is the great scapegoat they can shove in every discussion to feel better about their nigger selves.

The mafia is more present in the North, because they aren't niggers driveby-ing around the "hood": they are criminals doing illegal business and they go where the money is. The garbage? It was a thing in Naples...8 years ago. Naples=/= southern Italy. Like Detroit is not Michigan.

>quartiere universitario
mai sentito
sarebbe il portello?

esatto, quella zona lì

My friend's surname is Padovan. Does that have anything to do with Padova?

It's not unlikely, but it's not 100% sure either

shit taste

Name five (5) great things about Padova

>Some parts are absolute shitholes: Namely Calabria, Naples in Campania, most of Calabria, Sicily, Apulia and Sardinia.
>Sardinia
N-Not true! Sardinia is the cutest island!

why does it seem like South Italy doesnt get nearly as much beach tourism as Spain or the Greek Islands?

>Sardinia.
i will hunt your relatives down if you don't show some fucking respect
*unzip leppa*

What's the best Italian city to study Engineering? I have the option to study in Torino or Milano.

Turin

Why though?

It's literally North Africa tier. Not even joking, once I've been in Tunisia and it was like staying in Calabria, the only difference were the language, the niqab and the camels.

I'm not saying this as an offence, I'm 50% southern italian myself (from Puglia, the eastern tip of the boot) and I recognize that the South has a lot of wonderful things to offer: the weather, the food, the landscapes, people are much more warm and welcoming, is simply a per-se dimension, it should be a separated country like it was for 500+ years.

don't trust torinesi, not even for a second.
i would say don't trust milanesi too but the city if sull of sandniggers and terroni

Don't listen to Sup Forums tards, sure some suburbs may be a bit iffy but the central part and the touristic areas are wonderful. The majority of italians in this board are autists who never made a step outside their room, yet they think they know everything about the world because they red it on the internet

sei proprio negro nel cervello

they love pasta

It's pretty much the same, politecnico di torino and politecnico di milano steal the first place from each other every few years in the national ranking so they're both good
As for the city Turin is better than Milan in my opinion

Visited Frascati from Rome, then flew to Turin. People in Frascati were super patient and friendly with us (drunk American kids). Turin's a nice city.

Fact: molisANI are the most powerful race in the world.

don't listen to those dumb northeners. Just consider that they can't realize that a tourist doesn't want to live here, but just to have 1-2 weeks of fun/relax.
Go to southern Italy, it's better

It is always Northerners who start all the south vs north Italy fights here on Sup Forums.

Why are they so butthurt?

It's not. Only posts openly insulting the south are from a central italian, and rest are southerners being passive aggressive and playing the victim as usual against northern italy

true northeners dont really give a fuck

they dont have a right to complain.
It is northerners who ended the Kingdom of the 2 Sicilies.

Another thing I've noticed in this thread is that Austria has been mentioned (relatively) frequently. Do Italians really see Austria as some sort of role-model country? It hardly ever gets mentioned here in the UK.

>Do Italians really see Austria as some sort of role-model country?

No one gives a fuck about austria, they mention it cause we took sudtirol from them

You love Civilization, this means you can be a descendant from the roman settlers from ancient times, you must be proud of not being a filthy barbarian anglo.

they are autistic memespouters. I'm not even a southener

Yeah, they all seem angry for some reason, whenever there is an Italian flag on /int being an asshole it is usualy a Northerner

t. Carmine Gennariello Pasqualino

bello

looks like North Africa

I'm from Roma, currently work in Pisa

terrone

I'm going to sicily in a few days,what should i expect?

There is a big volcano, be careful to not fall in it

poverty, crime, mismanagement, garbage lying around, brown people

t. polentANO

are we really letting the central-italian jews keep getting away with the fact that they are making us fight?

also butthurt inbreds like

Jokes on you I'm the same who made the question ahahahahah
ahahahah this

Me on the left.

because this is an italian jew nerd and talk whit his friends in special code

Any Italian here knows Oliver Onions? Are they still playing live concerts? Would love to see them