/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Sup Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/g/thread/S64078973#p64084506
blog.jdslabs.com/2017/03/ol-dac-the-peoples-filter/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

im gonna do it lads Im gonna get the MSR7s

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?
Mmmh, feet.
I have MSR7 on their way too. Might be by end of week, but likely next week.

do it!
I will get the akg k712 pro i will do it too!
yay for headphones with good highs

>hd600
>schiit

It sounds unholy good, user.

>headphones arrive Friday / Monday
>amp / dac arrives in 2 weeks / a month

send help

is there any earbud that cost lesser and sound better than apple earpods?

>feet
This thread never fucking disappoints.
Anyone else using a full-fledged external USB audio interface as a DAC? I never bought a dedicated DAC as I've been using my Focusrite 2i2, am I missing out?

look for those panasonic earbuds on amazon. i forget the model but its the best seller or whatever

Mx500 DIY on AliExpress

Those headphones don't really need an amp/DAC so you'll be OK. In fact, the DAC X6 will probably make those sound worse and you should return it when it arrives. Pic related.

I've loved my vsonic in-ears. Had them for years. No clue of the model though.

In addition to the DAC X6's terrible measurements, its 10 ohm output impedance is a problem for the 32 ohm SHP9500S. You chose very poorly with the DAC X6, user.

Don't bone conduction phones have terrible sound quality?

(reposting to get more opinions)
Are there any open back headphones that are especially transparent? like that let you hear everything going on around you? so I could wear them when cycling.

I saw and read a crap ton of reviews and everyone said it was an excellent DAC ;__;
They even said the SPH8500 and the X6 are the best budget setup possible.

(even though the SPH9500 don't need an amp, I really want some sort of volume control knob)

how are the R70x?
i'm trying to find a fairly versatile headphone that isn't nobass
current headphones are fidelio x2 so i'm pretty sure i have no clue what the fuck a "mid" is

Integrated soundcards have even higher output impedances, generally. I actually think his setup is ok, it's not like shp9500 will blow your mind off, no matter what dac/ amp you get for it. At least it was cheap and will not hiss.

Is there any point in buying the DT 990 for gaming (single player) and the K702 for multiplayer? Or should I get K712 which kind of does both but not as well?

You should get hd600 and amp and never bother with headphone upgrades again.

No soundstage no buy for gaming.

get akg k712 pro and o2 amp + cheap dac like fiio d3

No there is no point, all those headphones you chose are great for all types of gaming.

Also look at the Q701(terrible headband and might be cheaper) and K7XX
You really can't go wrong with any of the AKG k7 series headphones for gaming. I'd buy whichever is cheaper as they all sound quite similar.

>Is there any point in buying the DT 990 for any usage, ever?
No. It's shit.

They're really lightweight but pad removal makes me regret them. I had to order new pads because they got fucked. I have senior citizen tier thick glasses and they don't squeeze them. Feels nice. I don't think there's any head adjustments which means you're kind of screwed if it doesn't fit on your head.

Large soundstages do not benefit positional accuracy at all for gaming.

I'm a Audio Technica shill.

Please buy Audio Techinca products. Thank you.

that is not why people buy headphones with soundstage for gaming. it's the same reason they buy headphones that can do subbass well. it's just pleasureable.

>that is not why people buy headphones with soundstage for gaming.
It is the reason a lot of people do. Not all, but a lot of people are under the misconception that large soundstage = better gaming performance. Furthermore, a lot of people are under the misconception that large soundstage automatically = more pleasurable without even hearing it first. Soundstage is one of the least important characteristics of a headphone for any purpose, gaming included.

SHUT THE FUCK UP BUY HD600 REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

You have never even tried hd600, how do you even know it has no soundstage?

Stop posting your trash "dream" setup, you retarded underage NEET. At least wait with shilling until you have enough GBP to actually buy it.

Give me free products

Thanks a lot guys, just ordered this
It was the cheapest and has lots of positive reviews

>It is the reason a lot of people do. Not all, but a lot of people are under the misconception that large soundstage = better gaming performance.
no, I think that may be true outside /hpg/ but I've seen you try to dispell this myth here and it's just chasing a ghost. no one here believes that. if anything it is the opposite problem where hd600 and hd650 owners try to make it seem like good soundstage is inaccurate and bad or unwanted.

bypassing a ban is a permabannable offense

Give me employee discounts.

>using the headphone ad with the foot-fetish embed tag

YOU'D THINK AFTER 1000 THREADS, YOU'D GET SOME GIRLS WITH KAWAII FEET

>that may be true outside /hpg/
It is absolutely true.
>no one here believes that
Maybe not the regulars, but I'm sure some people who just drop by here once asking for purchase advice do.
>if anything it is the opposite problem where hd600 and hd650 owners try to make it seem like good soundstage is inaccurate and bad or unwanted.
Do you absolutely have to make every post in this thread about the stupid pro/anti HD600 war in these threads?

Have any of you tried the WA7 i want a tube amp and it literally gives me a boner when i look at it

I'm not.
Also if we are on bannable offenses topic, recommending things you don't own, and recommending against things you have never owned should be one.

>Do you absolutely have to make every post in this thread about the stupid pro/anti HD600 war in these threads?
gee it's almost like they tend to be the most biased and cancerous posters in /hpg/ with their constantly shilling and shitposting.

you've already seen this happen. hd600 owners call the hd800 bad because they believe soundstage is just sucked out upper midrange. i'm not sure why you have an issue with me bringing this up

Gee, it's almost as if you're behaving like a biased and cancerous poster with this post.

Gee, it's almost like you don't even own headphones.

NO. You must BUY them. You LOVE japan DON'T YOU?!

>I'm not.
you gonna tell me the removed posts at the start of last general weren't your autism? Don't get yourself banned again doggie.
>should be one
good thing your opinion doesn't matter lmao

bullshit, I've done nothing for you to say that. I'm merely stating the truth.

I already have audio-technica headphones and one of their microphones but thanks.

It's autistic gatekeeping posts like these which encourage a great percentage of the HD600 shills to keep shilling, as it generates angry responses like these. You should try just ignoring them.

better biased against hd600 then shilling it
if youre against it means you got all other headphones beside the hd600 to choose from and suggest other anons

>you gonna tell me the removed posts at the start of last general weren't your autism? Don't get yourself banned again doggie.
Actually no, I hardly ever post in this shithole general. Too much underages, shitposters, poorfags and retards.
I will put it back into my filter list very soon though, you can very much consider me banned if you want.

You're perpetuating the very behavior you abhor by reacting to it so strongly. While I'm sure some of the HD600 shilling is sincere, I'm also sure that a lot of it is specifically intended to trigger you, and you're letting everyone know right now that it's working.

>It's autistic gatekeeping posts like these which encourage a great percentage of the HD600 shills to keep shilling
sigh not this argument again.
>reeee it's your fault they are shitposting!
give me a break

ok bye noone cares
and we both know youre the same guy
go leave before you get triggered and get yourself banned again

tfw you fell for the hd600 meme

i dont lose anything by getting triggered
the hd600/schiit shills lose customers though some are prob employees

If you don't grasp the concept of acting annoyed on Sup Forums encouraging 4channers to continue to annoy you I think you might really actually have the autism.

Very few people who shill against hd600 ever posted their setups.
Quite a few people who owned hd600 posted their setup.
Anti-hd600 shitposters mostly just spam the same le funny meme images all over again. I doubt they even own headphones and are most likely all college aged children unable to afford anything decent anyway.

>go leave before you get triggered and get yourself banned again
Ok, try to get me banned moron. Report me for "ban avoiding" on all your devices. Good luck.

I'm not annoyed though. flabbergasted would be a better word for it. flabbergasted at the way you've come to your conclusions about how things work here.

Second part meant for

But I own an M40x.

Yes I love them a lot but I also love coupons

NOW HAND THEM OVER

nah youre ok now
last thread you were spazzing out

>he actually thinks the shills are paid shills and not just trying to trigger him
>he is actually this paranoid
You certainly come off as annoyed on a constant basis.
warosu.org/g/thread/S64078973#p64084506
>personal grudge
You come off as bootyblasted as fuck dude.

There are certain meds that can help with your condition user. Ask your doctor, they will be able to help you.

>Ask your doctor
id rather save up for my k712 pros ;3 then ill shitpost those hd600 shills for real

Thank you for your cooperation.
Please also buy Audio Techinca headphone amplifiers as well.

BUY Audio Techinca. COUPONS do not exist in japan!

>You certainly come off as annoyed on a constant basis.
I actually don't but you think I'm the wrong person so I understand why. I also don't post negative sennheiser memes I only post positive ones like ma900 because anti shilling is depressing af
>warosu.org/g/thread/S64078973#p64084506
>You come off as bootyblasted as fuck dude.
again wrong guy, I'm atticus user btw :)

>haveing to save up for headphones
This is 18+ website.

Are you the user who was bullied by /hpg/ into buying a DAC2?
>he's actually going to let /hpg/ bully him into buying a specific headphone just to get back at his bullies

no i only got ath m40x
here you go spazzing out again

OK, you type like the personal grudge guy. My point about reacting too strongly to the shilling stands, though. That shit absolutely encourages it.

>OK, you type like the personal grudge guy.
maybe we're the same person!
>That shit absolutely encourages it.
nah that's a similar argument to saying "wear a veil over your face or you can't expect a muslim man not to rape you, in their culture you are considered a whore to be used freely. it's your fualt for encouraging them"

How is reminding you about rules on this website a "spazzing out"? And as for again, I already told you what to do about it.
My favorite part of this all is that you actually are a noheadphones user, real one. Turns out they really exist.

i get more enjoyment than any of you

:^)

(^:

:^)

(^:

You have 5 SECONDS before I buy AKG products. COUPONS NOW.

Congratulations on owning the best headphones in the world, user.
>wear a veil over your face or you can't expect a muslim man not to rape you
This is actually close to being true. If you've read the Koran and the Sunnah of Muhammad you'd know they're allowed to rape non-believers, so it's actually "believe in Islam or you can't expect a Muslim man not to rape you."

>This is actually close to being true
In hindsight I think the better example would have been "don't antagonize muslims otherwise you can't expect them not to become terrorists"

Please clean your devices

thanks i will keep them safe and snap free

lol tubes
Actually, you can't expect them not to become terrorists regardless of whether you antagonize them or not since their religion specifically instructs them to cast terror into the hearts of the nonbelievers and do as Muhammad, someone who committed or ordered over 100 acts of terror, did. I think you should stop using Muslims as examples.

>I think you should stop using Muslims as examples.
no I think they make a good example in both cases. the reason I chose them is because their actions are wrong no matter how justified they may be. why did you think I chose that specific example?

BUY AKG AND YOU WILL GET (A)SS (K)ILL (G)ARBAGE PRODUCTS

BUY Audio Technica and you will receive quality JAPAN PRODUCTS and support JAPAN.

There's nothing wrong about posting nice things about high quality headphones like the HD600, user.

REEEE I didn't say that suck my cock faggot

But owning ATH headphones is like owning to the fact you spend majority of your day karma whoring on /r/headphones. How do you deal with that?

What is the meme amp to pair with the meme600s?

Idol trash here. MSR7 on their way.
Pictures of both MSR7 and HD600 soon™.

There are some new in box Hifiman 400i on Craigslist for $170. Is this a good deal? Figured I'll try to talk him down some.
Are these headphones any good? I've never used planars before.

bottlehead crack

I like the warmth of my hd 558 and I like the bass of my DT 770, not so much the treble. Wat can you guys recommend that combines both pro's?

lcd-2c

>Chifiman

WHO cares about THAT.

YOU BUY Audio Technica and receive quality Japan product and SOUND.

Pretty much any neutral amp or dac/amp will work fine with HD600.
Objective2, Lake People g103 are good.
Aune x1s, audio-gd NFB 11.28 if you want dac/amp combo.
HD600 are relatively easy to drive and with 300 Ohm impedance and pretty decent sensitivity.
Actually you can get non-neutral amp too if you want (tube amp or whatever) if you like this kind of shit, but I would really recommend not to.

I FORGOT the quality JAPAN headphone Product image. Please forgive me and BUY them.

But my waifu owns Beyers, are you telling me to betray her?
How could you Audio-Technica, you're the worst.

does anyone understand how this shit works ?
blog.jdslabs.com/2017/03/ol-dac-the-peoples-filter/
honestly can't figure out how to change filters with the dip switch and I don't even know which filter is the transparent one

Those who can tell the difference between FLAC and 320kbps MP3, please explain the major differences.
There are only some tracks where I can truly tell a difference but most of the time the two formats are indistinguishable from one another, even comparing 5000 kbps 192khz FLACS to 320 kbps 48khz MP3.

Hydrogenaudio has tested this in detail.
tl;dr: FLAC and 320 kbps MP3 are indistinguishable in blind tests in almost all cases, save for a few "killer samples" which don't represent normal everyday usage.