Study for almost 2 months to get my A+ cert

>study for almost 2 months to get my A+ cert
>barely pass
>find out that it's not uncommon for people to pass Security+ with a mere two weeks of study
>tfw brainlet
>tfw the cert cost $400~ but employers don't want to hire me for more than $10 an hour because I have no experience
>this is literally the same wage as a seasonal retail worker
>most jobs you could get with an A+ don't even require it and would prefer work experience

Take what you can. Get the work experience. You can do it, but like most IT people, you have to work your way up.

Two things: this is your chance to get work experience and the offers are starting offers - expect to get more if you can perform.

Pretty much this, shit will suck ass for probs the first year or two but if you work hard and aren't completely useless you'll do well.

It just feels bad to take a wagecuck salary. Though it would be good to get the work experience while studying for network+. Thanks for the encouragement.

How long should I stay at a particular job? Should I move on once obtaining a better certification, or should I stay for longer just so it looks better on a resume?

Damn. Sounds rough.

Stay for at least one year.

>It just feels bad to take a wagecuck salary.

If you look down on work, you should feel bad and not sneer at "wagecuck" anything, you precious little cunt.

Alright. Thank you for the advice.

Get real man. You really think think racking clothes, items, or greeting customers as a job is on the same level of sys admin or senior software engineer? I understand that people have to make ends meet, but there are bad jobs that people wouldn't take if they had better options.

Hey Sup Forums
Should your job pay for your certification tests? Or should you pay out of pocket?

from what I've seen in my limited experience the job pays for it if you're an employee, but if you're a contractor its on you, and the employer probably has some "if you quit within 3 months of us paying for it we'll bill you" thing they'll make you sign.

I'm here to tell you OP, take what you can get and like it. If you're really in a field you enjoy then you're in it for a career's length of time. Build your resume, and your work network. Junior level positions are common across the industry. No one is going to hand money and massive responsibility to an unproven worker.

>tfw I have a network+
>tfw 2 years of tier 1 help desk experience
>got laid off
>can't get a job anywhere now even with 2 years of experience because I was told $11 an hour was asking too much

Nobody actually really wants to work. We are simply compelled to. Anyone who loves working might also enjoy the taste of shit for example.

You will understand when you "grow up"'

Thats fucked. I earn $30 per hour and don't even know how to tie my own shoelaces. ( defaulted to velcro straps )

yeah you're pretty dumb

Cock

>feels bad to take a wagecuck salary
Did you expect your first job to not be a wagecuck salary?

How many people do you think start at more than $13 an hour?

What do you do?

The baby believes what his "skool" told him about his worth.

He took the bait.

Now thinks he is above wage cuck.

Heh, he actually believed.

Sucker.

desu I dont even know, I just know how to look busy, very quickly, and I waste time through delegation and catch ups from subordinates to eat up my 8 hours per day

You are an inspiration to us all desu

>be retard
>post blog on Sup Forums
>suck cock
Sad!

Should I go for a Cyber Security BA or a Computer Science BA ???? Need help just wanna hax and help fortify networks from potential hackers

Aiming for Cyber Security Analyst~

Generally wanting to fortify networks and servers stuff , doing ethical white hat hacking pretty much & consultation and analizing

I'm not familiar with a CompSci degree being offered as a Bachelor of Arts. You might wanna double check your curriculum.

But otherwise between the two you'll probably get way more know how and opportunities out of CompSci

I'm a sysadmin in a hospital since December. I'm replacing toners and un-jam papers all day long.
I just feel like I don't get the experience that I need, there's no networking no linux server no windows server, nothing here. No time to study either because "muh printer keeps printing emojis, the paper is stuck" etc.
Should I try going aboard and find Junior jobs, or should I suck ass for 1-2 years to get the experience on paper? Even a factory worker earns more than a sysadmin in hospitals here
Yuropoor here.

>BA in Computer Science

What the fuck. Anyway, I work in infosec and you definitely want the computer science degree, only get cyber security qualifications as an addon.

If you don't know shit about compsci, then you lack the foundation to begin learning compsec. It's that simple. It would be like learning prime numbers before the concept of multiplication.

I was paid 9-12€/day + housing + food for my first job. It wasn't much, but little more than the student benefits. After that, the tables had turned and headhunters started offering me jobs based on my linkedin profile instead of me having to spam my CV and coverletter to dozens and dozens of job opportunities.

Nigga the first year they're gonna be training your ass

Glad I didn't pay for my certs. Just finished a course paid for by the state and through it, got the A+, Network+, the stupid Microsoft Servers Essentials and narrowly missed passing Security+, but the repeat exam for it next Friday is also paid for.

>helpdesk job paying $11 an hour is asking for too much
That's awful. They usually pay at least $15 and only require a HS education along with the ability to communicate well enough. Where the fuck do you live?

A sysadmin that only works on printers? Did they lie to you or something? A factory worker makes more than you? Which yuro shithole is this?

>TFW would like to attempt comp sci full-time but don't have the funds and currently work full-time as a NOC monkey

What state is this? What's the course called?