Ignoring prices rn:

Ignoring prices rn:
Should I get a 1060 6gb or rx 580?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Either looks good now that the cryptoniggers are having their operations self-destruct

1080Ti

580 8gb ~= 1060 6gb
580 4gb > 1060 3gb

>rn
Please, die.

Scored a 1080ti off Amazon for $729 today. Feels fucking good. Not bad considering MSRP is $699.

If prices are the same, definetly get the RX 580

Are you getting a new monitor soon? Freesync monitors are quite a bit cheaper than comparable gsync ones giving advantage to the Radeon. OTOH, the 1060 will use less electricity to run.

I use rx 580 now, and its my first and last amd video card.
Get 1060

They're not even hiding it anymore

wouldnt you say the RX 580 is a glorified version of the 1050 ti? Like honestly I think the amount of CUDA cores and processing power to the VRAM is just right, so if I ever wanted more vram, I also go with a stronger card. By that logic, a 6GB 1060 is more attractive to me than the 3GB despite premium of extra vram. 580 is strong, but its pointless with 4gb when theres a 1060 6GB nearby

((()))

Raising an RX 580's TDP above 150W only serves to get some overclocking headroom. Look at the reference PCB for the RX 480, it only has one 6 pins connector and performs just like a GTX 1060 6gb. Polaris is very power efficient.

pcper.com/reviews/Graphics-Cards/Power-Consumption-Concerns-Radeon-RX-480

They draw the power via the PCIE

That's right. You get about 60W of power via PCI-E. I fail to see your point.

Polaris is NOT efficient.

You should've been more specific, because as it is your statement is plain wrong.

Should I get the 1050ti

or should I wait for new architecture.

>If prices are the same, definetly get the RX 580
Why?

Freesync and gsync, the meme life

If it's close always get the AMD card for the fine wine bonus.

Just wait for a few months. The cryptocurrency value has crashed, so GPUs will be in a lower demand soon. either way get the RX

Wait. Find a cheap 1050 and sit on it until things improve.

can't say much about the rx580 but i recently switched from r9 fury x to zotac 1060 6gb and hell this card is not that much slower, while consuming a third of the power and being silent as fuck

freesync/gsync are not real game changers i figured.

when you have a 144hz monitor, there is not much of a difference in terms of fluidity

Oy vey

except when you are one of those people which purposefully like to play at 40fps instead of setting settings from ultra to high for almost no visual difference but better performance

except there is no finewine bonus. the r9 fury x is sometimes slower than a rx580. vega still has hardware features locked in software which they promised a year ago

Iirc dynamic sync addresses a specific issue in which the monitor is not able to keep up with the framerate that the gpu is trying to display, so if you're monitor is able to display high frame rates then it doesn't need dynamic sync.

sorry user, but there's pretty much no contest between the two, way different brackets

there could be some confusion (page didn't load all the way) but i was comparing 1050 ti to 580

i think you mean adaptive sync.

adaptive sync just enables the monitor to syncronise with the gpu on which frame to spit out so the monitor doesn't do it's own thing and cuts the image with the strobing in half or at all.

Or when you're playing at 1440p, in which case you often can't avoid running at 40 fps.

They're on par in DirectX 11 or 12 but AMD cards are terrible for emulation. also the 1060 uses less power

i play bf1 at wqhd with atleast 72fps with a 1060 @ ultra, just post processing at medium and without anti aliasing and you're set

Yes, it's very efficient until you start overclocking.

More vram, better drivers (both winshit and linux, but especially Linux), freesync, more futureproof, finewine, longer support
The better question is why not?

Forgot to mention, I have a 1060 6gb because it was much cheaper at time of purchase, and I regret not waiting and getting a 580.