A big waste of "Space"

>Technology gets smaller and smaller every day
>The space key is still hueg
Why is this allowed?

>add sensors on our space bar
>automate data collection
>make scatter diagram

The Japanese already have this solved.

Do Japanese really type with Japanese layout?
I see so many IME-like typos on games I played.

There are far better things to complain about on an ANSI keyboard, than the size of the space key.

Like why the hell are the shift keys so large?

>xbox hueg enter
>tiny backspace
No thanks.

They're probably just filling up empty space.
My complaint is "why the fuck is caps lock there and why does it even exist at all?".

ANSI has the shitty enter key, I will forever love my unicomp terminal for the fact it has a iso layout

They type with ime. Those extra keys are used to control the IME.

CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

Ew

>why is this allowed
Presumably, you allowed that monstrosity onto your desk. You tell ME why you did that in the year of our lord 2018, when pic related is available.

Look buddy I hate myself but not enough to use that disfigured autismo surfboard

>Alpha Strike

if you want some super-tiny meme board /mkg/ will be happy to accommodate you

Eh, you said you wanted smaller space key.

so you can press with either of your thumbs

that's actually less space efficient

That is a beautiful keyboard.

Turns out, humans are pretty inefficient in use of space too. Cut off your arms, you'll be able to fit in smaller places.

Kinesis advantage is narrower than most 'normal' full size keyboard (such as the one in your pic), and puts the hands in a much more natural position. Isn't the purpose of a keyboard a 'human interface device'? What a revelation that maybe it should be made to fit a typical arm spacing for a human... lol

>Caps lock is the fourth largest key on the keyboard of a language that doesn't have capitals
Also come to think of it, what does the shift key do for them?

All computers and most of the internet still run on latin script or what ever the proper term for it is so you need all that entails which includes capitalization and stuff.
If you look under the caps lock key there is a few symbols so maybe caps lock can also be used for something when typing japanese IDK really

They still use roman characters in certain cases, the caps lock is still pretty useless to them overall though. Shift is used for secondary inputs the same way you press shift to input >.
Under the capslock reads 英数 or a non literal definition of "ASCII coding". So you can take a guess as to what that does.
>latin
Its roman characters.

That keyboard is perfect except for the enter key. It needs to be horizontal

Oh yeah I'm a retard, of course they would need alternate symbols. I still hate caps lock though.

Modifier keys help out when swapping keyboard languages. Ditto for caps lock

>using standard, non-split keyboard layout
>1977+41

>big-ass enter
gas yourself you slimy eurofag

but really, everything other than BAE is perfect on that keyboard

master race

>but how do you type capital letters?!

you can get a layout basically that good without giving up all your desk space
>picrelated

Never realised American keyboards had such a shit enter key I can't imagine using that
t. Yuro

No you can't, why do you think Kinesis looks like ass? There's simply no other way to position those keys like that. ErgoDox has those pivot stands but those simply don't come close.

How about a spheric keyboard you can hold in your lap, with keys at both sides? And another sphere as pointer.