Building a PC is so easy! It's like getting a driver's license - everyone has done it, even the most retarded people!

>Building a PC is so easy! It's like getting a driver's license - everyone has done it, even the most retarded people!

Okay, but the mere fact that it's possible to fuck up means it's just best to get it built at a shop for under $100, considering the system can easily cost from $1,000 to $2,000.

Its literally plug and play, easier than Lego. Its designed for Sup Forums babies, if you can put together an ikea table you can put together a computer. How can you possibly mess up? Maybe CPU placement? Everything else is clearly labeled and explained very thoughly in the mobo / card manual. You're not gonna stuff a PCI card into a ram slot or something like common

>paying 5 to 10 % of the price of the product for something you can easily do yourself

Hardest part about building a computer for me was figuring where all the cables go. The parts just slide in. Look up a video of someone building a PC using the same case as yours if you have to.

>The mere fact that it's possible to X means it's just best to Y
Do your best with that sentence, Sup Forums.

>the mere fact that its possible to leave your wife unsatisfied means its best to just leave it to jamal

why not let somebody who is better than you at something do it instead of you? do you cut your own hair? do you grow your own food? do you make your own clothes?

>5 to 10%
Woh!

Something much more subtle can go wrong, like a factory defect. Then it starts to sink in that Newegg's return policy is too vague, and you lack the patience to wait 2 months for something to be refurbished.

Buy the parts at a local shop, none of that will matter, and they might build/troubleshoot it for free. Yeah, a local shop is the way to go.

the Sup Forumsentooman immediately turns the argument into a discussion about his fetish

This, except only with the power cables and all the other tiny ones around it. The other types of cables slide right in and you can't ruck them up.
The other problem I had was that I had 4 ram slots but only 2 ram sticks. I knew that I should put them in the slots of the same color, but not which ones. I don't know if this is a problem anymore.

10/10

You're just retarded. This is literally you right now

why the fuck would you build a pc?

just buy a cheap used prebuilt off ebay, add a graphics card and new PSU if necessary, and you're done.

I cut my own hair and assemble my own PC’s.

haha yeah niggers

do you tie your own shoes, you fucking imbecile?

this is the one thing in life you have and I'm gonna let you pretend to be superior over it

sure. be aware that plebbit is that way ->

>tfw I've never gotten my drivers license because I'm terrified at the prospect of driving a car and potentially hurting someone

judging by how you sound like a child, I've probably been on Sup Forums 5 years longer than you

and yet, you're still retarded enough to not be able to build your own pc

Don't be a retard. When I started out I literally plugged the gpu in half way and it still ran albeit extremely laggy. When I plugged in everything again it ran smooth. The things are designed to be for retard level consumers.

okay so you have nothing useful or intelligent to say in your entire mind

for one, the GPU doesn't plug in

If you're so incredibly inept that you require corporations to perform the simplest tasks for you, then you are probably too retarded to use a computer anyway.

its incredible that you are a slave of the corporations. I have hacked into the mainframe at least 1000x. I am an extremely subversive, genetically engineered secret agent sent by God to destroy the corporations. You had your PC looked at in a shop? HA. You are a peasant in this cyberpunk future where I am king.

>considering the system can easily cost from $1,000 to $2,000.

>Okay, but the mere fact that it's possible to fuck up
You should stop driving or using any form of automotive for transportation. The mere fact that you could crash and die means it's best to just never leave your basement.

troll harder

Wtf, pretty much every legit manufacturer lets you RMA DOA parts.

OP confirmed faggot

If I could get driven everywhere for 5% ontop of the cost of my car (and at the moment its more like 10-20% less for prebuilts) I absolutely would.

an assembler does not care about your machine
being experienced in this scenario beings handling things more haphazardly
the minimum wage worker wants to get the computer assembled and then go back to smoking

>computers are modular and components are made for easy assembly among other reasons because they must be assembled by illiterate Chinese peasants for 100$ per month
You are a disgrace for this board.

You've been a retail customer before, right? They'll always right the problem. The fact that the manager only makes $15/hr means that they don't give a shit if they even make a profit off you. So long as they get the manager gets their paycheck, they don't give a shit what you leave the store with. The product is not working? Here, take a new one. Most of the time, if you email a company asking for free shit, they'll give it to you in the mail. Give it a shot.

I'll tell you, that is a lot better than waiting months to get parts back that were delivered over Newegg fucking broken.

You have mediocre comprehension and difficulty making inferences, so maybe you are an illiterate peasant.

>being this scared to use your brain or get a simple task done
maybe computers aren't for you user...

copper cable to ground yourself is like 50 cents

First timer here my parts are arriving tomorrow insha'allah. I'm afraid of static though. Is an anti static wrist band enough? What do I attach the crocodile clip to

I've been building computers for over a decade now. I have never used any kind of anti-static wrist-band or anything like that, and I have never fried a computer.

and then wonder why the power supply fried every component in the system

>Everything else is clearly labeled and explained very thoughly in the mobo / card manual.
He expects people to read.